U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 05:42 PM

954 posts, read 242,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The 102 guide on how to control people is “Insults and Threats”, apparently.
And silencing truths. There is a distinct group of liars and cowards. They mock and ridicule the Faith and then scurry away like a bug. They give themselves titles in order to be perceived as important. They are beneath contempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 05:46 PM

32,225 posts, read 21,104,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Revelation 21:8

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
Friends of yours?.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:01 PM

25,810 posts, read 13,413,199 times
Quote:
And silencing truths. There is a distinct group of liars and cowards. They mock and ridicule the Faith and then scurry away like a bug. They give themselves titles in order to be perceived as important. They are beneath contempt.

And narcissists are blinded by their own light. Like that guy with the thing on his head. And like you.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:01 AM

4,343 posts, read 1,356,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
If people think it's hard being a tattooed Christian, they ought to try being a tattooed LDS Christian, like Al Fox Carraway. In this article, she talks about her first day in Provo, Utah, having just arrived in the state from New York, newly baptized LDS with arms covered by tattooes. When I read how she responded to criticism about her appearance from total strangers in a restaurant, the first thing I thought was, "What a strong, confident young woman!" (Actually, that was the second thing I thought; the very first thing I thought was about the a-hole whose comments prompted her wonderful response. I would not have been so nice myself.)

People can be such jerks.

I experience that nearly every single day being trans and Christian.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:16 AM

21,959 posts, read 22,113,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I don't doubt that for a minute and I can't tell you how sorry I am. It's nice to see you again, by the way. I hope you've been well!

Old 10-20-2018, 11:58 AM

954 posts, read 242,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Could you point me to where the Bible says that this is the case?
Christians may be a bit apprehensive to post replies to you. Remember when I asked a simple question about your LDS faith and the afterlife? You responded with a personal experience and I believe I said thanks. Wham! Banned and removed for bringing up a Mormon subject.

So, how do you feel about that? No Bible believing Christian cannot ask or respond to you about anything unless it is vanilla and generic?

Last edited by SumTingy; 10-20-2018 at 12:08 PM..

Old 10-20-2018, 12:23 PM

20,389 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Quote:
Christians may be a bit apprehensive to post replies to you. Remember when I asked a simple question about your LDS faith and the afterlife? You responded with a personal experience and I believe I said thanks. Wham! Banned and removed for bringing up a Mormon subject.

So, how do you feel about that? No Bible believing Christian cannot ask or respond to you about anything unless it is vanilla and generic?
If you practice having etiquette, you are less likely to offend or annoy people when asking or responding to a question.

In other words, showing respect (instead of wham-bam thank you ma'am while exalting yourself) will go a long way.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:00 PM

21,959 posts, read 22,113,760 times
Quote:
Nobody should feel apprehensive about interacting with me here on City-Data, and I don't believe most people are. I don't actually recall the incident you mentioned, but I can assure you, it wasn't the fact that you asked me a question on Mormonism that your post was edited/removed. I have no idea why it would have been because I am not a moderator. If you feel that one of the moderators was being unfair to you, perhaps you should send them a direct message to clear things up.

Quote:
I feel that, for the most part, the staff do a good job here. I know I've reported posts that I felt absolutely certain violated the forum rules and nothing has been done to edit them or delete them. I was left to wonder why. In the end, it's their call. Sometimes I'll feel that they've made the right decision. Other times, I feel strongly that they haven't. It more or less all evens out in the end, I think.

You probably already know that it's against the forum rules for someone to say that any self-professing Christian is "not a real Christian" or to declare certain denominations to be "non-Christian" when they describe themselves as Christian. That's a rule that is frequently broken around here and the staff is quick to edit posts that break this rule.

I'm always very willing to discuss my beliefs. The problem is that sometimes, if I post my beliefs about a doctrinal issue on a thread about that specific issue, someone will respond by saying something like, "Well, you just believe that because you're a Mormon! You also believe [such and such] which is not Christian doctrine at all." Before you know it, the thread has been completely hijacked and has gone down an entirely different path than the OP intended. If it ever appears that I brush off questions about my beliefs, it is because I can sense that this is about to happen. I have a real "thing" about threads staying on topic and when a thread devolves into a discussion on every aspect of Mormonism just because I put in my two cents worth in addressing the OP, I don't like it. I would much prefer that if people have a question about a specific LDS doctrine (unrelated to the OP of the thread they're posting on), they simply start a new thread to discuss it.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:01 PM

21,093 posts, read 23,907,294 times
Quote:

it is not bringing up Mormon topics that gets one banned, it is ridiculing and insinuating they are false tha gets one banned and laughed at.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:07 PM

21,093 posts, read 23,907,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
going to paraphrase the evangelical response here---

God is using geekigurl's testimony to CONDEMN the HATERS and BIGOTS of this world with their own evangelical words and prevent evangelicals from having ANY excuse for their twisted and demonic opinions.

Carry on geekigurl and PLEASE do not be absent for such long periods of time.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity