U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Status: "Trump 2020-make liberals cry again" (set 4 days ago)

16,347 posts, read 8,892,691 times

Advertisements

Christians, what has the Spirit of God revealed to you that directly conflicts with scripture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 03:36 PM

25,787 posts, read 13,404,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Christians, what has the Spirit of God revealed to you that directly conflicts with scripture?

Reality.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:46 PM

3,671 posts, read 1,537,262 times
Good topic, not a conflicts, nor a contridiction of the Holy Scriptures, but an ERROR in rendering his Name in translation.

men are so bent on GIVING God a Personal Name till they translated/made up their own name for God.

example, in Exodus 6:2 God had a conversation with moses about his NAME. "And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD"

Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them".

ok, that's plain and stright forward. God said, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob knew him by "God Almighty". and clear as a bell, God said, "[/b], but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them"".

now God said that. so why is Abraham uning the Name JEHOVAH? Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen".

God said, " but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them".

that was revealed unto me. and it was for a reason why the Lord revealed that to me.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:48 PM

32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Quote:
Another fundy who thinks just because he can read he understands the scripture and thinks the bible is Jesus Christ.Further proof too, that fundamentalists at the very least equate God and the bible on equal pegging and believing in the bible is like believing in God......Believe the one it testifies of and know him in you is the fundamental message of the scriptures. What is the point in knowing Jesus Christ if all is required is beliefs about him or believe the right beliefs about him?. . Paul said i know whom i have believed - The fundy says i know what i believe in, thinking both are the same. The Spirit is not to teach you the bible it is to reveal Christ and the only way you can possibly know Christ is by knowing Christ in you, not by learning about him in the bible. I repeat Paul said i know in whom i have believed, not what i believe in.

Last edited by pcamps; 10-11-2018 at 04:03 PM..

Old 10-11-2018, 03:52 PM

8,101 posts, read 7,068,811 times
If the so call Holy Spirit revealed something that conflicts with scripture, than the spirit may be a demon spirit of confusion or a familiar spirit not of God , or that you may have been reading books which are false and confusion comes in ...... Also Holy Spirit will reveal ideas that are not in scripture directly, but which will be understanding which the spiritual gifts of Holy Spirit will work all the time , as Jesus said`` I have many thing to reveal to you but Holy Spirit with make these Known`` which are only for His gifts of the Spirit which Holy Spirit will perform through people with His gifts .....

Old 10-11-2018, 03:56 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,166,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Another fundy who thinks just because he can read he understands the scripture and thinks the bible is Jesus Christ.Further proof too, that fundamentalists at the very least equate God and the bible on equal pegging and believing in the bible is like believing in God......Believe the one it testifies of and know him in you is the fundamental message of the scriptures. What is the point in knowing Jesus Christ if all is required is beliefs about him or believe the right beliefs about him?. . Paul said i know whom i have believed - The fundy says i know what i believe in, thinking both are the same. The Spirit is not to teach you the bible it is to reveal Christ and the only way you can possibly know Christ is by knowing Christ in you. I repeat Paul said i know in whom i have believed, not what i believe in.
Sadly, jimmie has you both on ignore, it seems, so he can’t learn anything from you.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:58 PM

3,671 posts, read 1,537,262 times
Quote:
Another fundy who thinks just because he can read he understands the scripture and thinks the bible is Jesus Christ. What is knowing Jesus Christ if all is required is beliefs about him . Paul said i know whom i have believed - The fundy says i know what i believe in, thinking both are the same. The Spirit is not to teach you the bible it is to reveal Christ and the only way you can possibly know Christ is by knowing Christ in you. I repeat Paul said i know in whom i have believed, not what i believe in.
yes, the apostle said "I want to know him and the power of his resurrection", (Philippians 3:10).

you're correct pcamps, he must be revealed. and we seek him while he can be found, Isaiah 65:1 "I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.

Isaiah 65:2 "I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts".

I have, not yet, found any condridiction in the bible.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:02 PM

32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sadly, jimmie has you both on ignore, it seems, so he canít learn anything from you.
I know, but just like Finn Jarber he does read the posts.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:12 PM

5,937 posts, read 1,698,356 times
Quote:
None. Scripture is his word. He would not contradict himself.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:14 PM

5,937 posts, read 1,698,356 times
Quote:
Another fundy who thinks just because he can read he understands the scripture and thinks the bible is Jesus Christ.
That is complete and utter nonsense. You are flat out lying about Jimmy. I've never once seen him suggest that. Why are you so malicious as to outright lie about people?

Stop being so obnoxious and hateful. Just try to be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or