Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 07:43 AM

1,146 posts, read 640,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The judgements keep coming, getting worse and worse. Also, is it merely a coincidence that God's warrior archangel is named Michael? Michael is the chief of all angels and Hurricane Michael was veracious and devastating.

Revelation 12
[7] And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon [satan]; and the dragon fought and his angels,
[8] And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

Now dead fish are floating ashore in Florida just like the plagues in Moses' day when God executed judgement on the wicked nation of Egypt.

"The Red Tide algae bloom that was floating offshore in recent weeks, giving Pinellas County’s beaches a bit of relief from the waves of dead fish and irritating odors in the air, has returned. Gusts of wind spun off from Hurricane Michael apparently pushed it back close to Florida’s Gulf coast shore.

John’s Pass, Madeira Beach, Redington Beach, Redington Shores and Indian Rocks Beach all had high concentrations of the algae when tested Wednesday, said Kelli Hammer Levy, director of Pinellas’ environmental management division.

"Pretty much every beach has been impacted by dead fish this morning," Levy said Thursday. "We’ve got a lot of cleanup to do today."

https://www.tampabay.com/news/enviro...****_172565460
I read the words of some who cry coincidence.

Such persons are like the fools who refused to leave their homes in the face of cat 4 Hurricane Michael. They deserved their fate. Other folk were not so foolish. Stupidity is not a virtue and they knew enough to pay attention to warnings and act in the face of danger. Fools always resist good advice. Death and permanent loss is their reward. I wouldn't wish such a thing on a dog, but they seem to welcome it - even unto challenging the Master of Universe. (Never a good idea.)

Last year, when hurricane Irma approached, my wife and I obeyed authorities who told us to evacuate. It is better to lose a home than a life. But fools believe they know more than anyone. Those that remain are advised by authorities to wear toe tags so their dead bodies can be identified when the storm has passed. (*)

Anyone who has even a modicum of memory in their skulls can recall that throughout the entire year of 2018 the United States has been hit by constant and continuous disasters of every sort.

According to NBC news, levels of disastrous damage in the United States have averaged higher than one billion dollars a month. That particular statement was made in mid-summer before continuing fires volcanic eruptions and a series of tornadoes and hurricanes struck our communities and our homes. The average level of damage has risen considerably since that time.

The landfall of Hurricane Michael wasn't the result of college kids celebrating spring break on Florida beaches. It's the direct result of a country and a people who have collectively turned their backs upon God and told Him to leave us alone. Levels of sin and debauchery and licentiousness even in our churches is grievous to God and man alike. America is proud of the fascist police state we've created and we think our own wisdom will save us.

Not so many years ago, we might have seen one terrible hurricane strike every ten years or so. In recent memory we're getting hit by two or three a year. This is NOT a coincidence, especially for those of us who live and work in the path of these terrible storms or in places where monster fires or tornadoes ruin communities wholesale.

Listen to the news oh ye fools who think all this is coincidence. If you won't heed the Bible's warning, then watch the news. Have you not heard people interviewed on camera when they say that over the course of decades they've never seen anything like the tribulation that has come upon them? Are you blind and deaf? These events are not coincidental.

We shall all of us see more disasters and horrible events until and unless we repent and turn again to God who alone can save us. If we continue in our sins and justify ourselves with stubborn foolishness our entire country may be ruined to the point it cannot recover.

It is time to repent of our sins and to humble ourselves before God who alone is able to deliver us from future horrors.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
(*) I wish to bear testimony here that God was merciful to us during Hurricane Irma. While many lost their homes, ours was not damaged at all. Roofs were blown away and a huge oak tree was uprooted by the wind only a few yards away from our house. The screens in our windows weren't even torn. Praise God for His mercy unto us.

Last edited by Choir Loft; 10-15-2018 at 08:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 07:56 AM

76,946 posts, read 47,255,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Last year, when hurricane Irma approached, my wife and I obeyed authorities who told us to evacuate. It is better to lose a home than a life. But fools believe they know more than anyone. Those that remain are advised by authorities to wear toe tags so their dead bodies can be identified when the storm has passed.
During Irma, my neighbors evacuated from Ft Lauderdale to Ft Myers (on west coast of FL). Guess where the storm hit? Yep, it hit Ft Myers. Other people left for Jacksonville, and it took them 20 hrs to get there, and then they were stuck there for a week. Its easy to call people fools, but the truth is that many don't take the warnings seriously anymore when every storm is always described as "worst ever", and when they arrive its practically a non-event. Some others simply can't leave.

As for 2018 in general, it was not a bad year. One person hurt his foot in the slow-motion volcanic eruption in Hawaii, so it hardly counts as a judgment from God.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:59 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,582,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
I read the words of some who cry coincidence.

