Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 08:43 AM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says?

For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.

These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants.
- One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.
- But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written:

“Be glad, barren woman,
you who never bore a child;
shout for joy and cry aloud,
you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband.”

Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise.

At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now.

But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

- Galatians 4:21-31

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
1 Corinthians 9.9. Is it oxen that God is concerned with? Isn't he speaking on our behalf? YES! IT is written FOR US, Well not you, but the laws of oxen are written for us to know what the law was saying to us. To those people who want to know the true meaning of the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 09:45 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,724,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
A strength in forgiveness
Amen.

I imagine ole Samson of The tribe of Dan having his patience tested. Something that shouldn't have been done to a man who fought for yhdh.

Such pain of losing a wife and child because of a father in law has to be the most painful thing ever.
Ouch,
Can you imagine the pain Yeshua felt in knowing who would betray him?
HERE IS SOME INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT JESUS AND THE REST OF THE STORY..

5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6 But there is a place where someone has testified: “What is mankind that you are mindful of them, a son of man that you care for him? 7 You made them a little lower than the angels; you crowned them with glory and honor 8 and put everything under their feet.”In putting everything under them, God left nothing that is not subject to them. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them. 9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. 10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. 12 He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.” 13 And again, “I will put my trust in him.”And again he says, “Here am I, and the children God has given me.” 14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

HIS DEATH NOT REALLY ATTRIBUTED TO THE ONE BECAUSE HE WASN'T REALLY BETRAYED, HE LAID DOWN HIS LIFE. SO GOD WOULD RAISE HIM UP AND HE COULD OVERCOME DEATH FOR US.. AND MOSTLY WE COUDL THEN WITH HIS HELP OVERCOME THE FEAR OF DEATH FOR US.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:07 AM

Every new ager and anti-biblical, the anti-old testament 'god' types WHO MAKE THEIR OWN kind of "good" GODS...
Those 'love' of their own ideas of A good god and not those of his own ideas of who he is. They do not use his words and that is how you know them...
Because their concepts of a good god are not from him.
But they spend all their time on this list fighting and fighting.

Trying to overcome their fear of death and everything that will come after it.
They do not trust Him.. Or even do they trust in their own made-up kind "god of love" either!
He never promised to save anyone's flesh folks.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:55 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
1 Corinthians 9.9. Is it oxen that God is concerned with? Isn't he speaking on our behalf? YES! IT is written FOR US, Well not you, but the laws of oxen are written for us to know what the law was saying to us. To those people who want to know the true meaning of the law.

ALL of the Torah was written with a spiritual meaning to us, the heirs of salvation. Torah meaning instructions, that should be obvious, but somehow it isn't due to the constant referral I guess of it being translated "law". Blessings....

Old 10-19-2018, 11:01 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post

5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6 But there is a place where someone has testified: “What is mankind that you are mindful of them, a son of man that you care for him? 7 You made them a little lower than the angels; you crowned them with glory and honor 8 and put everything under their feet.”In putting everything under them, God left nothing that is not subject to them. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them. 9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. 10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. 12 He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.” 13 And again, “I will put my trust in him.”And again he says, “Here am I, and the children God has given me.” 14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

HIS DEATH NOT REALLY ATTRIBUTED TO THE ONE BECAUSE HE WASN'T REALLY BETRAYED, HE LAID DOWN HIS LIFE. SO GOD WOULD RAISE HIM UP AND HE COULD OVERCOME DEATH FOR US.. AND MOSTLY WE COUDL THEN WITH HIS HELP OVERCOME THE FEAR OF DEATH FOR US.

Amen What we as humans are in bondage to all of our lives, is the fear of dying to self.....the body dies, but that's not who you are, that what you are in. The true terror comes from totally being "no more", no sense of self because it's got to be totally surrendered so He can live. Experience that for even a few seconds and it's terrifying, like going into complete non-existance. Which is, of course, why the scriptures say all is vanity and someone said it would have been better if he had never been born. Blessings....

Old 10-19-2018, 11:34 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
The fruits of discipline and discernement?

Have you ever been on a Merry-go-round and reached for the prize?

The fruit is you get Him...you find Him...funny thing is , it's not truly 'you' that reaches and grabs
the Prize...it is Him that actually grabs you.
yes, i suppose so.
who hasnt enjoyed naming the wind while walking with the Lord

Old 10-19-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post

Do you know what it feels like to have a spouse betray you.
Someone you have given your heart and promise to only to find she could care less if a man would lay down his life for her.
I doubt many women these days have the slightest clue about what flows through the heart of man.
Then the enemy attempts to convince them that there is evil to the son of man.

Well,
I know that what the Lord has done by His spirit and power is a difficult thing to understand.

Bless the Lord Yeshua.

Old 10-19-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Devarim(deuteronomy 25

If there is a quarrel between men, and they approach the tribunal, and they [the judges] judge them, and they acquit the innocent one and condemn the guilty one אכִּי־יִֽהְיֶ֥ה רִיב֙ בֵּ֣ין אֲנָשִׁ֔ים וְנִגְּשׁ֥וּ אֶל־הַמִּשְׁפָּ֖ט וּשְׁפָט֑וּם וְהִצְדִּ֨יקוּ֙ אֶת־הַצַּדִּ֔יק וְהִרְשִׁ֖יעוּ אֶת־הָֽרָשָֽׁע:

2 and it shall be, if the guilty one has incurred [the penalty of] lashes, that the judge shall make him lean over and flog him in front of him, commensurate with his crime, in number. בוְהָיָ֛ה אִם־בִּ֥ן הַכּ֖וֹת הָֽרָשָׁ֑ע וְהִפִּיל֤וֹ הַשֹּׁפֵט֙ וְהִכָּ֣הוּ לְפָנָ֔יו כְּדֵ֥י רִשְׁעָת֖וֹ בְּמִסְפָּֽר:

3 He shall flog him with forty [lashes]; he shall not exceed, lest he give him a much more severe flogging than these [forty lashes], and your brother will be degraded before your eyes. גאַרְבָּעִ֥ים יַכֶּ֖נּוּ לֹ֣א יֹסִ֑יף פֶּן־יֹסִ֨יף לְהַכֹּת֤וֹ עַל־אֵ֨לֶּה֙ מַכָּ֣ה רַבָּ֔ה וְנִקְלָ֥ה אָחִ֖יךָ לְעֵינֶֽיךָ:

4 You shall not muzzle an ox when it is threshing [the grain]. דלֹֽא־תַחְסֹ֥ם שׁ֖וֹר בְּדִישֽׁוֹ:

Sheer and Benign,
I was wondering if anyone here would be so kind as to help me Understand a little more about the Fruits of self discipline and discernment.
Perhaps if someone would be so kind as to expound on This with scripture.
Thankyou to all who also would like to contribute with their personal perspective also.

Blessings Always.
I still wonder if anyone has heard a parable that may ring a few bells in the spirit of self discipline and discernment.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
I still wonder if anyone has heard a parable that may ring a few bells in the spirit of self discipline and discernment.
Not a parable, but nevertheless a great truth....Do not Judge anything before its time. This takes a lot of practise in the art of self discipline, because we are all prone to judging.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Has everyone gone to bed?
If so,
Sweet dreams in looking forward to tomorrow.

Personally I will look forward to my friend the tender dreamer to visit with words of comfort.

She is so fair a woman when she speaks. And when she does. I give thanks for such keeness of sight.
When she asked for virtue I failed. When she asked for strength I was weak and ashamed that I wasn't there to protect her heart.
If only she were to have been made from a better man the pain would of been lesser than it is now.

Just thinking outloud.

12 oxen and 7 trows is what caught my attention when the promised good soil was made.
Then there is the yr with an extra month that reminds me of fine linen.

Has anyone reading here ever considered the altar and a gift.?
How many bells are heard in the parable of the laborer who was forgiven.
Blessed be He that is, was, and is to come.
PIN dear.. are you talking about Eve?
I think she is ready for the Lord to tear down that Garden Gate so that the holy nations can walk into it..
those holy nations found in his forgiveness.I think she wants there to be no more death and no more fultitity/curses.
mankind has failed I say it is time to give Jesus his chance to run thing for the Father!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...CDE5&FORM=VIRE

and a line from Rascle flatts song comes to mind..
Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside every darkened door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where the brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore

COLOR="DarkRed"]WE WON"T HESITATE TO BREAK DOWN THE GARDEN GATE [/color]
There's not much time left today. Yeah
Related

11 Delicious Misheard Lyrics About Food

Find Your Next Concert With Live Nation's Tour Stop

Watch Ariana Grande Sing Her Hits On Carpool Karaoke

Life is a highway
I wanna ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I wanna drive it all night longThrough all these cities and all these towns
It's in my blood and it's all around
I love you now like I loved you then
This is the road and these are the handsFrom Mozambique to those Memphis nights
The Khyber Pass to Vancouver's lightsKnock me down and back up again
You're in my blood
I'm not a lonely manThere's no load I can't hold
Road so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Just tell 'em we're survivors

Photos
hhRascal Flatts - artist photos

Life is a highway
If you're going my way
I wanna drive it all night long
(all night long)
Gimme gimme gimme gimme yeah
Life is a highway
(Oooo, yeah)
If you're going my way
(if you're going my way)
(all night long)There was a distance between you and I (between you & I)
A misunderstanding once
But now we look it in the eye
Ooooo Yeah!There ain't no load that I can't hold
Road so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Tell 'em we're survivors

Life is a highway
(all night long, yeah)
If you're going my way
Gimme gimme gimme gimme
gimme gimme, yeah
Life is a highway (life is a highway)
Ooooh, yeah
If you're going my way
(if you're going my way)
I wanna drive it (all night long, yeah) All night long (all night long)
C'mon gimme gimme gimme gimme
gimme gimme, yeah
Life is a highway
(yeah i wanna drive it all night long, baby)
If you're going my way
(if you're going my way)
All night loooong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8

God gave me that song like yesterday. yes it is time !
we must all deal with Our Lord while we still can !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity