U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 03:22 PM

14,837 posts, read 4,976,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
My nominee for Dumbest Thread of the Year.
Dude is trying to save your life and you mock? Yup, just like the days of Noah, you are going to look so silly when Hurricane Gabrial comes all the way into Canada to take you out and I aint talkin about no date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 03:40 PM

3,977 posts, read 1,116,597 times
Do you mean Hurricane Gabriel?

Old 10-13-2018, 04:17 PM

11,190 posts, read 11,003,902 times
Quote:
But, there is so much competition, and there is a lot of time left in the year.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:24 PM

32,228 posts, read 21,115,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The judgements keep coming, getting worse and worse. Also, is it merely a coincidence that God's warrior archangel is named Michael? Michael is the chief of all angels and Hurricane Michael was veracious and devastating.

Revelation 12
[7] And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon [satan]; and the dragon fought and his angels,
[8] And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

Now dead fish are floating ashore in Florida just like the plagues in Moses' day when God executed judgement on the wicked nation of Egypt.

"The Red Tide algae bloom that was floating offshore in recent weeks, giving Pinellas County’s beaches a bit of relief from the waves of dead fish and irritating odors in the air, has returned. Gusts of wind spun off from Hurricane Michael apparently pushed it back close to Florida’s Gulf coast shore.

John’s Pass, Madeira Beach, Redington Beach, Redington Shores and Indian Rocks Beach all had high concentrations of the algae when tested Wednesday, said Kelli Hammer Levy, director of Pinellas’ environmental management division.

"Pretty much every beach has been impacted by dead fish this morning," Levy said Thursday. "We’ve got a lot of cleanup to do today."

https://www.tampabay.com/news/enviro...****_172565460
Let me ask you , when things go South in YOUR LIFE, is that your god's judgement on you?. I'm talking about anything in your experience that is not comely.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:54 PM

20,412 posts, read 9,834,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Let me ask you , when things go South in YOUR LIFE, is that your god's judgement on you?.
I'm talking about anything in your experience that is not comely.
He gets a holy spanking!

Old 10-14-2018, 05:11 AM

27,985 posts, read 15,062,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He gets a holy spanking!

OMG!...That is THE exact paddle that my elementary school principle had in his office...

Old 10-14-2018, 05:49 AM

32,228 posts, read 21,115,456 times
Quote:
Don't mess with this evil god they'll be a horses head in your bed otherwise.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:36 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,869,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Actually, according to Daniel 10:13, Michael is one of the chief princes.
"Of all the angels God created, only three high-ranking angels are mentioned by name in the Bible: Lucifer, Michael and Gabriel. (Abaddon and Apollyon, Hebrew and Greek names meaning Destruction and Destroyer in Revelation 9:11, are believed to be additional names for Lucifer.)

Lucifer is described by the prophet Isaiah as falling from heaven (Isaiah 14:12; Ezekiel 28:16) and Jesus attests to the fall of this evil spirit (Luke 10:18). Lucifer is now called Satan, a name meaning “adversary” (Revelation 12:9; Strong’s Lexicon).

Gabriel is depicted as a messenger angel, bringing important announcements to the servants of God (Daniel 8:16; 9:21; Luke 1:11-19; 26). Please see our article “Archangel Gabriel” to learn more about the role of this angel. See the article “Angels” to learn more about the purpose for these spirit beings.

Michael is the only other high-ranking angel mentioned in the Bible, being identified by name five times. Michael is a personal name, meaning, “Who is like God” (Holman Bible Dictionary, “Michael”).

Michael is also the only angel specifically called an archangel in the Bible (Jude 1:9). The word archangel comes from the Greek word archaggelos, which means “archangel” or “chief of the angels” (Strong’s Lexicon)."

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophec...the-archangel/

Quote:
Sometimes a storm is just a storm. We are in hurricane season and when conditions are right some pretty powerful hurricanes can form. And Florida, as well as the rest of the US east coast, happens to be in the path of many of these storms.
For you to say that, you're obviously not in tune with the signs of the times and God's way of dealing with man's disobedience. The birth pains are on full display and getting closer and closer together -- and more and more intense -- as the Birth approaches.

Matthew 24
[3] And as he [Jesus] sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
[4] And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
[5] For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
[6] And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
[7] For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
[8] All these are the beginning of sorrows.
[9] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
[10] And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
[11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
[12] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
[13] But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
[14] And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:58 AM

11,190 posts, read 11,003,902 times
Would we even be having this conversation if the powers that name storms had used Max, Marvin, Mitch, Miles, or Mario in this year's list of storm names instead of Michael?

Old 10-14-2018, 07:06 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,869,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Would we even be having this conversation if the powers that name storms had used Max, Marvin, Mitch, Miles, or Mario in this year's list of storm names instead of Michael?
A hurricane of this magnitude, along with all else that is going on nowadays, would still be very notable as it pertains to Bible prophesy. The fact that the hurricane was named Michael adds a new dimension of interest to Bible believers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or