U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 07:28 PM

21,958 posts, read 22,104,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He has already answered that in his opening post.
I guess you're saying that he believes in segregation along the lines of the "elect" versus "everybody else"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 07:28 PM

63,008 posts, read 34,311,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
For the curious: The above are the oft-mentioned Magic Words To Jesus. Thanks Finny, for illustrating them for us so plainly.

Fundamentalist Christians - a small, late entry to the sub-sects of Christianity, originating in the US of A in the late 19th and early 20th century - believe one can say those words and be a totally crappy human being for the rest of their lives and still get a ringside seat in heaven right beside Jaysus upon expelling their last, foul breath.
I never met anyone who believes saying those words does anything.

Quote:
Is it any wonder it attracts the ignorant, the uneducated, the intellectually-deficient, and narcissists?
Not sure you are in position to insult others and call them ignorant when you just demonstrated your own ignorance.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:29 PM

2,186 posts, read 790,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because it IS! Imagine, the one Almighty God over all Reality considers you special over everyone who does not agree with you and your religious dogma. Riiiiiiiight! How does anyone get to be so self-righteous and self-important????
Welcome to indoctrinated religion.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:29 PM

21,958 posts, read 22,104,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I think he's speaking of what he has been accused of. Why don't you ask him how he knows he's elect?
Okay, so SumTingy, how do you know you're elect? And, while you're at it, how do you know I'm not?

Old 10-15-2018, 07:34 PM

20,360 posts, read 9,819,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe you, jerwade and pcamps can open a thread where you can complain about other posters, and misrepresent their views as opposed to doing it separately on every thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Maybe you should simply quit complaining and accusing everyone who does not support your opinions that they are angry. Your antics on this forum for someone professing to be a christian are cringe worthy.
He has a tantrum every time something doesn't go his way.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:35 PM

2,186 posts, read 790,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Because it excludes them, and people would rather slam you than look in the mirror. People generally take the path of least resistance, and looking in the mirror provides a lot of resistance. Blaming you and your beliefs is much easier.
He and you are really no different than the suicide bomber whose eyes glaze over thinking about his 72 virgins just before he pushes the button. What makes you think you are anymore aware of your god than he of his?

Old 10-15-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I guess you're saying that he believes in segregation along the lines of the "elect" versus "everybody else"?
It's his way or no way which causes the separation and division among believers.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The guy with the wrong clothes thought that too. The parable has got absolutely nothing to do with heaven.
But it has everything to do with being a fundamentalist.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:44 PM

25,783 posts, read 13,404,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I never met anyone who believes saying those words does anything.

I have. And I'm pretty sure you're forgetting about a few.

Quote:
Not sure you are in position to insult others and call them ignorant when you just demonstrated your own ignorance.

I'm quite sure I'm in the position to insult fundies. And you just demonstrated you are one. Not that there was any doubt.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:56 PM

63,008 posts, read 34,311,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I have. And I'm pretty sure you're forgetting about a few. I'm quite sure I'm in the position to insult fundies. And you just demonstrated you are one. Not that there was any doubt.
You tried to explain what you thought "fundamentalists" believe, and if you are correct, then I could not possibly be one. I do not believe what you described, and nor have I ever met anyone who does.

I do not know whose views you think you are explaining, but they sure aren't mine, the evangelical community view, or mainline Christian, nor liberal Christians.

You are only making yourself look foolish trying to insult others when you have no idea what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity