U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 02:45 PM

941 posts, read 627,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Good post. Too soon.

However, JWs and other end-times sects are not in the least interested in facts, as long as they have their "holy" book and those 7 old dudes in NY who keep changing their predictions.
Prediction = what someone thinks will happen and not a divine revelation. I agree with that

Holy book? yes its called the Bible. Some people believe its inspired others don't

Not interested in facts? JWs like most people are aware of what's happening in their communities and around the world. We have breakthroughs in science and technology. That's a fact. We live in a world of hypersonic weapons, fanatics blowing up innocents, talk of militarizing space and an ever divided world socially, politically, and economically. Those are also facts. Some people wonder where we are headed. Is there hope? Yes. Will the world be destroyed? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 08:33 PM

4,697 posts, read 1,223,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post

So here's my question. What weird psychology is at work with you people, that every disaster is a sign that the Apocalypse is coming?
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU USED HIS WORDS CORRECTLY.

An apocalypse (Ancient Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis, from ἀπό and καλύπτω, literally meaning "an uncovering"[1]) is a disclosure of knowledge or revelation. In religious and occult concepts it is usually a disclosure of something hidden, "a vision of heavenly secrets that can make sense of earthly realities".[2] Historically, the term has a heavy religious connotation as commonly seen in the prophetic revelations of eschatology and were obtained through dreams or spiritual visions.

THE APOCOLYPSE IS NOT THE DISASTERS AND HIS WRATH REVEALED IN THE UNVEILING OF THE PROPHETIC APOCOLYPSE (HIS REVEALING) AND OF "HIS REVELATION"! THE REVELATION OF WHO JESUS IS.
THE WHOLE BOOK IS ABOUT JESUS NOT ABOUT A DISASTER.

MAYBE BECAUSE OF" YOU PEOPLE" AND FOLKS LIKE " YOU PEOPLE" WHO THINK YOU UNDERSTAND BOTH THE QUESTIONS AND THE ANSWERS BEFORE YOU ASK IT !
YET YOU ARE JUST MORE CONFUSED THAN THE REST..
YOU ARE USING A TERM FROM A WORLDLY DEFINITION WHICH DOES NOT HAVE A CORRECT WORLDLY DEFINITION, IT HAS NO ROOT IN A WORLDY CONCEPT EITHER! ANS HIS CHURCH JUST A GUILTY AS " YOU PEOPLE" !!
JUST BECAUSE MORE THAN A FEW GOOFY MOVIE MAKERS DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE WORD EITHER.
DOES NOT GIVE " YOU PEOPLE" THE RIGHT TO USE IT HOWEVER YOU WISH TOO.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:58 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,110,169 times
Quote:
So. On Facebook this morning. Acquaintance mentions hurricane Michael in Florida and a 7.2 earthquake in New Guinea happening in the same week. To her, that's a sign that the Apocalypse is at hand.

So I did what any rational, even marginally curious person would do. I looked up on the USGS earthquake database and found -- lo and behold -- that earthquakes of that magnitude are pretty much a monthly occurrence somewhere in the world. And hurricanes, of course, make landfall like clockwork every summer and fall in the Western Hemisphere.

And yet, despite the absolute frequency of these events since time immemorial, every hurricane, earthquake, volcano eruption, tsunami, F5 twister, and landslide is seen as an omen of the impending End of Days. I mean, one loopy person referred to separate hailstorms that hit a Colorado zoo and a French vineyard as proof. Outside of some birds at the zoo and some grapevines, nobody died on those. Yet, that's a sign that a wrathful God is about to wreak vengeance on a sinful humanity.

But if you look backwards in history, we've seen much worse. World War II. The Spanish Influenza. Heck, the Black Plague killed off 25-33% of humanity. 850,000 people died in a 1556 earthquake in China. The list goes on and on. Europe imploded after the Roman Empire collapsed. In other words, we've seen far worse.

So here's my question. What weird psychology is at work with you people, that every disaster is a sign that the Apocalypse is coming?
Heheh
Face hook.

I thought they were already caught desiminating lies and also caught selling users personal information.
Not smart advertising that platform here.
I highly doubt citydata staff is ignorant enough to allow that sort of hot link.
Guilty by association would bankrupt this servor before they had a chance to recover from the first hit.

As for the rest of your post.
I have no idea how to even respond except to say.

Read the Holy Scriptures

Old 10-22-2018, 12:31 PM

14,876 posts, read 4,985,692 times
Quote:
Don't have far to go now. This is my front yard.

Well I oughtta!

Damn my eyes, just go ahead and flaunt your paradise, don't worry about me, Houston is filled with bayous, yeah, I can build a dock of my own on the bayou. Why would you do that to me you freak? Don't you care about my feelings at all? To covet is a great sin, and here you are as Satan tempting me to sin. Your name is going in the book now, soon as I find my crimson crayon and that is the worst color I got.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:08 PM

25,862 posts, read 13,440,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Well I oughtta!

Damn my eyes, just go ahead and flaunt your paradise, don't worry about me, Houston is filled with bayous, yeah, I can build a dock of my own on the bayou. Why would you do that to me you freak? Don't you care about my feelings at all? To covet is a great sin, and here you are as Satan tempting me to sin. Your name is going in the book now, soon as I find my crimson crayon and that is the worst color I got.

Ok. You can visit.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:48 PM

5,478 posts, read 2,313,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Heheh
Face hook.

I thought they were already caught desiminating lies and also caught selling users personal information.
Not smart advertising that platform here.
I highly doubt citydata staff is ignorant enough to allow that sort of hot link.
Guilty by association would bankrupt this servor before they had a chance to recover from the first hit.

As for the rest of your post.
I have no idea how to even respond except to say.

Read the Holy Scriptures

Because you really don't have an answer?

Old 10-23-2018, 05:55 PM

Location: Where rhotic consonants are either absent or intrusive
8,903 posts, read 5,245,451 times
Quote:
Don't have far to go now. This is my front yard.

Sweet fancy Moses, that is breathtaking!! Sadly, my current view is the building across from mine. And if I squint real hard, I might catch a glimpse of the 59th Street bridge. My refuge is the little wildlife preserve at my workplace, where I can lunch amongst the chipmunks.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 10-23-2018 at 06:08 PM..

Old 10-23-2018, 06:07 PM

954 posts, read 242,907 times
Quote:
So. On Facebook this morning. Acquaintance mentions hurricane Michael in Florida and a 7.2 earthquake in New Guinea happening in the same week. To her, that's a sign that the Apocalypse is at hand.

So I did what any rational, even marginally curious person would do. I looked up on the USGS earthquake database and found -- lo and behold -- that earthquakes of that magnitude are pretty much a monthly occurrence somewhere in the world. And hurricanes, of course, make landfall like clockwork every summer and fall in the Western Hemisphere.

And yet, despite the absolute frequency of these events since time immemorial, every hurricane, earthquake, volcano eruption, tsunami, F5 twister, and landslide is seen as an omen of the impending End of Days. I mean, one loopy person referred to separate hailstorms that hit a Colorado zoo and a French vineyard as proof. Outside of some birds at the zoo and some grapevines, nobody died on those. Yet, that's a sign that a wrathful God is about to wreak vengeance on a sinful humanity.

But if you look backwards in history, we've seen much worse. World War II. The Spanish Influenza. Heck, the Black Plague killed off 25-33% of humanity. 850,000 people died in a 1556 earthquake in China. The list goes on and on. Europe imploded after the Roman Empire collapsed. In other words, we've seen far worse.

You people? Isn’t ‘you people’ racist, Fascists, sexist, homophobe, xenophobe, transgenderphobe? Shame on you.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:25 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,110,169 times
Quote:
Because you really don't have an answer?
Are you sure you want an Honest reply from me.
Or would you rather assume that water container on your shoulder is not flammable.

Or
If you would like to consider something for a moment.

What has the o.p. asked for?

Old 10-23-2018, 06:51 PM

954 posts, read 242,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Are you sure you want an Honest reply from me.
Or would you rather assume that water container on your shoulder is not flammable.

Or
If you would like to consider something for a moment.

What has the o.p. asked for?
I prophesize that the signs of the OP is not asking a question but making a statement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity