Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 02:38 PM

241 posts, read 94,996 times

Advertisements

excuse unedited cell phone grammar

jesus washed his diciples feet not only to illustrate his humility, but also to illustrate that we are here to ensure the greater good of our fellow human.

we are not here to ensure the greater good just for christians, but to all our fellow humans: jews, buddhist, hindus, blacks, gays, sinners(arent we all), conservatives, secularist, atheist and all others

it is interesting to note that the good samaritan didnt inquire to know the injured mans religious, socioeconomic or politcal status. he simply did this: the act of selflessly helping someone without seeking a recognition or monetary reward

the good samaritan's act was the love that jesus described as not being of the world

i dont convert or condemn as a christian; rather, i believe that making peace is a spiritual virtue

John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Mark 12:31 (KJV) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

i dont convert or condemn as a christian; rather, i believe in making peace with everybody.

John 13:5-9, 14 (KJV)
5 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet

Romans 12:18
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Romans 14:19
Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:41 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post

jesus washed his diciples feet not only to illustrate his humility, but also to illustrate that we are here to ensure the greater good of our fellow human.

we are not here to ensure the greater good just for christians, but to all our fellow humans: jews, buddhist, hindus, blacks, gays, sinners(arent we all), conservatives, secularist, atheist and all others

it is interesting to note that the good samaritan didnt inquire to know the injured mans religious, socioeconomic or politcal status. he simply did this: the act of selflessly helping someone without seeking a recognition or monetary reward

the good samaritan's act was the love that jesus described as not being of the world

i dont convert or condemn as a christian; rather, i believe that making peace is a spiritual virtue

John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Mark 12:31 (KJV) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

i dont convert or condemn as a christian; rather, i believe in making peace with everybody.

5 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet

Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Oh, we got a live one here. Now where did I put my big thumping Bible?

Old 10-17-2018, 03:57 PM

63,778 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
Jesus washed his disciple's feet not only to illustrate his humility but also to illustrate that we are here to ensure the greater good of our fellow human.
we are not here to ensure the greater good just for christians, but to all our fellow humans: jews, buddhist, hindus, blacks, gays, sinners(aren't we all), conservatives, secularist, atheist and all others
it is interesting to note that the good samaritan didn't inquire to know the injured mans religious, socioeconomic or political status. he simply did this: the act of selflessly helping someone without seeking a recognition or monetary reward
i don't convert or condemn as a christian; rather, i believe that making peace is a spiritual virtue

i don't convert or condemn as a christian; rather, i believe in making peace with everybody.

5 After that, he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

Let us, therefore, follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
It speaks well of your Spirit that you do not need to consider yourself special in God's eyes because of what you believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity