U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 12:12 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,105,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

No, I can not imagine the pain Yeshua felt in any betrayal of him.

That's how I see it.
if not imagine.
What about empathize with or relate to such a pain?
What in your life has been the most painful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 12:14 PM

14,818 posts, read 4,970,941 times
Good dancing song for sure, dang, remember the nights I danced all night long? Yeah, it's been a long time since those days but at least I got to dance with my daughter so much, she is also a natural born dancer aw, good times, good times. '' Dancin All Night Long.''

Old 10-19-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says?

For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.

These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants.
- One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.
- But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written:

“Be glad, barren woman,
you who never bore a child;
shout for joy and cry aloud,
you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband.”

Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise.

At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now.

But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

- Galatians 4:21-31

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Amen
thankyou, choir loft

Old 10-19-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not a parable, but nevertheless a great truth....Do not Judge anything before its time. This takes a lot of practise in the art of self discipline, because we are all prone to judging.
have you ever heard or read of any parables?
they are somewhat similar to riddles.

Hearken, my people, to my instruction, extend your ear to the words of my mouth. אמַשְׂכִּ֗יל לְאָ֫סָ֥ף הַֽאֲזִ֣ינָה עַ֖מִּי תּֽוֹרָתִ֑י הַטּ֥וּ אָ֜זְנְכֶ֗ם לְאִמְרֵי־פִֽי:
I shall open my mouth with a parable; I shall express riddles from time immemorial. באֶפְתְּחָ֣ה בְמָשָׁ֣ל פִּ֑י אַבִּ֥יעָה חִ֜יד֗וֹת מִנִּי־קֶֽדֶם:

Old 10-19-2018, 12:28 PM

14,818 posts, read 4,970,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says?

For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.

These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants.
- One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.
- But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written:

“Be glad, barren woman,
you who never bore a child;
shout for joy and cry aloud,
you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband.”

Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise.

At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now.

But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

- Galatians 4:21-31

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Understand that you are of the seed of Ishmael and Isaac, and there is a law for both sons that you are, but how do suppose that you can get rid of the slave woman and her son if you don't recognise that he is within you? Galatians is not telling you to get rid of the law, it is telling and showing you what you are.

How do you get rid of the slave woman and her son?

What part of you houses the son of the slave woman, and what part of you represents the slave woman?

Old 10-19-2018, 01:48 PM

32,225 posts, read 21,107,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
have you ever heard or read of any parables?
they are somewhat similar to riddles.

Hearken, my people, to my instruction, extend your ear to the words of my mouth. אמַשְׂכִּ֗יל לְאָ֫סָ֥ף הַֽאֲזִ֣ינָה עַ֖מִּי תּֽוֹרָתִ֑י הַטּ֥וּ אָ֜זְנְכֶ֗ם לְאִמְרֵי־פִֽי:
I shall open my mouth with a parable; I shall express riddles from time immemorial. באֶפְתְּחָ֣ה בְמָשָׁ֣ל פִּ֑י אַבִּ֥יעָה חִ֜יד֗וֹת מִנִּי־קֶֽדֶם:
Riddles that had life within them, all you had or have to do is be willing to let go of a world of beliefs to gain understanding of them, especially in this day and age where they are sugar coated with bible fundamentalism and passed off to be messages of a literal heaven and hell. They were not a bunch of nonsense.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:11 PM

9,280 posts, read 3,151,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I still wonder if anyone has heard a parable that may ring a few bells in the spirit of self discipline and discernment.

The one that immediately comes to mind for me is the parable of the wheat and the tares, since it's about deliverance from the tares, and it takes discerning of spirits from the Lord to go through it, and the self discipline to want to go through it in the first place. Blessings....

Old 10-19-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The one that immediately comes to mind for me is the parable of the wheat and the tares, since it's about deliverance from the tares, and it takes discerning of spirits from the Lord to go through it, and the self discipline to want to go through it in the first place. Blessings....
Very true,
Thankyou, R.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:11 PM

https://www.chabad.org/library/artic...n-and-Cows.htm

https://www.thejc.com/judaism/jewish-words/tam-1.8092

Last edited by pinacled; 10-19-2018 at 06:26 PM..

Old 10-20-2018, 07:49 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,220,642 times
[quote=pinacled;53408856]
Quote:
Do you know what it feels like to have a spouse betray you.
Yes PIN I do.
Quote:
Someone you have given your heart
yes sir..

Quote:
and promise to only to find she could care less if a man would lay down his life for her.
I don't think I was her.. I love both of my 'men'.. with all my heart. EVEN TO THE POINT OF SELF ..??????.............( FILL IN WHATEVER WORD YOU PLEASE!)

Quote:
I doubt many women these days have the slightest clue about what flows through the heart of man.
Then the enemy attempts to convince them that there is evil to the son of man.
( "SON OF MEN"? OR "THE SON OF MAN" ?) SO I WILL GIVE AN ANSWER FOR BOTH..
(TO THE "SON OF MAN" COMMENT )NO it is probably pain, WELL IT LOOKS LIKE PAIN ANYWAY "A MAN OF PAIN ACQUAINTED WITH GRIEF" FOR JUST TOO LONG MAYBE ?. or being in too many peoples heads for WAY WAY too long... but can pain can
ANYONE TO strike out and cause deviation too? YES,
NOW DOES HE HAVE THAT RIGHT? YES..IT IS ALL HIS !

IS IT PLANNED TO LOOK THAT WAY ? MAYBE COULD BE PLANNED TO LOOK LIKE IT IS PAIN?
BUT IT SURE HAS LOOKED LIKE PAIN.

maybe with him ONLY !!!
DO WE KNOW!!!!! IT ends better than it does with first Adam's( SON OF MEN) lashing out in whatever it is THAT CAN CAUSES THAT IN THEM , maybe pain? MAYBE JUST THEIR OLD REBEL SOULS?
BUT WE HAVE TO LOVE THEM ALL WITH ALL OUR HEARTS..
AND THAT IS A REAL WOMAN THING!

Quote:
Bless the Lord Yeshua.
ALWAYS!
BUT I LOVE BOTH! WE JUST DO!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 10-20-2018 at 08:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or