Such persons are like the fools who refused to leave their homes in the face of a cat 4 hurricane. They deserved their fate. Other folk are not so foolish. Stupidity is not a virtue and they know enough to pay attention to warnings and act in the face of danger.

Last year, when hurricane Irma approached, my wife and I obeyed authorities who told us to evacuate. It is better to lose a home than a life. But fools believe they know more than anyone. Those that remain are advised by authorities to wear toe tags so their dead bodies can be identified when the storm has passed. (*)

Anyone who has even a modicum of memory in their skulls can recall that throughout the entire year of 2018 the United States has been hit by constant and continuous disasters of every sort.

According to NBC news, levels of disastrous damage in the United States have averaged higher than one billion dollars a month. That particular statement was made in mid-summer before continuing fires volcanic eruptions and a series of tornadoes and hurricanes struck our communities and our homes. The average level of damage has risen considerably since that time.

The landfall of Hurricane Michael wasn't the result of college kids celebrating spring break on Florida beaches. It's the direct result of a country and a people who have collectively turned their backs upon God and told Him to leave us alone. Levels of sin and debauchery and licentiousness even in our churches is grievous to God and man alike. America is proud of the fascist police state we've created and we think our own wisdom will save us. Not so many years ago, we might see one terrible hurricane strike every ten years or so. In recent memory we're getting hit by two or three a year. This is NOT a coincidence, especially for those of us who live and work in the path of these terrible storms or in places where monster fires or tornadoes ruin communities wholesale.

We all all see more disasters and horrible events until and unless we repent and turn again to God who can save us.

It is time to repent of our sins and to humble ourselves before God who alone is able to deliver us from future horrors.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
(*) I wish to bear testimony here that God was merciful to us during Hurricane Irma. While many lost their homes, ours was not damaged at all. Roofs were blown away and a huge oak tree was uprooted by the wind only a few yards away from our house. The screens in our windows weren't even torn. Praise God for His mercy unto us.

People do not evacuate because they do not have the means to evacuate. No money, no transportation and cannot afford to lose a paycheck if they are in another state and their job remains open.
None of them deserve their fate.

Your arrogance is astounding. You brag about how your home was unaffected while others lost theirs.

Stop hollering and sit down.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:09 AM

18,840 posts, read 6,850,632 times
This nonsense is what gives the antis ammo to attack the faith. Seriously. Please just stop it.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
This nonsense is what gives the antis ammo to attack the faith. Seriously. Please just stop it.

Choir Loft and the OP disagree with you. They believe the storm was God's judgement.

Finn believes God in fact has done terrible weather events to punish.

Are they attacking your faith? If you believe this you might take it up with the mods.

It should be impossible to attack your faith. You are capable of attacking mine.

Why is that?

Old 10-15-2018, 10:01 AM

18,840 posts, read 6,850,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Choir Loft and the OP disagree with you. They believe the storm was God's judgement.

Obviously, he has. But to definitively state that the appearance of dead fish appearing, then using numerology and omens to suggest that this is God judging America is crazy.
Quote:

Are they attacking your faith? If you believe this you might take it up with the mods.

It should be impossible to attack your faith. You are capable of attacking mine.

Why is that?
My concern is people like you that are constantly mocking and attacking. You and others here have made a habit of looking at loony posts and assuming we're all that way. I find that to be sad.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
If this is in reference to me saying there are such examples in the Bible, then yes.

Noah's flood for example.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Obviously, he has. But to definitively state that the appearance of dead fish appearing, then using numerology and omens to suggest that this is God judging America is crazy.

My concern is people like you that are constantly mocking and attacking. You and others here have made a habit of looking at loony posts and assuming we're all that way. I find that to be sad.

Oh.. I get it. You want to take the lead in what other Christians believe . You should take it up with those Christians you disagree with.

You can't bring yourself to attack them, so you choose me as your weapon. I will have none of this.
If you think your fellow Christians are crazy, then tell them. Correct them. Start a conversation with them. Be brave.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If this is in reference to me saying there are such examples in the Bible, then yes.

Exactly. The OP and Choirloft believe these things are God's judgement.

BaptistFundie thinks they are crazy. Of course he will not tell them directly he thinks they are crazy.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Quote:
Exactly. The OP and Choirloft believe these things are God's judgement.

BaptistFundie thinks they are crazy. Of course he will not tell them directly he thinks they are crazy.
No, not 'exactly'. While there are historical examples in the Bible, the OP and Choirloft are saying the current hurricanes etc are a part of Biblical prophecy, and many posters are disagreeing with that.

There is no need to call people crazy if they disagree with you. Can't you just say you disagree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity