Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 11:04 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Is there any group in the world more fearful than fundamentalist Christians? They are nearly as terrified of Satan and the anti-Christ as they are of their god. They are suspicious of everyone and everything. How do any of them sleep?

Poor things. I'd pity them if they weren't so contemptible.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:55 AM

1,183 posts, read 536,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
There's nothing legitimate at all about the lawlessness going on today, as it's the anti-christ spirit at work. However, since the western world has turned away from God's laws, it's being dumped back on their heads as people don't respect their laws; hence, the lawlessness. You reap what you sow.
In this country alone, the slide has been great. I remember when I was 10, there was a car break in the neighborhood. The police was knocking on doors checking to see if anyone has noticed anything. Today, not only the police do not investigate because of the sheer volume, many don’t even bother to report breakins anymore.

In my late twenties I moved in the DC area. My family back in Ohio were shocked to hear that you had to lock your car door just to step in a 7 Eleven, even in nice neighborhoods. Today we don’t give it a second thought. Theft is so rampant in stores today, even minor items have anti theft tags. Security greet you at Ross. Small businesses struggle to find employees who won’t steal from them.

The biggest Religion in our society today? It feels good do it. There is no reason to obey God. Everyone goes to heaven, yipeee! This religious philosophy is almost Satanic in nature. The allure of sinning without consequence is a trap. And when the Church is pulled away during the Tribulation, this sect will morph into following the man of lawlessness. There will be no more restraint and the universal ideology will proliferate and flourish so that evil will have an army to do its bidding.

Just a skip and jump away

Old 10-21-2018, 11:56 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
The anti-christ is not a cartoon caricature; he's a real human being with demonic power that people will be enthralled with. That's part of the moral of the story of this thread. What's more, witches and the occult are of great fascination of young people today.
There is little difference in your mindset regarding words on a tee shirt from most Muslims being outraged about cartoons in a Danish newspaper. Not the Muslims who riorted or murdered but the Muslims who were simply offended and outraged.

Witches and the occult were popular in Victorian times, in the 60s and even the great Newton whom many Christians put forth as a great scientist who was religious worked on alchemy which one today certainly would consider part of the occult.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:58 AM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
The anti-christ is not a cartoon caricature; he's a real human being with demonic power that people will be enthralled with. That's part of the moral of the story of this thread. What's more, witches and the occult are of great fascination of young people today.
for some young people...as they have been for some young people as far back as I can remember. That's nothing new.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:03 PM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Is there any group in the world more fearful than fundamentalist Christians? They are nearly as terrified of Satan and the anti-Christ as they are of their god. They are suspicious of everyone and everything. How do any of them sleep?

Poor things. I'd pity them if they weren't so contemptible.
Bingo. There are some very fear-based forms of Christianity. Fear of death, of hell, of punishment. Right there should be a clue that it's not a solid path to follow. But fear sells, as the hand-sanitizer manufacturers know.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:18 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
There is no politics here, who is separating famlies?

Nobody can argue with you going into a political rant, people get time outs for talking about politics so people make their swipes, and nobody can answer.
I'm talking about how Jesus would be acting versus the actions we have by those in power. That's as political as I'll get on this forum. If you want to know who's separating families, do some Google searches. It's all right there in black and white.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:23 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm talking about how Jesus would be acting versus the actions we have by those in power. That's as political as I'll get on this forum. If you want to know who's separating families, do some Google searches. It's all right there in black and white.
Those people who illegally break into other peoples' country are criminals, and criminals are separated from their children all the time. Lawlessness.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
There's nothing legitimate at all about the lawlessness going on today, as it's the anti-christ spirit at work. However, since the western world has turned away from God's laws, it's being dumped back on their heads as people don't respect their laws; hence, the lawlessness. You reap what you sow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
In this country alone, the slide has been great. I remember when I was 10, there was a car break in the neighborhood. The police was knocking on doors checking to see if anyone has noticed anything. Today, not only the police do not investigate because of the sheer volume, many don’t even bother to report break ins anymore.

In my late twenties I moved in the DC area. My family back in Ohio were shocked to hear that you had to lock your car door just to step in a 7 Eleven, even in nice neighborhoods. Today we don’t give it a second thought. Theft is so rampant in stores today, even minor items have anti theft tags. Security greet you at Ross. Small businesses struggle to find employees who won’t steal from them.

The biggest Religion in our society today? It feels good do it. There is no reason to obey God. Everyone goes to heaven, yipeee! This religious philosophy is almost Satanic in nature. The allure of sinning without consequence is a trap. And when the Church is pulled away during the Tribulation, this sect will morph into following the man of lawlessness. There will be no more restraint and the universal ideology will proliferate and flourish so that evil will have an army to do its bidding.

Just a skip and jump away
The anti-Christ sits in the Churches condemning the world, while exalting itself.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:36 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
There is little difference in your mindset regarding words on a tee shirt from most Muslims being outraged about cartoons in a Danish newspaper. Not the Muslims who riorted or murdered but the Muslims who were simply offended and outraged.

Witches and the occult were popular in Victorian times, in the 60s and even the great Newton whom many Christians put forth as a great scientist who was religious worked on alchemy which one today certainly would consider part of the occult.
Under the Law, God said witches are to be put to death. Now, under God's grace, they are given space to reconsider and repent. If they don't, when they die then God will carry out the Law. The place of death is called hell fire. Turn or burn. Repent or perish.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Those people who illegally break into other peoples' country are criminals, and criminals are separated from their children all the time. Lawlessness.
We live on one plant called Earth. It is man that has made it illegal to move from place to place.
It's the ignorance of being prejudice that makes everything a crime, so don't eat at that restaurant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity