U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 12:46 PM

5,937 posts, read 1,698,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I would agree, yet are they not merely extreme fundamentalists?
Honestly? To me, it seems like a cult. It's all one big family. They have a few lawyers in the family that like to sue and make money off of stupid litigation. I don't believe their main goal is spiritual or religious in nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 01:15 PM

20,360 posts, read 9,819,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Honestly? To me, it seems like a cult. It's all one big family. They have a few lawyers in the family that like to sue and make money off of stupid litigation. I don't believe their main goal is spiritual or religious in nature.
And you may be right, but cults come in all sizes. So, what actually makes them a cult?
Is it because they believe the same thing or because they don't? Or, is it the way they act?

Old 10-16-2018, 01:36 PM

5,937 posts, read 1,698,356 times
Quote:
And you may be right, but cults come in all sizes. So, what actually makes them a cult?
Is it because they believe the same thing or because they don't? Or, is it the way they act?
The way they act, the fact that the money benefits the leaders, there is no accountability of leadership to anyone else. They have strange wackadoo beliefs.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:37 PM

241 posts, read 49,032 times
Quote:

when it comes to jesus, i usually talk about pacifism and forgiveness. i dont talk about religion with other people because i have nothimg to convert people too. i belief in seperation of church and state so i dont preach my religiom around. i do, however, tend to talk about forgiveness and pacifism, which are things that do not require one to adhere to religion. i found god personally; so i have nothing to convert anybody too. besides making dumb comments, i tend not to talk about religion with strangers. some seek god for philosphic answers; while others find god in a personal way

Old 10-16-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
when it comes to jesus, i usually talk about pacifism and forgiveness. i dont talk about religion with other people because i have nothing to convert people too. i believe in separation of church and state so i dont preach my religion around. i do, however, tend to talk about forgiveness and pacifism, which are things that do not require one to adhere to religion. i found god personally; so i have nothing to convert anybody too. besides making dumb comments, i tend not to talk about religion with strangers. some seek god for philosophic answers; while others find god in a personal way
I am not a pacifist and believe that we can stand-up; and liberate or free the oppressed. Freedom of Religion also carries the connotation of Freedom from Religion as well. So, I do not have a problem with the separation of Church and State. And I do not preach at people on the street, but I will join the conversation or respond - if someone brings up the topic, but I do try to stay out of politics.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The way they act, the fact that the money benefits the leaders, there is no accountability of leadership to anyone else. They have strange wackadoo beliefs.
I would agree that actions always speak louder than words.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:29 PM

10,544 posts, read 2,692,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yeah, and it did happen, in Rome, almost 2000 years ago.

Westboro Baptist is hated and despised because of what they do that is NOT Christian.
Its the same thing though...Westboro baptist believe they are doing what God intended, the hatred, the despising, persecution, it would be the exact same, if a group was standing up for something that IS christian.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:56 PM

25,781 posts, read 13,404,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its the same thing though...Westboro baptist believe they are doing what God intended, the hatred, the despising, persecution, it would be the exact same, if a group was standing up for something that IS christian.

The simple fact is there are all kinds of Christians and some of them are disgusting people.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:00 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,102,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The simple fact is there are all kinds of Christians and some of them are disgusting people.
“Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

Ears, Eyes, hands, feet

Old 10-19-2018, 11:40 AM

10,544 posts, read 2,692,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yes, but according to God, the ones that are especially hated/despised by the secular world...are the ones who are most closely following his laws/or doing what he intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity