U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-15-2018, 05:46 PM
 
Location: minnesota
6,348 posts, read 2,126,123 times
Reputation: 2171

Advertisements

Hey Sum Tingy. Don't worry about it. I grew up around self professed elect and there are quite a few I've run into on here. Not one of them has ever been able to answer to me in a way that doesn't sound totally narcissistic as to why they are elect... Except you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2018, 05:47 PM
 
954 posts, read 242,614 times
Reputation: 289
Very interesting posts. I have been called spoiled child, self righteous, and self important. I belive in segregation, accused of writing offensive posts, and claimin its stupid. All these accusations and name calling posted simply because I don’t follow their thought or action.


Progressive thought and progressive religion(Universalism) really are the same thread. They goosestep through society, shouting down or silencing those that they disagree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2018, 05:56 PM
 
Location: minnesota
6,348 posts, read 2,126,123 times
Reputation: 2171
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Very interesting posts. I have been called spoiled child, self righteous, and self important. I belive in segregation, accused of writing offensive posts, and claimin its stupid. All these accusations and name calling posted simply because I don’t follow their thought or action.


Progressive thought and progressive religion(Universalism) really are the same thread. They goosestep through society, shouting down or silencing those that they disagree with.
They just haven't taken the time to get to know your position. You're not those things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2018, 05:57 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,964 posts, read 22,131,923 times
Reputation: 10705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Very interesting posts. I have been called spoiled child, self righteous, and self important. I belive in segregation, accused of writing offensive posts, and claimin its stupid. All these accusations and name calling posted simply because I don’t follow their thought or action.
When you say you believe in segregation, are you speaking of racial segregation or of something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2018, 05:58 PM
 
Location: minnesota
6,348 posts, read 2,126,123 times
Reputation: 2171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
When you say you believe in segregation, are you speaking of racial segregation or of something else?
I think he's speaking of what he has been accused of. Why don't you ask him how he knows he's elect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2018, 05:59 PM
 
40,090 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Same to you, because no one needs to hear that more than you three.
But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2018, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Florida
63,082 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Reputation: 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Very interesting posts. I have been called spoiled child, self righteous, and self important. I belive in segregation, accused of writing offensive posts, and claimin its stupid. All these accusations and name calling posted simply because I don’t follow their thought or action.

Progressive thought and progressive religion(Universalism) really are the same thread. They goosestep through society, shouting down or silencing those that they disagree with.
Exactly. Shout down and insult everyone who doesn't agree. One starts and the others are quick to give the thumbs-up, or even amen. Same thing on every thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2018, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Florida
63,082 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Reputation: 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I think he's speaking of what he has been accused of. Why don't you ask him how he knows he's elect?
This is how you know (see below). It is not a special club, since everyone is invited. Some refuse it, as explained in the parable of the wedding feast.

John 3:5 “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2018, 06:08 PM
 
Location: minnesota
6,348 posts, read 2,126,123 times
Reputation: 2171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is how you know (see below). It is not a special club, since everyone is invited. Some refuse it, as explained in the parable of the wedding feast.

John 3:5 “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
No, that's not the answer. You can't answer it because you're a wanna be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2018, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Florida
63,082 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Reputation: 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
No, that's not the answer. You can't answer it because you're a wanna be.
I just answered it. Sorry. And yes, it is the correct answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top