Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 05:12 AM

749 posts, read 481,643 times

Advertisements

I don't know very many Movie scenes of Heaven. I have seen the Robin Williams movie, ''What Dreams May Come.'' And that actually showed a lot of Heaven and Hell, I don't even think it's a religious movie. I just don't know that many other movies that show you Heaven in detail. Like what you do all day...

And when I search online, I just see pictures of clouds. Maybe a few pictures of New Jerusalem, but it looks so bland.. Just a golden city that looks like a ghost town. I want to see pictures that can show me in detail what it is like. I want movies too.

Because if Heaven is supposed to be more beautiful than Earth, why are most of the pictures so bland? Clouds? That's it? At least make it look like Disneyland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 05:30 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Fyi, "What Dreams May Come" was based on the Anthony Borgia writings of the messages from the Other Side from his friend that passed Father Benson...as I recall his grandfather was the Archbishop of
Canterbury. Reading those called Life in the Unseen World, free online might interest you.
This covers Benson's exp from his death bed and on...talk about what you do?
It covers so much. There is even more detaill in "More in the World Unseen"...it's a 3 story description.

Another movie made called "The Astral City: A Spiritual Journey", Netflix...based also on messages to Chico Xavier.

Another with Tim Hutton is "Made in Heaven".

Old 10-13-2018, 05:46 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
I don't know very many Movie scenes of Heaven. I have seen the Robin Williams movie, ''What Dreams May Come.'' And that actually showed a lot of Heaven and Hell, I don't even think it's a religious movie. I just don't know that many other movies that show you Heaven in detail. Like what you do all day...

And when I search online, I just see pictures of clouds. Maybe a few pictures of New Jerusalem, but it looks so bland.. Just a golden city that looks like a ghost town. I want to see pictures that can show me in detail what it is like. I want movies too.

Because if Heaven is supposed to be more beautiful than Earth, why are most of the pictures so bland? Clouds? That's it? At least make it look like Disneyland.
How can someone report on something they have not seen/witnessed?

One near death experiencer talked about the light and tranquility etc. but she also spoke of the landscape. flowers in particular...she stated the colors were like nothing she'd ever seen before and that they sang praises.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:11 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
How can someone report on something they have not seen/witnessed?

One near death experiencer talked about the light and tranquility etc. but she also spoke of the landscape. flowers in particular...she stated the colors were like nothing she'd ever seen before and that they sang praises.
Ha, and that was only a peek NDErs get...I call it the 'the front porch'...LOL. I've gotten that peek...Haha...I compared it to Toronto...funny how the mind works........(when I found my mother my mind said, "Well, she's as dead as a doornail.")...
everything is like crystal ...so clean and pristine, crisp...Aint no trash or even dust on the Other Side!

You should read what Father Benson says! Flowers, lakes, you come out of all dry...learning to travel with a thought...

Old 10-13-2018, 08:51 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Good topic.

Some times it takes an experience to find out the truth, only if one is not mature. what I mean is this. when growing up outside the city, we had a wood stove. and father told us don't touch the wood stove because it is hot. well you know what happen.... yes we touched the wood stove.

now much older and more mature, if some one say don't pick up a serpent , don't worry I want, especially the venomous KIND, don't have to tell me twice. don't have to give over to self experance here.

so, believe God Word, why one need a movie or a picture, take God word by "Faith". for without faith it's impossable to please him.

I wished I had the faith to trust my earthly father, but how much more now my Heavenly Father.

PICYJAG.

PS, Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children".

Old 10-14-2018, 07:32 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Almost no scripture on heaven....Paul was given a tour but told not to speak of it. Some think heaven is so glorious our minds can't handle it......

Old 10-14-2018, 07:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Almost no scripture on heaven....Paul was given a tour but told not to speak of it. Some think heaven is so glorious our minds can't handle it......
That is because one day we will wake up in his likeness...That is heaven, try telling bible believers this and they won't believe you.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:57 AM

1,183 posts, read 536,951 times
Quote:

According to Scripture, no one is in hell yet. Heaven can’t be imagined.

My own analogy is... picture what heaven is like is trying to think of a color you have never seen before.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Why aren't there many detailed pictures or movies of Heaven or Hell?
Larry David went to heaven in Curb Your Enthusiasm, but got kicked out after getting into an argument with an angel (Dustin Hoffman).

Old 10-15-2018, 06:59 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:

the movies ,such as the ones you've seen, does NOT show what Heaven or Hell actually looks like. because those who does NOT know Jehovah God and Jesus. will NOT have accurate knowledge of what's actually there. for hell, if Many would actually do research, they would know how a fiery place called "HELL" became a false teaching. the bible it self, show what "HELL", really is. and the book of Revelation, explained a vision of what John had seen concerning Heaven. also people need to understand that what they read from Revelation isn't mostly literal. such as (Rev. 22:1 "And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb"). there's NO actual "river of water" in Heaven, NO Spirit being needs anything to sustain their lives as humans do. peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity