U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 12:47 PM

20,340 posts, read 9,813,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Under the Law, God said witches are to be put to death. Now, under God's grace, they are given space to reconsider and repent. If they don't, when they die then God will carry out the Law. The place of death is called hell fire. Turn or burn. Repent or perish.
Ignorance at its best, there are no witches or anyone who is supernatural, but you are going to crucify or burn them on a stake anyways because of your excessively credulous beliefs in and reverence for supernatural things. Talk about being insecure and fearful?

Old 10-21-2018, 12:50 PM

8,872 posts, read 2,752,049 times
Quote:
Those people who illegally break into other peoples' country are criminals, and criminals are separated from their children all the time. Lawlessness.
Guess you didn't bother to read the scriptures I posted. Oh well, horse to water and all that jazz.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:51 PM

5,441 posts, read 4,864,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
We live on one plant called Earth. It is man that has made it illegal to move from place to place.
It's the ignorance of being prejudice that makes everything a crime, so don't eat at that restaurant?
I don't see you and your kind letting them move into your homes. Hypocrite.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:54 PM

2,735 posts, read 1,862,970 times
Oh dear, not another Antichrist and Last Days prediction.
Why do Fundies, SDA's and various cults get so into this?
FWIW I thought many of them already gave the Pope this title.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Guess you didn't bother to read the scriptures I posted. Oh well, horse to water and all that jazz.
God believes in punishment for wrongdoing.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Guess some scriptures are just too inconvenient. Talk about hypocrites.

When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34)

When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. (Leviticus 19:9-10)

He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. (Deuteronomy 10:18-19)

“So I will come to put you on trial. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive the foreigners among you of justice, but do not fear me,” says the Lord Almighty. (Malachi 3:5)

“As for the foreigner who does not belong to your people Israel but has come from a distant land because of your name— for they will hear of your great name and your mighty hand and your outstretched arm—when they come and pray toward this temple, then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Do whatever the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as do your own people Israel, and may know that this house I have built bears your Name. (1 Kings 8:41-44)

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Galatians 5:14)

Old 10-21-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Read what I just posted. Still want to argue? So I guess God is pretty ignorant when it comes to foreigners.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Guess some scriptures are just too inconvenient. Talk about hypocrites.

When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34)

When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. (Leviticus 19:9-10)

He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. (Deuteronomy 10:18-19)

“So I will come to put you on trial. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive the foreigners among you of justice, but do not fear me,” says the Lord Almighty. (Malachi 3:5)

“As for the foreigner who does not belong to your people Israel but has come from a distant land because of your name— for they will hear of your great name and your mighty hand and your outstretched arm—when they come and pray toward this temple, then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Do whatever the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as do your own people Israel, and may know that this house I have built bears your Name. (1 Kings 8:41-44)

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Galatians 5:14)
Nice try. But, you're twisting the meaning of Scripture. Breaking into others' lands is not a welcomed foreigner, but a criminal. I don't see you people moving them into your houses.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
So, you know who lives with me, or those that I have helped?
I didn't think you did, you're the one who indulges in hypocrisy.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
It's not wrong to believe in something you don't, nor to provide a better life for your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or