U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-16-2018, 06:34 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,093 posts, read 24,042,570 times
Reputation: 7812

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Quit with the emoji

Give an Amen
Hallelujah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-16-2018, 06:53 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,237,066 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
And many deliberately misrepresent the Bible so as to justify their own sin wickedness and licentiousness.

"A fool hath no delight in understanding, But only that his heart may reveal itself." - Proverbs 18:2

There are no contradictions in the Bible.

Like most good books it is consistent with its own theme.
What theme requires large chunks of the Bible to be written about God which directly contradict other writings in the books of the Bible which declare that God IS Love, and which describe the nature of love completely differently than how other biblical writings describe God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir loft
Fools and scoffers state otherwise because they need to justify their own sin and because they have no intention whatsoever to understand what the book is saying.

Many call good evil and evil good so as to persuade themselves of the efficacy of their own passions and to justify their own perversions....<snipped>
There is nothing perverse or sinful about recognizing that the Bible is a gathering of writings from the ancient world, showing a progression of thought (some of which is outrageously perverse). The perversion is setting up camp on the writings of dead men rather than being established in the love of the living God.

But, what on earth do you think these “passions and perversions” are that I need to repent of? It seems your imagination about what I do in my life is what’s perverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2018, 07:15 AM
 
Location: central Florida
1,004 posts, read 363,599 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What theme requires large chunks of the Bible to be written about God which directly contradict other writings in the books of the Bible which declare that God IS Love, and which describe the nature of love completely differently than how other biblical writings describe God?



There is nothing perverse or sinful about recognizing that the Bible is a gathering of writings from the ancient world, showing a progression of thought (some of which is outrageously perverse). The perversion is setting up camp on the writings of dead men rather than being established in the love of the living God.

But, what on earth do you think these “passions and perversions” are that I need to repent of? It seems your imagination about what I do in my life is what’s perverse.
Your post fails to demonstrate any knowledge of scripture at all, but continually and constantly spews vindictive rubbish about that which it is ignorant of.

What Law points to a need of repentance?

Firstly all the false accusations of the Word of God published in your post. "You shall not bear false witness" means that deliberate lies are a sin. No one is excused. No saint. No doctor of education from California. No national leader. No self-important scoffer. Lies are sin all the time.

Second, the first commandment says we should love the Lord God with all our heart mind and spirit. This means we humbly consider His words and purposes and actions. Scoffers only consider their own mind and mouth so as to impress others. They only succeed in revealing their own ignorance.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil." - Jesus as quoted in John 3:19

The perversity that you have written with your own hand declares truth to be a lie and good is evil. This reversal of good and evil ought to be self-evident to one and all - except those whose mind is clouded with hate and love of darkness.

If there is condemnation or judgmental attitude or vindictive outrageous perverse accusations, it has been asserted by your own posts. You know not of what you write.

Scoffers shall have their reward in the Lake of Fire - the Second Death.

This is a statement of spiritual reality, but God is not willing that any suffer Final Destruction but has provided a way of escape by repentance of their sins and heaven's provision for forgiveness. All one has to do is humbly repent and sincerely ask.

God will not hear any sinner's prayer except the prayer of repentance.

The time to repent is now. Time is too short to play mind games. It is time to get serious about sin and lies and innuendo and to put it away.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2018, 07:53 AM
 
Location: US
28,118 posts, read 15,195,254 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Your post fails to demonstrate any knowledge of scripture at all, but continually and constantly spews vindictive rubbish about that which it is ignorant of.

What Law points to a need of repentance?

Firstly all the false accusations of the Word of God published in your post. "You shall not bear false witness" means that deliberate lies are a sin. No one is excused. No saint. No doctor of education from California. No national leader. No self-important scoffer. Lies are sin all the time.

Second, the first commandment says we should love the Lord God with all our heart mind and spirit. This means we humbly consider His words and purposes and actions. Scoffers only consider their own mind and mouth so as to impress others. They only succeed in revealing their own ignorance.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil." - Jesus as quoted in John 3:19

The perversity that you have written with your own hand declares truth to be a lie and good is evil. This reversal of good and evil ought to be self-evident to one and all - except those whose mind is clouded with hate and love of darkness.

If there is condemnation or judgmental attitude or vindictive outrageous perverse accusations, it has been asserted by your own posts. You know not of what you write.

Scoffers shall have their reward in the Lake of Fire - the Second Death.

This is a statement of spiritual reality, but God is not willing that any suffer Final Destruction but has provided a way of escape by repentance of their sins and heaven's provision for forgiveness. All one has to do is humbly repent and sincerely ask.

God will not hear any sinner's prayer except the prayer of repentance.

The time to repent is now. Time is too short to play mind games. It is time to get serious about sin and lies and innuendo and to put it away.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Do not bear false witness AGAINST YOUR NEIGHBOR...You seemed to have forgotten the other half of hat verse or deliberately omitted it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2018, 08:03 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,237,066 times
Reputation: 2103
Choir, you really can’t see the circular reasoning you are engaged in, can you?

You insist that I believe the Bible contradicts itself because I want an excuse to indulge my “passions and perversions”. And you say those passions and perversions that I want to indulge are believing the Bible contradicts itself.

Do you see it now?

Choir, I assume you believe that “God IS Love”?

Read the description of how love behaves in 1 Cor 13, among other passages, and explain why anyone should believe the descriptions of God in other portions of the Bible which are in direct contradiction to that description?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2018, 08:08 AM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,142,015 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Do not bear false witness AGAINST YOUR NEIGHBOR...You seemed to have forgotten the other half of hat verse or deliberately omitted it...
Are you insinuating that lying is ok otherwise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2018, 08:24 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,237,066 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Are you insinuating that lying is ok otherwise?
Many Biblical authors bore false witness against God, attributing all sorts of evil things to God, apparently out of ignorance that God is Love. What is the excuse, now, of those who claim to know that God is love for continuing to propagate that ignorance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2018, 08:46 AM
 
20,615 posts, read 9,939,571 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Many Biblical authors bore false witness against God, attributing all sorts of evil things to God, apparently out of ignorance that God is Love. What is the excuse, now, of those who claim to know that God is love for continuing to propagate that ignorance?
Their only excuse is to remain ignorant or make a change for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2018, 09:27 AM
 
Location: US
28,118 posts, read 15,195,254 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Are you insinuating that lying is ok otherwise?
What I am insinuating is that he must find another verse to support his commandment of not lying because that one has to do with telling untruths about your neighbor...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2018, 09:35 AM
 
Location: US
28,118 posts, read 15,195,254 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Your post fails to demonstrate any knowledge of scripture at all, but continually and constantly spews vindictive rubbish about that which it is ignorant of.

What Law points to a need of repentance?

Firstly all the false accusations of the Word of God published in your post. "You shall not bear false witness" means that deliberate lies are a sin. No one is excused. No saint. No doctor of education from California. No national leader. No self-important scoffer. Lies are sin all the time.

Second, the first commandment says we should love the Lord God with all our heart mind and spirit. This means we humbly consider His words and purposes and actions. Scoffers only consider their own mind and mouth so as to impress others. They only succeed in revealing their own ignorance.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil." - Jesus as quoted in John 3:19

The perversity that you have written with your own hand declares truth to be a lie and good is evil. This reversal of good and evil ought to be self-evident to one and all - except those whose mind is clouded with hate and love of darkness.

If there is condemnation or judgmental attitude or vindictive outrageous perverse accusations, it has been asserted by your own posts. You know not of what you write.

Scoffers shall have their reward in the Lake of Fire - the Second Death.

This is a statement of spiritual reality, but God is not willing that any suffer Final Destruction but has provided a way of escape by repentance of their sins and heaven's provision for forgiveness. All one has to do is humbly repent and sincerely ask.

God will not hear any sinner's prayer except the prayer of repentance.

The time to repent is now. Time is too short to play mind games. It is time to get serious about sin and lies and innuendo and to put it away.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 20

3 You shall not have the gods of others in My presence.



Nope, nothing about “love the Lord God with all our heart mind and spirit”...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top