U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 10:12 AM

6,893 posts, read 3,391,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
As long as you continue to spout dismissive crap like that you won't be taken seriously. It's offensive to tell others what to believe, and we will simply ignore you.

You are speaking for others again. As long as you dismiss what God wants from you, God will ignore you.

You need to work on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 10:14 AM

25,757 posts, read 13,399,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You are speaking for others again. As long as you dismiss what God wants from you, God will ignore you.

Careful, Ron. BFun is putting people on ignore now when they present him with inconvenient truths.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Careful, Ron. BFun is putting people on ignore now when they present him with inconvenient truths.

hahahahahahaha He is not my audience.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:18 AM

5,931 posts, read 1,697,435 times
Quote:

Weird how you tell me I'm speaking for others, but you think nothing of speaking for God, while ignoring what he's actually said. That's irony.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:19 AM

15,352 posts, read 12,114,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What is the difference between works of faith and works of the Law?
I didnt think you didn't know...but rather wanted to hear the defintion someone else had, no?

Old 10-15-2018, 10:33 AM

15,352 posts, read 12,114,801 times
Quote:
You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone (James 2.24).
I also believe faith is pretty useless if you don't "step up" and apply it....I could ask every Christian here:
Do you step up and do any "faith healing"?

If asked to go to the ICU and pray for someone dying in a coma on life support...would you drop everything, put your own reputation on the line and go over....
applying your faith?
Again, that's when the rubber hits the pavement.
Until a person takes some steps outside there comfort zone, filled with trepidations...it's all talk to me!
I can only imagine how God would veiw it...with parental kindness, I'm sure..impatience that there is more work to be
done on the peson's heart? Maybe.
I know Jesus got pretty impatient...esp after seeing Moses and Elijah ! Now that was some day!

Old 10-15-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Weird how you tell me I'm speaking for others, but you think nothing of speaking for God, while ignoring what he's actually said. That's irony.

We will ignore you. You said that. You do not speak for jimmie, or Choir, or Finn. Who is this we?

I do not speak for God. I do not use the we in speaking for God. I simply tell you what God expects of you.

You have a relationship with a book. Not the same as having a relationship with God.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:41 PM

16,256 posts, read 7,646,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What is the difference between works of faith and works of the Law?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
You don't know?
Yes, I do, but apparently YOU don't because you appear to equate them in your prior post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law (Romans 3.28).

You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone (James 2.24).

Old 10-15-2018, 01:48 PM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
You have a relationship with a book. Not the same as having a relationship with God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or