U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 07:42 AM

241 posts, read 49,947 times

Advertisements

excuse unedited cell phone gramnar

believe it or not, i was once a very skeptical agnostic who thought religion was propagated by people who wore magical uniforms to live a handsome, affluent tax free life

i even thought some religions were really death cults that were secretly masquerading behind elaborate facades of morality.

it was not until i had a personal epiphany that not only objectively convinced me that there was a god, but that god nature is in fact peaceful and understanding.

as an agnostic, i was not sure if god was objectively or practically tangible in regards to science and the prevalent problems of the modern world.

even though science remains objectively unsure, i did not use that to condone my new acceptence of a creator, for i cannot say that god exist because asteroids may have delivered water to earth.

i was an agnostic with humanistic inclinations that regarded john locke and john rousseau as noble thinkers

i was an agnostic because i wasnt sure objectively su if god could exist in such a desensitized world that is adherant to the whims and decisions of spineless people who can

note: people who are atheist and agnostic are not only moral, but are quite proficient advocates of liberties and human rights

though i am no intellectual, i once had the notion that a creator was not only implausible in a desenitized world of elites, but was impossible due to the dilemmas that the earth was experiencing

my beliefs changed, however, when i had a personal epiphany that turned me to jesus and spirituality

i believed in pacifism when i was an agnostic

when i became a spiritual professing christ follower, i was surprised to rediscover that jesus also advocated pacifism.

i was raised catholic but i stopped adhereing in adolesence because of the hypocrisy of the people who went to church.

despite my spirituality, i am practically down to earth regarding world affairs and events.

but as a believer of christ, i believe that jesus challenged us to spiritually overcome the world as he did 2000 yrs ago.

the world contains obstacles that challenge our will to choose either light or darkness

as the devil enticed jesus with a career opporunitty to rule kingdoms, i believe that darkness is often an easy entice that strays the sheep away from their spiritual path

it is interesting to note that we are fallible and imperfect so an individual must be weary of the easy darkness that entices us with opportunities to desensiize our souls

jesus taught the pharisees not ot judge people based on physical standards of perfection. for in these verses, jesus illustrates that we are not only imperfect, but that we shouldnt judge self righteously

in the bible, jesus states:

Matthew 11:18-19 (KJV)
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or