Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 09:11 AM

241 posts, read 95,088 times

Advertisements

unlike previous generational groups, both generation-y and generarion-z have been described as the most celibate or sexless generation in recent decades.

to clarify, i am not inferring that this is soley because of spiritual or religious influences, or that this is influenced due to politcal and socetial scandals

what is your opinion of the generational shift towards abstinence and celibacy, and do you think that this may be due to health concerns or other factors

what is your view of celibacy in regards to your religion, secular or spiritual adherence

as a person who adheres to celibacy, i was wondering what your opinion was in regards to your christianity, secularism or spirituality

here are articles:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-a7167946.html

Millennials are having less sex than any generation in 60 years. Here’s why it matters.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Other people's sex lives, or lack thereof, is of no interest to me.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:18 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Other people's sex lives, or lack thereof, is of no interest to me.
I'll see you and raise you a Hundred.

I have enough concern with my own sex life. I have no time or interest in the sex lives of others. Nor is it really any of my business.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:08 AM

well, the only reason that i was inquiring was because many religions practice celibacy. i have read that many denominational christians, jews, hindus, buddhists, and new age adherers also practice celibacy. like prayer, celibacy is practiced by many religions, faiths and spirituAlitias. the generational abstinence is not only socially interesting, but is interesting in regards to the many faiths that adhere to the celibacy practice.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:10 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
well, the only reason that i was inquiring was because many religions practice celibacy. i have read that many denominational christians, jews, hindus, buddhists, and new age adherers practice celibacy. like prayer, celibacy is practiced by many religions, faiths spirituAlities.

I'm sure they do a LOT of practicing by themselves....

Old 10-17-2018, 10:15 AM

they may.... of course, i wouldnt want to personally encroach on ones rights and personal space to know. i am not one who l meddles because id rather not know

Old 10-19-2018, 07:18 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times
Good topic, but was this not foretold by the Holy Spirit, the Lord Jesus?. scripture,

1 Timothy 4:1 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1 Timothy 4:2 "Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1 Timothy 4:3 "Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

(THERE IS THE ANSWER).

1 Timothy 4:4 "For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

(ANOTHER TABOO LAID TO REST, FOOD AND DIET).

1 Timothy 4:5 "For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

people need to read their bibles, instead of reading men. hear them out, but be a Berea,

Acts 17:11 "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so".

PICYJAG.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:51 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
And then there are a few who were shown that HE makes covenants, that He alone has the right, and they make of themselves "eunuchs" for His name's sake, until He decides to bring covenant. Most people think that they can't overcome what they consider to be "the way we were made", but what it really is, is a spirit of lust, and is quite easily overcome and cast out just like any other unclean spirit is, through the blood of the covenant and His name. Blessings....

Old 10-19-2018, 03:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And then there are a few who were shown that HE makes covenants, that He alone has the right, and they make of themselves "eunuchs" for His name's sake, until He decides to bring covenant. Most people think that they can't overcome what they consider to be "the way we were made", but what it really is, is a spirit of lust, and is quite easily overcome and cast out just like any other unclean spirit is, through the blood of the covenant and His name. Blessings....
There is nothing unclean about intimacy and sex.
We are both physical and spiritual living beings.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:13 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There is nothing unclean about intimacy and sex.
We are both physical and spiritual living beings.

I'm talking about a higher way in God, Jerwade. It exists whether most men think it does or not....Blessings....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity