U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2018, 01:45 PM

582 posts, read 160,524 times

Advertisements

If you were to believe in a god, be sure that He is the true God. How do we know the true God? Not only is that He is omnipotent and omnipresent, He is also omniscient. He knows everything. He is able to know what happened in the past and what will happen in the future..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 01:57 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,167,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
If you were to believe in a god, be sure that He is the true God. How do we know the true God? Not only is that He is omnipotent and omnipresent, He is also omniscient. He knows everything. He is able to know what happened in the past and what will happen in the future..
First, how do you know those things are true of God?
Second, if those things are true of God, how would your true God prove to you that "He" was all of those things?

Old 10-30-2018, 02:54 PM

28,458 posts, read 15,436,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes, Jesus is going to slay the lot of you with his word, like the last lot of fundamentaists that opposed him. Who hated everything he did because he associated himself with all they believed were unworthy of God never mind his love that is beyond grasping.

Like i said, you showed where your heart is towards the world in stating that Christ as left it, the believers heart is where Christ is and Christ is in all.. You have a poor opinion of it(the world) and believe it can only be loved by God through acceptance of your beliefs about Jesus and the bible. It is so oved of God, leave it at that.
Well - I see you haven't changed... still full of accusations...

Old 10-30-2018, 03:10 PM

32,223 posts, read 21,101,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well - I see you haven't changed... still full of accusations...
Lol, i turn the table on you(which is what Jesus did by the way) and you are offended. Well, quit seeing the world(or your country) how you do and trying to impress upon us that is how God sees it. Christ is very much here still in the believers and it is you who said this
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The country first rejected Christ... now Christ is removing Himself. Then later will come more evidence of the judgment. Europe is about a generation ahead of us.
If he is removing himself he can only be doing so in you, because if you are a believer he is alive in you. So no accusations from me whatsoever, i am revealing to you, your heart by your own words. If he's not removing himself in you then he's obviously still here. It's you giving up on the country not Christ, because you have judged it rather than walked in forgiveness towards it by Christ in you.

Let me say this to you too, Christ is continually coming in those who walk in the Father's love and forgiveness. This is not your OT days of calling down judgement on the world because you don't like what you are seeing.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:22 PM

20,362 posts, read 9,822,083 times
Quote:
Lol, i turn the table on you(which is what Jesus did by the way) and you are offended. Well, quit seeing the world(or your country) how you do and trying to impress upon us that is how God sees it. Christ is very much here still in the believers and it is you who said this

If he is removing himself he can only be doing so in you, because if you are a believer he is alive in you. So no accusations from me whatsoever, i am revealing to you, your heart by your own words. If he's not removing himself in you then he's obviously still here. It's you giving up on the country not Christ, because you have judged it rather than walked in forgiveness towards it by Christ in you.

Let me say this to you too, Christ is continually coming in those who walk in the Father's love and forgiveness. This is not your OT days of calling down judgement on the world because you don't like what you are seeing.
Isn't that the truth.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:22 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,635,090 times
Yes! Failed as expected and written in the NT.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:32 PM

5,133 posts, read 2,529,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yes! Failed as expected and written in the NT.
I wonder how one can conclude that Matthew 25:31-33 has failed when it has Not yet happened.
That soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth is still ahead of us.
I wonder how one can conclude that Matthew 24:14 (Acts 1:8) has failed when it just happening now.
Never before in history has there been such a vast international scale preaching being done world wide as it is now.
I wonder how one can conclude 1st Thessalonians 5:2-3 has failed when it is still ahead of us.
The ' powers that be ' are Not yet saying, "Peace and Security...." which is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Didn't Jesus make it clear at Luke 19:11-15 that God's kingdom would NOT 'immediately' appear back then.
Plus, John who wrote the gospel of John, wrote Revelation at the 'end' of the 1st century.
So, the setting for Revelation 1:10 is for our day or time frame and Not the long past.
So, nothing has failed but is right on schedule just as written - Daniel 12:9,4; 2:44.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:41 PM

5,133 posts, read 2,529,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
I find at Isaiah 46:10 God does know the future. The future as written at Revelation 22:2.
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' Tree of Life ' on Earth as it says for the ' healing ' of earth's nations.

As to who will be part of that coming ' healing ' time on Earth remains to be seen because God has gifted everyone with free-will choices, so God freely chooses Not to know what we will choose.
If God knew in advance then there would be No need to tell everyone to repent as per 2nd Peter 3:9.
There would be No need to have a ' time of separation ' on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 as to see who will be figurative humble ' sheep ' and who are haughty ' goats'.
If known in advance then there would be No need for Jesus to tell us to 'endure to the end' to be saved at Matthew 24:13.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:27 PM

40,046 posts, read 26,730,521 times
Quote:
Lol, I turn the table on you(which is what Jesus did by the way) and you are offended. Well, quit seeing the world(or your country) how you do and trying to impress upon us that is how God sees it. Christ is very much here still in the believers and it is you who said this

If he is removing himself he can only be doing so in you, because if you are a believer he is alive in you. So no accusations from me whatsoever, I am revealing to you, your heart by your own words. If he's not removing himself in you then he's obviously still here. It's you giving up on the country, not Christ because you have judged it rather than walked in forgiveness towards it by Christ in you.

Let me say this to you too, Christ is continually coming in those who walk in the Father's love and forgiveness. This is not your OT days of calling down judgment on the world because you don't like what you are seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Isn't that the truth.
Yes, it is.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:06 PM

28,458 posts, read 15,436,866 times
Quote:
Lol, i turn the table on you(which is what Jesus did by the way) and you are offended. Well, quit seeing the world (or your country) how you do and trying to impress upon us that is how God sees it. Christ is very much here still in the believers and it is you who said this

Nobody said anything about being offended. Let's be clear - nothing you say will offend me.

Despite you telling me what you think I should do and say and whatever else... I will continue forward with Christ.

Judgment has nothing to do with me. If it doesn't happen, great. I don't think it looks good... nothing immediate, but we are slowly moving in that direction.

It's probably too much for you to call for people to repent and turn to Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity