U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 01:21 PM

5,207 posts, read 2,558,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Is prayer to saints / Mary biblical?
I find at 1st Timothy 2:5 that there is ' only one mediator ' between God and us - Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the ' mediator ' of the New Covenant as per Hebrews 9:15; Hebrews 12:24
That is why at John 14:6 Jesus could say he is the way, the truth (religious truth) and the life.
No one comes to the Father but by Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2018, 08:23 AM

769 posts, read 432,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Then please explain your interp. of Revelation 5:8 && Revelation 8:3-4
That shows me elders/angels/saints offering prayers before God! Why would the saints still be offering prayers (if they are already before God)? Who would they be praying for - themselves????? I think NOT. Certainly they are aware of things on earth or why would they ask 'how long....'? - Revelation 6:10
those in Heaven are called "Holy Ones" or "saints" but also the righteous on earth, MANY of those from the days of old, who worshiped Jehovah God. were called Jehovah's Holy ones ,(Psa. 34:9 Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him). see also (Psa. 106:16 When they envied Moses in the camp, And Aaron the saint of the Lord). concerning Rev. 8:3,4 it speaks NOTHING of humans praying to "GOD" through dead saints. and even if one refuses to believe what the bible states, it still stand. ONLY Jesus can take human prayers to Jehovah God ,it's his words! (John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me).

ANY who refuse to believe (1Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus). it's NOT myself, who one refuse to believe, but Jehovah God's words. I NEVER said humans couldn't pray for another human either. Rev. 6:10 is referring to the saints who were killed because of their righteous beliefs. and how Jehovah through Jesus will revenge their blood. once again... it had NOTHING to do with anyone in Heaven besides Jesus taking ones prayers to Jehovah God. the scriptures you post, had NOTHING to do with saints in Heaven taking prayers that a human took to them, being taken to God by means of the HEAVENLY saints. again... Jesus said that he was the ONLY who can do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or