Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 03:41 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,051,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Exactly. Crucifixes are doctrinally inaccurate. Hence, not needed.
Christians aren't ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 03:56 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,579,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
We all need the blood of Christ to be saved, even you. Here’s what the blood of Christ does for us.

1. It remits sins (Matt. 26:28).

2. It gives life to those who consume it (John 6:53).

3. It causes us to dwell in Christ and He in us (John 6:56).

4. It is the means by which Jesus purchased the church (Acts 20:28).

5. It is the means by which Jesus becomes our atonement through faith (Rom. 3:25).

6. It justifies us and saves us from wrath (Rom. 5:9).

7. It redeems us (Eph. 1:7; 1 Pet. 1:18-19; Rev. 5:9).

8. It brings those who were far away from God near to Him (Eph. 2:13).

9. It grants us the forgiveness of sins (Col. 1:14).

10. It brings peace and reconciliation to God (Col. 1:20).

I do not need anyone's blood, jimmy. I do not need saving from anything, either. God and I both know this.

You believe that the torture, agony and murder of Jesus was necessary, and somehow your hands are clean now.

But, your hands were not always clean. If the murder of Jesus was necessary, your hands would have always been clean. You wipe your hands in the blood of a man, and somehow you are redeemed.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:08 PM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 26 days ago)

20,365 posts, read 12,644,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I do not need anyone's blood, jimmy. I do not need saving from anything, either. God and I both know this.

You believe that the torture, agony and murder of Jesus was necessary, and somehow your hands are clean now.

But, your hands were not always clean. If the murder of Jesus was necessary, your hands would have always been clean. You wipe your hands in the blood of a man, and somehow you are redeemed.
Yes, you do, because you are like the rest of us, flawed.

Romans 3

22And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

If you are not aware of this, then it is not God who has been speaking to you.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:09 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,058,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I would rather use a cross without Jesus on it in a church building because crucifixes can be an idol. However I am fine of using one as a decoration. Though i can understand why some churches use a crucifix in their churches which reminds them of Jesus' suffering and death on the cross but at the same time if it is worshipped then it becomes an idol
Old Testament beliefs effecting New Testament Christianity?

Where did Jesus say you cannot have any images of him in effigy?

He didn't. His father had an issue with graven images, for he IS a self-professed jealous God.

When it comes to personal jewelry, the image of a cross without Jesus is fine, but I like to see the crucifix in church. The crucifix humanizes Jesus for many. A cross without the image is simply two lines intersecting, imho.

The crucifix is the crux of Christianity. It is a physical representation of the Passion of Christ. It is his sacrifice so that we may all enter Heaven. To take that out of the visual for us mere mortals so that it may eventually become forgotten over time and leave us all to look at the cross as merely an abstract decoration, no different from a cut out snowflake, would not be good.

A crucifix is not an idol. It is not the same as a golden calf that we dance and become drunken around.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, you do, because you are like the rest of us, flawed.

Romans 3

22And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

If you are not aware of this, then it is not God who has been speaking to you.

No jimmie. I do not wash my hands in the blood of another human, or human/spirit/god.

The idea is repulsive to me, warts and all.

My relationship with God does not require it. No sacrifice needed.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:37 PM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 26 days ago)

20,365 posts, read 12,644,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
No jimmie. I do not wash my hands in the blood of another human, or human/spirit/god.

The idea is repulsive to me, warts and all.

My relationship with God does not require it. No sacrifice needed.
Then you will stand before God on your own merit.

Phil. 3:9-10

I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to Him in His death.

Revelation 20:11-15

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Will your name be found therein?

Old 10-14-2018, 04:57 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,003,465 times
Quote:

...snip...

You think you won't?

Old 10-14-2018, 04:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,164,395 times
Quote:

I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to Him in His death.

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Does the book come in paperback or hardcover? And have you seen it to know, if your name is written in this book?

The Lake of fire does not equate to a place of eternal damnation, torment or punishment which fundamentalist call HELL? That is, and always has been a figment of man's imagination from the day of its conception.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:

I do that every day. Don't you?

Ahh, you believe in the Akashic Records. If you must, you must.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:37 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,051,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You think you won't?
Can you imagine that, fundamentalists being judged how they have represented Jesus Christ?, their hell would be packed out with them all, they'd all be pleading "we believed in the bible and what it said about you". I'm so grateful Jesus Christ of the scriptures is not the devil they think at sometime(the days of revelation) is going to return to kick sinner ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity