U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 08:10 PM

40,187 posts, read 26,814,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You've got to explain something to me, Mystic. What is your basis for believing that a spirit cannot develop without a pregnancy? Or maybe you meant something entirely different than what it sounded like.
I am confident a Spirit can develop, so that is not in question. In fact, that is what our Spirits are supposed to do once conceived. But if it is destined to be "born again" it must have a "spiritual pregnancy" period unless you know of anything in our reality that is "born" without one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 08:13 PM

21,978 posts, read 22,174,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am confident a Spirit can develop, so that is not in question. In fact, that is what our Spirits are supposed to do once conceived. But if it is destined to be "born again" it must have a "spiritual pregnancy" period unless you know of anything in our reality that is "born" without one.
I have no idea what a "spiritual pregnancy" is, so I really couldn't say. It sounds much less uncomfortable than a physical one, though.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:18 PM

40,187 posts, read 26,814,572 times
Quote:
I have no idea what a "spiritual pregnancy" is, so I really couldn't say. It sounds much less uncomfortable than a physical one, though.
Given my experiences actually trying to put into practice loving God and each other every single day and repenting when I don't, it may not be as physically uncomfortable as a physical pregnancy, but it is no fun.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:05 AM

3,671 posts, read 1,543,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyB View Post
At the moment you were born-again …
you were only forgiven of the sins you had committed up to that point in time!

“For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness,
and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his OLD sins.
Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call
and election sure, for IF you do these things you will never stumble;
for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting
kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 1:9-11, NKJV)
“OLD sins” is also in the KJV, RSV, NLT, AMP

“having forgotten his purification from his FORMER sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NASB)
“FORMER sins” is also in the ESV

forgetting that they have been cleansed from their PAST sins.(2 Peter 1:9, NIV)
“PAST sins” is also in the HCSB

Now for some confirming NT passages …

Paul wrote this to the Corinthian church concerning his words of rebuke
in 1 Corinthians that he had sent to them concerning some particular sin(s).
They really needed to be sorrowful and repent.

“… the pain (from his rebuke) caused you to repent and change your ways.
It was the kind of sorrow God wants His people to have, so you were not
harmed by us in any way. For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience
leads us away from sin and results in salvation. … worldly sorrow, which lacks
repentance, results in spiritual (eternal) death.” (2 Corinthians 7:8-10, NLT)

“Yes, I am afraid that when I come again, God will humble me in your presence.
And I will be grieved because many of you have not given up your old sins.
You have not repented of your impurity, sexual immorality,
and eagerness for lustful pleasure.(2 Corinthians 12:21, NLT)

Peter is warning believers about God’s destruction of all ungodly and unholy people:
“Then he used the water to destroy the ancient (ungodly) world … the day of judgment,
when ungodly people will be destroyed. … He is being patient for your sake. He does not
want anyone to be destroyed (perish spiritually), but (he) wants everyone to repent.
… what holy and godly lives you should live … (you) make every effort to be found living
peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight. … I am warning you ahead of time
… Be on guard so that you will not be carried away by the errors …” (2 Peter 3:6-17, NLT)

John gives the condition for the Lord to forgive believers’ present sins:
“But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all wickedness (unrighteousness).” (1 John 1:9, NLT)
This is an extremely important verse … all men need to be repeatedly purified from all
unrighteousness – from all their sins … We must confess our sins and turn from them
… We must also confess them with our actions … (John) is talking here about repentance
… we must hate our sins and turn from them. This is true repentance.
(The Applied New Testament Commentary; Dr. Thomas Hale)

2 verses later, John reminds believers to ask Jesus to plead our case before the Father:
“My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin.
But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before
the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.” (1 John 2:1, NLT)

Believers are responsible for repenting of their sins after they are born-again!
They have been given the Holy Spirit, a totally new nature, and God’s word.
So, they have been enabled to be victorious overcomers over sin, the world,
and the devil. They have no excuse for failing to do this.
GINOLJC, to all.

First great topic, and good post.

second, AMEN.... let the preacher say aaaa amen, let the church say aaaaa amen, everybody say aaaa amen, amen, amen.

your post is right on target, may we if you don't mind place another new testament scripture attesting to that FACT.
Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God".

and the 1 John you quoted are right on target. who say christians cannot agree? Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?". well that scriptures has been prove correct this today before our very own eyes.

only thing I can say is aaaaa amen, aaaa amen, aaaa amen amen, amen.

is there hope that we all say the same thing...... YES, read 1 Corinthians 1:10.

PICYJAG.

PS that 1 John 2:1, proves again that JESUS is the Comforter, look up "advocate"

Old 10-23-2018, 07:28 AM

102 posts, read 33,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Romans 3:25
"Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God".
Yes, but in most translations, this verse is a little more awkward, IMO.
Thanks, brother.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:51 PM

5,441 posts, read 4,875,631 times
Once saved always saved is a deceptive doctrine.

Ezekiel 18
24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:22 PM

14,921 posts, read 5,006,697 times
Quote:
There is overwhelming evidence through instruction in how that baby is going to be on milk for a long long time before he can even begin to eat the meat of the word, in other words, he must know the bible in and out where he knows the temple and the religion to then begin to understand the spiritual nature behind all the laws.

Where it says,'' Woe are women with children and those weaning children in that day,'' it isn't speaking of the end of the Earth, it is speaking about a pregnant bride of Christ whose child has not yet been weaned, and she has come up to Rosh Hashanah.

The firstfruits are all babies who are raised to be full grown mature men as priests, as sons who followed the first born son into the kingdom.

Revelation isn't about the end of the world, it is about somebody coming to the end of the days of their ministry in their first 42 months just as we see those brides birthing sons in Revelation 12.

The bible is one concept to the next concept and before you can see alot of things clearly, you first have to get the idea in your head that you are betrothed to Christ as a virgin, and Jesus really and truly put an actual seed inside you and this by a great miracle because here you are, the virgin to Christ but as the scripture says, '' The virgin is with child,'' you are that virgin. We are only given a seed that Christ would at some point be formed in us as his child, but it does not happen over night.

Keep in mind that you have a seed where Christ is formed in you after learning the milk of the word as to raise that child, and maybe you will begin to notice how much is written about the subject after you get the concept in your head.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:59 PM

21,978 posts, read 22,174,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
There is overwhelming evidence through instruction in how that baby is going to be on milk for a long long time before he can even begin to eat the meat of the word, in other words, he must know the bible in and out where he knows the temple and the religion to then begin to understand the spiritual nature behind all the laws.

Where it says,'' Woe are women with children and those weaning children in that day,'' it isn't speaking of the end of the Earth, it is speaking about a pregnant bride of Christ whose child has not yet been weaned, and she has come up to Rosh Hashanah.

The firstfruits are all babies who are raised to be full grown mature men as priests, as sons who followed the first born son into the kingdom.

Revelation isn't about the end of the world, it is about somebody coming to the end of the days of their ministry in their first 42 months just as we see those brides birthing sons in Revelation 12.

The bible is one concept to the next concept and before you can see alot of things clearly, you first have to get the idea in your head that you are betrothed to Christ as a virgin, and Jesus really and truly put an actual seed inside you and this by a great miracle because here you are, the virgin to Christ but as the scripture says, '' The virgin is with child,'' you are that virgin. We are only given a seed that Christ would at some point be formed in us as his child, but it does not happen over night.

Keep in mind that you have a seed where Christ is formed in you after learning the milk of the word as to raise that child, and maybe you will begin to notice how much is written about the subject after you get the concept in your head.
My initial comment to Mystic was in response to this statement of his:

What are you using as your basis for believing that a birth can occur without a pregnancy period for the embryo to develop, whether Flesh OR Spirit????

I know what pregnant means and the fact that our spirits clearly do go from immature to mature over time has nothing to do with pregnancy. I realize that Mystic was speaking metaphorically; that's what mystics do, isn't it? This one just doesn't work for me. I know what pregnant means and while I do not dispute the fact that our spirits clearly do go from immature to mature over time, I find this to be a silly caricature. There are so many flaws in this analogy that it's useless.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:15 PM

8,114 posts, read 7,089,887 times
People don`t have to be sin free for Jesus to saved them , Jesus cleanses them in their development in conversion ...... Like Paul said in Galatians 3 ...``O foolish Galatians who has bewitched you , that you should not obey the truth ... Received you the spirit by the works of the law or by the hearing of faith ? `` ...... See these people who get the converts saved by the law and forgot that they got saved by the faith in the Spirit ....Not saying that Jesus still what people to resist sin , as God is Holy , and people still need to repent for years after they where converted , as the earth is a dark place

Old 10-23-2018, 04:23 PM

14,921 posts, read 5,006,697 times
Quote:
My initial comment to Mystic was in response to this statement of his:

What are you using as your basis for believing that a birth can occur without a pregnancy period for the embryo to develop, whether Flesh OR Spirit????

A birth can't happen without a pregnancy period. As I said before, I don't really know any born again Christians as I don't believe that I have been born again yet but I am working toward that end. I assumed that I was born again for 40 years, but I no longer believe that because I studied the 7 feasts which are appointed for the bride, her pregnancy, and the birth of her child. I view all of this through the days appointed for being born again, I also believe that it is a real thing, that something really is created inside you to be raised but this child is also caught up to heaven when he is born again. That matured child is your resurrection body, and we are shown Jesus coming to kill the children of many brides amongst the church in Revelation 2, and this doesn't mean that God is coming to kill your flesh and blood children. It is speaking of the child you are pregnant with, and if you don't study, that child cannot be raised and matured as a priest. Those children are raised to be priests.

But why is Jesus coming to kill many of the children of those in the church? Does God bring down the sins of the mother on the head of the children?

Those babies have to be killed because babies cannot be handed a rule, only a mature grown man can inherit the rule, and those brides wouldn't feed their children. We are made keeper over the household of God to give his children meat in due season, the point has never been about being a bride of Christ, it is about birthing the son.

There be billions of barren brides and few brides who have mature sons.

Only the wise virgins find the wedding chamber to consummate the marriage of Jesus, and these wise virgins only found their way through the dark because they found an extra vessel, and then they went and purchased the oil to fill their lamps that they may find the door, but woe are all those virgins with no oil, and when they are told where to purchase the oil, they come running and it is too late as they stand outside the wedding chamber crying,'' Open even to us.''

It makes a big difference in whether you will consummate the marriage or not, and it makes a difference whether you have a baby on milk or a mature son on meat.

Those 5 foolish virgins were also brides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or