Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 07:18 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Your attempt at Jedi mind tricks cannot conceal your complete lack of knowledge about the OP.

The OP was a question about our preferences in crucifix fashion in churches.

You want to tell me Mary had no sex.

I would agree that you employ a certain craftiness as you moved the conversation in this direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 07:51 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
When my son was 4, he pointed to a crucifix hanging in my parents' house and declared: "I don't like that Jesus on the plus sign."

He's 34 now, and perhaps unsurprisingly, irreligious.
That is so funny, maybe he didn't like idols of gods. OMG, you should see my house, there must be freaking 80 crosses and I don't know, maybe 20 thousand angels?

Old 10-15-2018, 08:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Your attempt at Jedi mind tricks cannot conceal your complete lack of knowledge about the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The OP was a question about our preferences in crucifix fashion in churches.

You want to tell me Mary had no sex.

I would agree that you employ a certain craftiness as you moved the conversation in this direction.
He was seduced by the dark side of the Force.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:

Rationality = Jedi mind tricks to little jimmiej.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:23 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,695 times
Quote:
If you earnestly seek God, your sins are washed away by the blood of Christ, whether you like it or not.
You begin well, but your assertion falls apart at the end.

If one earnestly seeks God, then why would one dislike being forgiven?

Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. - James 4:8

No sinner will be forgiven unless he or she approaches the altar of grace by faith in repentance. The act of repentance is a bone deep desire to be rid of sin, to STOP it and to even be rid of the stain of guilt that comes with it.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

The assumption that sins are washed away whether we like it or not is false. Sins are NOT washed away at all unless there is a deep sincere desire to be rid of them. Forgiveness is God's gracious act of taking our guilt away. It is based upon the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross as well as our personal desire to be rid of sin.

A double minded man or woman will not be forgiven.

The desire to put away sin must be absolute. Then and only then will the absolute cleansing of forgiveness be applied by God. God is not a fool and doesn't give away His precious blood unless the persona who asks is serious.

The time to repent is now. The time to put away sin for all time is now. The time to seek God in humility and in absolute desire to do His will is now.

There are no other alternatives and no other options.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 10-16-2018, 06:38 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
You begin well, but your assertion falls apart at the end.

If one earnestly seeks God, then why would one dislike being forgiven?

Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. - James 4:8

No sinner will be forgiven unless he or she approaches the altar of grace by faith in repentance. The act of repentance is a bone deep desire to be rid of sin, to STOP it and to even be rid of the stain of guilt that comes with it.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

The assumption that sins are washed away whether we like it or not is false. Sins are NOT washed away at all unless there is a deep sincere desire to be rid of them. Forgiveness is God's gracious act of taking our guilt away. It is based upon the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross as well as our personal desire to be rid of sin.

A double minded man or woman will not be forgiven.

The desire to put away sin must be absolute. Then and only then will the absolute cleansing of forgiveness be applied by God. God is not a fool and doesn't give away His precious blood unless the persona who asks is serious.

The time to repent is now. The time to put away sin for all time is now. The time to seek God in humility and in absolute desire to do His will is now.

There are no other alternatives and no other options.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Ronkie doesn’t believe the blood of Christ has any effect on sin.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:15 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:

Nor do most sane people.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:26 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:

Morning jimmie,

I think you should stop sinning. God wants you to stop sinning, too.

Choir says you do not have a license to sin. BP thinks he is crazy. So, who knows?

You believe you cannot help yourself, and sinning is in your flesh. That is the believe of men who do not take responsibility. They whine, not my fault. I have flesh.

You continue to sin, therefore the blood of a man on the cross ,in an agonizing death, has not served its purpose. If you consider it further, the blood was given to you in vain.

Love, Ronkie

PS. I love you despite your irrational beliefs and relationship with a book rather than God.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:30 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I would rather use a cross without Jesus on it in a church building because crucifixes can be an idol. However I am fine of using one as a decoration. Though i can understand why some churches use a crucifix in their churches which reminds them of Jesus' suffering and death on the cross but at the same time if it is worshipped then it becomes an idol
Anyone prefer an empty electric chair/ noose over a filled one in their church buildings?

Old 10-16-2018, 10:49 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Morning jimmie,

I think you should stop sinning. God wants you to stop sinning, too.

Choir says you do not have a license to sin. BP thinks he is crazy. So, who knows?

You believe you cannot help yourself, and sinning is in your flesh. That is the believe of men who do not take responsibility. They whine, not my fault. I have flesh.

You continue to sin, therefore the blood of a man on the cross ,in an agonizing death, has not served its purpose. If you consider it further, the blood was given to you in vain.

Love, Ronkie

PS. I love you despite your irrational beliefs and relationship with a book rather than God.
Still trying to entice me with your Jedi mind tricks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity