Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 08:04 PM

241 posts, read 94,996 times

Advertisements

excuse unedited cell phone grammar

although some claim that the last three decades resemble max webers theorized iron cage, i cannot really say that the modern world is that rationally desensitized, for there are* several major moral insitutions that have* retained influence throughout america as well as abroad.

the editorial was rather bleak, painting a portrait of a capitalist future where humans are regarded as animals

while i am objectively informed about current events, i do not worry about the inevitables or hypotheticals, for i cannot* practiclly prevent* the inevitables that will most likely occur.

unlike most people, i never put serious emphasis on politics because i can only vote for the most decent ethical person who is not seeking a post private sector postion after public service.

sure, i understand that people want a more ideal future that practically works for the liberty of all individuals

after all, john locke(1632-1704) and jean rousseau(1712-1788) ideas influenced thomas jefferson to create the declaration of independence.

it is interesting to note that john locke and jean rousseau ideas that were the basis for the declaration of indepeendence derived during times when people seeked many of the same reforms that modern people seek today

practically speaking, there are many things that will likely hinder many peoples ideals of reform

* therefore, i do not put much emphasis or worry in regards to the future of politics and society

as a spiritual person, i do not consider myself a soceital discontent that delusionally expects political change that will advance* individual liberty.

jesus is accounted for saying this:

John 14:26-27 (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:46 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
excuse unedited cell phone grammar

although some claim that the last three decades resemble max webers theorized iron cage, i cannot really say that the modern world is that rationally desensitized, for there are* several major moral insitutions that have* retained influence throughout america as well as abroad.

the editorial was rather bleak, painting a portrait of a capitalist future where humans are regarded as animals

while i am objectively informed about current events, i do not worry about the inevitables or hypotheticals, for i cannot* practiclly prevent* the inevitables that will most likely occur.

unlike most people, i never put serious emphasis on politics because i can only vote for the most decent ethical person who is not seeking a post private sector postion after public service.

sure, i understand that people want a more ideal future that practically works for the liberty of all individuals

after all, john locke(1632-1704) and jean rousseau(1712-1788) ideas influenced thomas jefferson to create the declaration of independence.

it is interesting to note that john locke and jean rousseau ideas that were the basis for the declaration of indepeendence derived during times when people seeked many of the same reforms that modern people seek today

practically speaking, there are many things that will likely hinder many peoples ideals of reform

* therefore, i do not put much emphasis or worry in regards to the future of politics and society

as a spiritual person, i do not consider myself a soceital discontent that delusionally expects political change that will advance* individual liberty.

jesus is accounted for saying this:

John 14:26-27 (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Too many people who are persuaded of the liberal political point of view deny God, except perhaps as a sort of theoretical decoration in their rhetoric. They appeal to the love of God without acknowledging His righteousness as revealed in His Law.

Too many people who are persuaded of the conservative political point of view expect God to agree with their purposes and answer their political prayers. They appeal to God as some sort of spiritual vending machine - inserting a prayer and expecting a prize. They appeal to the love of God without acknowledging His righteousness as revealed in His Law.

"what we are really looking for seems to be "a God without wrath who took Man without sin into a kingdom without righteousness through the ministrations of a Christ without a cross." - Reinhold Niebuhr

What would Jesus do?

The truth is that nobody, liberal or conservative, cares what Jesus would do - politically. When asked about such things Jesus replied, "Who made me a judge or arbiter over you?" - Luke 12:14

What would Jesus do?

"Christ does not vindicate a race or a nation. It is the sovereignty of God which is vindicated." - Reinhold Niebuhr

Jesus DID NOT "support the troops".
He DID NOT pledge allegiance to Caesar.
He DID NOT salute Roman flags and standards.

Jesus acted like a foreign tourist in His own country. He paid the legal taxes and He obeyed civil Law. That's it and that's all. Jesus NEVER supports political agenda. It is the duty of man to support God's agenda instead.

"In the United States many churches display the American flag. The Christian flag is usually put on one side and the American flag on the other. Does having two flags in your church mean that Christianity and the American establishment are equal? If it does, you are really in trouble." - Francis Schaeffer

I submit that the attitude is worse than Schaeffer suggests. According to flag etiquette the American flag is displayed to its own right. All other symbols icons and flags are subservient to it and placed to its left. This means that even the cross of Christ or displays of the Bible or the pulpit itself is of less importance than the government of the United States.

The First Commandment is to give 100% allegiance to God.

There is not so much as 1% left over for political alliances and allegiances. Anything less than 100% devotion to God alone is blaspheme, yet our churches bow to the powers of government and political correctness rather than the power of heaven......and then hypocritically wonder why so much trouble now afflicts us.

"If an American is concerned only about his nation, he will not be concerned about the peoples of Asia, Africa, or South America. Is this not why nations engage in the madness of war without the slightest sense of penitence? Is this not why the murder of a citizen of your own nation is a crime, but the murder of citizens of another nation in war is an act of heroic virtue? " - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Our nation wages indiscriminate war, invades nations with impunity and visits death and destruction upon those who have not wounded us.

Shall God not punish? Shall God not avenge wickedness? Shall God not set a standard for right living by nations as well as individuals? He has, but we have deliberately ignored it. Americans, one and all, believe they are an exceptional nation too big to fall.

Pride goes before a fall and humility, which alone can save us, has been abandoned like some corny lesson taught to children.

It is time to repent of our sin and wickedness. "Gott Mit Uns" was a phrase published on posters of Adolph Hitler giving the Nazi salute. Translated it says, "God With Us". History proved God was not with Germany. But Americans did not learn the lesson of history and believe God is now with us instead. God does not vindicate nations. God vindicates the Kingdom of Heaven.

God will NOT bless America because America has turned its collective back upon heaven and its Law. God is NOT with us because we proudly believe we don't need Him. Judgment is upon us even as these words are being written. Monstrous destruction has visited us constantly and continually in 2018. More than one billion dollars' worth of destruction has visited us each month (source: NBC news June 2018). Will America pay attention and wake up? We will not.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

In our blindness we speak and act as though we are our own gods. We most certainly are not and we shall see terrible judgments visited upon us as a consequence. The time to repent of sin and licentiousness is now.

The only prayer God will hear from sinners is the prayer of repentance. It is time to speak this prayer.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Last edited by Choir Loft; 10-16-2018 at 07:00 AM..

Old 10-16-2018, 07:38 AM

16,662 posts, read 15,654,903 times
This isn't the Current Events forum, nor is it the Politics forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity