Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 07:25 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Devarim(deuteronomy 25

If there is a quarrel between men, and they approach the tribunal, and they [the judges] judge them, and they acquit the innocent one and condemn the guilty one אכִּי־יִֽהְיֶ֥ה רִיב֙ בֵּ֣ין אֲנָשִׁ֔ים וְנִגְּשׁ֥וּ אֶל־הַמִּשְׁפָּ֖ט וּשְׁפָט֑וּם וְהִצְדִּ֨יקוּ֙ אֶת־הַצַּדִּ֔יק וְהִרְשִׁ֖יעוּ אֶת־הָֽרָשָֽׁע:

2 and it shall be, if the guilty one has incurred [the penalty of] lashes, that the judge shall make him lean over and flog him in front of him, commensurate with his crime, in number. בוְהָיָ֛ה אִם־בִּ֥ן הַכּ֖וֹת הָֽרָשָׁ֑ע וְהִפִּיל֤וֹ הַשֹּׁפֵט֙ וְהִכָּ֣הוּ לְפָנָ֔יו כְּדֵ֥י רִשְׁעָת֖וֹ בְּמִסְפָּֽר:

3 He shall flog him with forty [lashes]; he shall not exceed, lest he give him a much more severe flogging than these [forty lashes], and your brother will be degraded before your eyes. גאַרְבָּעִ֥ים יַכֶּ֖נּוּ לֹ֣א יֹסִ֑יף פֶּן־יֹסִ֨יף לְהַכֹּת֤וֹ עַל־אֵ֨לֶּה֙ מַכָּ֣ה רַבָּ֔ה וְנִקְלָ֥ה אָחִ֖יךָ לְעֵינֶֽיךָ:

4 You shall not muzzle an ox when it is threshing [the grain]. דלֹֽא־תַחְסֹ֥ם שׁ֖וֹר בְּדִישֽׁוֹ:

Sheer and Benign,
I was wondering if anyone here would be so kind as to help me Understand a little more about the Fruits of self discipline and discernment.
Perhaps if someone would be so kind as to expound on This with scripture.
Thankyou to all who also would like to contribute with their personal perspective also.

Blessings Always.
If anyone else would like to share something they are more than welcome to.

I wonder if anyone has ever heard a parable that relates to their heart?

Now that would be a gift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 11:02 PM

Has everyone gone to bed?
If so,
Sweet dreams in looking forward to tomorrow.

Personally I will look forward to my friend the tender dreamer to visit with words of comfort.

She is so fair a woman when she speaks. And when she does. I give thanks for such keeness of sight.
When she asked for virtue I failed. When she asked for strength I was weak and ashamed that I wasn't there to protect her heart.
If only she were to have been made from a better man the pain would of been lesser than it is now.

Just thinking outloud.

12 oxen and 7 trows is what caught my attention when the promised good soil was made.
Then there is the yr with an extra month that reminds me of fine linen.

Has anyone reading here ever considered the altar and a gift.?
How many bells are heard in the parable of the laborer who was forgiven.

Blessed be He that is, was, and is to come.

Old 10-18-2018, 11:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
The Christian’s or believer’s role is not to stand against the world, but to be a witness of his love and mercy.

Old 10-18-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Christian’s or believer’s role is not to stand against the world, but to be a witness of his love and mercy.
3s and 4s are the way of the King.
Tell me sir what is written on His Thigh?

Has such a mystery escaped your grasp?
Or have you forgotten that it isn't so much about what is said when seeking the Kingdom.

Jerwade
Tell you a secret.
Look west when you are ready and you will see His day.

Blessings Always

Old 10-18-2018, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Devarim(deuteronomy 25

If there is a quarrel between men, and they approach the tribunal, and they [the judges] judge them, and they acquit the innocent one and condemn the guilty one אכִּי־יִֽהְיֶ֥ה רִיב֙ בֵּ֣ין אֲנָשִׁ֔ים וְנִגְּשׁ֥וּ אֶל־הַמִּשְׁפָּ֖ט וּשְׁפָט֑וּם וְהִצְדִּ֨יקוּ֙ אֶת־הַצַּדִּ֔יק וְהִרְשִׁ֖יעוּ אֶת־הָֽרָשָֽׁע:

2 and it shall be, if the guilty one has incurred [the penalty of] lashes, that the judge shall make him lean over and flog him in front of him, commensurate with his crime, in number. בוְהָיָ֛ה אִם־בִּ֥ן הַכּ֖וֹת הָֽרָשָׁ֑ע וְהִפִּיל֤וֹ הַשֹּׁפֵט֙ וְהִכָּ֣הוּ לְפָנָ֔יו כְּדֵ֥י רִשְׁעָת֖וֹ בְּמִסְפָּֽר:

3 He shall flog him with forty [lashes]; he shall not exceed, lest he give him a much more severe flogging than these [forty lashes], and your brother will be degraded before your eyes. גאַרְבָּעִ֥ים יַכֶּ֖נּוּ לֹ֣א יֹסִ֑יף פֶּן־יֹסִ֨יף לְהַכֹּת֤וֹ עַל־אֵ֨לֶּה֙ מַכָּ֣ה רַבָּ֔ה וְנִקְלָ֥ה אָחִ֖יךָ לְעֵינֶֽיךָ:

4 You shall not muzzle an ox when it is threshing [the grain]. דלֹֽא־תַחְסֹ֥ם שׁ֖וֹר בְּדִישֽׁוֹ:

Sheer and Benign,
I was wondering if anyone here would be so kind as to help me Understand a little more about the Fruits of self discipline and discernment.
Thankyou to all who also would like to contribute with their personal perspective also.

Blessings Always.
Are there any younglings brave enough to share.
If not .
Guess ill have to spend less time here.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:02 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,827 times
Quote:
Devarim(deuteronomy 25

Sheer and Benign,

Blessings Always.
Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says?

For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.

These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants.
- One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.
- But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written:

“Be glad, barren woman,
you who never bore a child;
shout for joy and cry aloud,
you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband.”

Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise.

At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now.

But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

- Galatians 4:21-31

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 10-19-2018 at 07:10 AM..

Old 10-19-2018, 07:06 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
GINOLJC, to all.

Quote:
[color="Blue"][b]
Sheer and Benign,

Blessings Always.

so, why are you calling people out?

"Are there any younglings brave enough to share.
If not .
Guess ill have to spend less time here
".

you asked for help in understanding the verse or it's context,

PICYJAG.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:29 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Ouch,
Can you imagine the pain Yeshua felt in knowing who would betray him?
Pin, pin, pin, the man with the heart of a poet.

No, I can not imagine the pain Yeshua felt in any betrayal of him. Why? Because he was not like any other man.
Not that he didn"t feel the whole range of human feelings, mind you, but because he was wise beyond words.
He knew the hearts and weaknesses of his group...just as a mother knows no matter how many times
she tells her child ..."No, do not spoil your dinner with those cookies."....he always will ...over and over.

Yeshua loved in a way that was not the known natural love, he didn't understand with a natural heart, and he didn't forgive
with what we know of forgiveness.. No.
His love and his understand and his forgiveness was Divine....supernatural from our Father.
He was imbued with the qualities and nature of our Father.

Just as he knew the past of the woman at the well, he saw into the hearts and weaknesses of those around him.
He knew the scenario that had to take place to fulfill his mission.

There was nothing to forgive from the beginning...it was the plan...he was counting on it...and
his love never changed for Judas, nor for Peter, no matter their many weakneses.

Our perspective must be a tad higher then your average bear to understand
the mind and heart of the Father and His son.

That's how I see it.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:33 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
The fruits of discipline and discernement?

Have you ever been on a Merry-go-round and reached for the prize?

The fruit is you get Him...you find Him...funny thing is , it's not truly 'you' that reaches and grabs
the Prize...it is Him that actually grabs you.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:42 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Pin, pin, pin, the man with the heart of a poet.

No, I can not imagine the pain Yeshua felt in any betrayal of him. Why? Because he was not like any other man.
Not that he didn"t feel the whole range of human feelings, mind you, but because he was wise beyond words.
He knew the hearts and weaknesses of his group...just as a mother knows no matter how many times
she tells her child ..."No, do not spoil your dinner with those cookies."....he always will ...over and over.

Yeshua loved in a way that was not the known natural love, he didn't understand with a natural heart, and he didn't forgive
with what we know of forgiveness.. No.
His love and his understand and his forgiveness was Divine....supernatural from our Father.
He was imbued with the qualities and nature of our Father.

Just as he knew the past of the woman at the well, he saw into the hearts and weaknesses of those around him.
He knew the scenario that had to take place to fulfill his mission.

There was nothing to forgive from the beginning...it was the plan...he was counting on it...and
his love never changed for Judas, nor for Peter, no matter their many weakneses.

Our perspective must be a tad higher then your average bear to understand
the mind and heart of the Father and His son.

That's how I see it.

Gotta say you're on target there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity