U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2018, 08:37 AM
 
Location: New England
32,224 posts, read 21,104,768 times
Reputation: 2274

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
The question is false and impossible to give a correct answer. It is like answering the question can God make an object so big that even He can’t lift it?

Scripture comes from the Lord. He does not contradict Himself
. As many would love to believe that the Bible is tainted and corrupted, it has been meticulously collected and studied throughout the centuries by thousands of experts.

Are there a few verses in question? Of course. We are imperfect beings and therefor we make mistakes. However, for those who say the Bible is corrupted or flawed are not led by the Spirit but by their sin that the Bible exposes.
Where does it say in the OT you are of the wrong spirit for calling fire down from heaven?. Jesus showed his disciples something that was not written in the OT scriptures by telling them this. Many things that Jesus taught were not in the OT scriptures, so you Finn Jarber, jimmie Bap fundy would have had a hard time accepting what Jesus taught if you were around back then, because you would have said to him, i don't see anything you are saying in the OT scriptures, therefore you are a false prophet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2018, 08:40 AM
 
5,948 posts, read 1,699,495 times
Reputation: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Wrong your bible say the one you are supposed to believe IS.
Why would you believe it? That's circular reasoning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2018, 08:40 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,169,155 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It’s not surprising that some people, like Jimmiej, think the Bible is God and/or Jesus. They believe the Bible is the “word” and then, given that the Bible refers to the” word” as God, it sure would make the conclusion that the Bible is God seem to follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2018, 08:43 AM
 
5,948 posts, read 1,699,495 times
Reputation: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It’s not surprising that some people, like Jimmiej, think the Bible is God and/or Jesus.
Wrong again. I've seen this lie several times lately. No--I'm quite confident Jimmie doesn't believe the Bible is God, nor do I.


That's called a "straw man". It's easier to lie about what a person believes and then you can attack the lie instead of the actual belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2018, 08:45 AM
 
Location: New England
32,224 posts, read 21,104,768 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Why would you believe it? That's circular reasoning.
I believe the scriptures you don't. I know they tell me that Jesus Christ not themselves are the Word and Jesus Christ is the one WHOM we need to know for no other reason than to know God so that as he is so are we in the world. Knowing JAesus has got absolutely nothing to do with escaping hell or going to heaven, you are in heaven by knowing him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2018, 08:46 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,169,155 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Wrong again. I've seen this lie several times lately. No--I'm quite confident Jimmie doesn't believe the Bible is God, nor do I.


That's called a "straw man". It's easier to lie about what a person believes and then you can attack the lie instead of the actual belief.
In other words, you don’t believe jimmie’s own words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The Bible is Jesus Christ.
...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2018, 08:54 AM
 
5,948 posts, read 1,699,495 times
Reputation: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe the scriptures you don't.
At least until I bring up where it mentions hell, God hating sin, etc...right?
Quote:

I know they tell me that Jesus Christ not themselves are the Word and Jesus Christ is the one WHOM we need to know for no other reason than to know God so that as he is so are we in the world.
Scripture says that Jesus is the propitiation that turned away wrath. Do you believe that? Or do you not believe Scripture?
Quote:


Knowing JAesus has got absolutely nothing to do with escaping hell or going to heaven, you are in heaven by knowing him.
Yes, we should have a relationship with Jesus. But Jesus does save us from the wrath of God, as Scripture says. And as he told the thief on the cross, it's through him that we will be in paradise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2018, 09:12 AM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,103,465 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Assigning fallacies as doctrines is nothing more than a ploy of deception. It is a ludicrous notion that hardly needs to be addressed. Especially when the motives attribute to offenses upon the children of the Kingdom of Heaven.

So,
Mystic would you like to apply this same logic to the stages of a butterflies life?
Which is it that you believe.
]egg
]larvae
]pupa(chrysalis
]adult
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2018, 09:32 AM
 
Location: US
27,960 posts, read 15,050,737 times
Reputation: 1736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sadly, jimmie has you both on ignore, it seems, so he can’t learn anything from you.
How do you put people on ignore?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2018, 09:33 AM
Status: "Living rent-free in Mr. Wade’s head" (set 16 hours ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
16,347 posts, read 8,896,576 times
Reputation: 1653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Wrong again. I've seen this lie several times lately. No--I'm quite confident Jimmie doesn't believe the Bible is God, nor do I.


That's called a "straw man". It's easier to lie about what a person believes and then you can attack the lie instead of the actual belief.
What I have said is that the scriptures, the words of Christ, the Spirit all come from the same source, the Father, and therefore are in agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top