Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 10:26 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Their only excuse is to remain ignorant or make a change for the better.
Hoping for the latter to come quickly. As it has been expressed, “Thy Kingdom come.” . May the love of God rule in every heart. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 12:08 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Many Biblical authors bore false witness against God, attributing all sorts of evil things to God, apparently out of ignorance that God is Love. What is the excuse, now, of those who claim to know that God is love for continuing to propagate that ignorance?
cite the scripture to verify your claim.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What I am insinuating is that he must find another verse to support his commandment of not lying because that one has to do with telling untruths about your neighbor...
Yeshua replied to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me; because I came out from God; and now I have arrived here. I did not come on my own; he sent me. 43 Why don’t you understand what I’m saying? Because you can’t bear to listen to my message. 44 You belong to your father, Satan, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. From the start he was a murderer, and he has never stood by the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he is speaking in character; because he is a liar — indeed, the inventor of the lie!

A murderer, liar, and theif.
You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
14You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, his manservant, his maidservant, his ox, his donkey, or whatever belongs to your neighbor."

And the following reads something about covetousness?
So again i ask is it ok to lie otherwise?

Yes or no will suffice.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:19 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Spot on....

Old 10-16-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
cite the scripture to verify your claim.
You’ve read and studied the Bible as much as any of us have. If you don’t already know what things attributed to God by its authors contradict the description of love, then perhaps you don’t know what love is?

Old 10-16-2018, 12:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
You’ve read and studied the Bible as much as any of us have. If you don’t already know what things attributed to God by its authors contradict the description of love, then perhaps you don’t know what love is?
Many believe it's merely a feeling; and not the way of living or experiencing life more abundantly.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Many believe it's merely a feeling; and not the way of living or experiencing life more abundantly.
Yes, perhaps that is where the disconnect is.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
You keep examining the Tanakh because you think that in it you have eternal life. Those very Scriptures bear witness to me, 40 but you won’t come to me in order to have life!

41 “I don’t collect praise from men, 42 but I do know you people — I know that you have no love for God in you! 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you don’t accept me; if someone else comes in his own name, him you will accept. 44 How can you trust? You’re busy collecting praise from each other, instead of seeking praise from God only.

45 “But don’t think that it is I who will be your accuser before the Father. Do you know who will accuse you? Mosheh, the very one you have counted on! 46 For if you really believed Mosheh, you would believe me; because it was about me that he wrote. 47 But if you don’t believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

What i do recall is what Yeshua explicitly stated and if you had actually read Just His Words in red letter you would of not made such a claim.
Especially when there might be innocent people reading your post that quickly find a tare that cannot be removed. It is up to you to clean house and never speak evil of the Prophets.

If it is intentional and you do not wish to Know the Truth.
Then it is Hate of God that is binding you.

Last edited by pinacled; 10-16-2018 at 01:02 PM..

Old 10-16-2018, 01:42 PM

I don’t think you can see it any differently right now, pinacle. But I know you take joy in studying words in the Bible (nothing wrong with pursuing things that interest you) so perhaps you will study “love” at some point. May that bring you joy as well.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:49 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Many Biblical authors bore false witness against God, attributing all sorts of evil things to God, apparently out of ignorance that God is Love. What is the excuse, now, of those who claim to know that God is love for continuing to propagate that ignorance?
Quote:
Their only excuse is to remain ignorant or make a change for the better.
Quote:
Hoping for the latter to come quickly. As it has been expressed, “Thy Kingdom come.” . May the love of God rule in every heart. Amen.
Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity