U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-30-2018, 06:06 PM
 
20,421 posts, read 9,840,546 times
Reputation: 1678

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I wonder how one can conclude that Matthew 25:31-33 has failed when it has Not yet happened.
That soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth is still ahead of us.
I wonder how one can conclude that Matthew 24:14 (Acts 1:8) has failed when it just happening now.
Never before in history has there been such a vast international scale preaching being done world wide as it is now.


I wonder how one can conclude 1st Thessalonians 5:2-3 has failed when it is still ahead of us.
The ' powers that be ' are Not yet saying, "Peace and Security...." which is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Didn't Jesus make it clear at Luke 19:11-15 that God's kingdom would NOT 'immediately' appear back then. Plus, John who wrote the gospel of John, wrote Revelation at the 'end' of the 1st century.


So, the setting for Revelation 1:10 is for our day or time frame and Not the long past.
So, nothing has failed but is right on schedule just as written - Daniel 12:9,4; 2:44.
They didn't need to wait for the population to increase over time?
And any peace they may have had was interrupted in 70 CE.

The Siege of Jerusalem was a decisive event for that time period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-30-2018, 06:15 PM
 
Location: New England
32,238 posts, read 21,123,632 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Nobody said anything about being offended. Let's be clear - nothing you say will offend me.

Despite you telling me what you think I should do and say and whatever else... I will continue forward with Christ.

Judgment has nothing to do with me. If it doesn't happen, great. I don't think it looks good... nothing immediate, but we are slowly moving in that direction.

It's probably too much for you to call for people to repent and turn to Christ.
Why ask the world to repent, when those who are called to share the glad tidings believe Christ is removing himself from them?. I am calling you to repent from how you see the world and thinking just because you don't like what you see in it , mistaking that to mean Christ is removing himself from it too(This is how much of that which is in the scriptures that should never be in them found itself in them). Many who abide in the Love of the Father remain faithful to the great truth that God so loves the world and still does and always will, are keeping the flame of his love burning while in it. Removing himself from what you are not liking to see goes against another great truth that love is enduring.

Last edited by pcamps; 10-30-2018 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,506 posts, read 15,466,875 times
Reputation: 11420
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why ask the world to repent, when those who are called to share the glad tidings believe Christ is removing himself from them?. I am calling you to repent from how you see the world and thinking just because you don't like what you see in it , mistaking that to mean Christ is removing himself from it too(This is how much of that which is in the scriptures that should never be in them found itself in them). Many who abide in the Love of the Father remain faithful to the great truth that God so loves the world and still does and always will, are keeping the flame of his love burning. Removing himself from what you are not liking to see goes against another great truth that love is enduring.
When I say He is removing Himself - I am not talking about the possibility of people coming to Christ. It's more about removing prayer and any mentions of Christ from schools, removal of crosses from public view, mentions of Christ at Christmas... stuff like that. People can receive Christ at any time, and it's important because one's eternity will be affected.

For whatever reason, you keep wanting to make it personal as though I am mad about it... I am just reacting to what's happening, like I always do, and will continue to do.

The topic here is about Jesus returning... I am done allowing you to hijack the thread because you can't control yourself and feel the need to accuse people and tell them how they should behave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 06:46 PM
 
Location: New England
32,238 posts, read 21,123,632 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
When I say He is removing Himself - I am not talking about the possibility of people coming to Christ. It's more about removing prayer and any mentions of Christ from schools, removal of crosses from public view, mentions of Christ at Christmas... stuff like that. People can receive Christ at any time, and it's important because one's eternity will be affected.

For whatever reason, you keep wanting to make it personal as though I am mad about it... I am just reacting to what's happening, like I always do, and will continue to do.

The topic here is about Jesus returning... I am done allowing you to hijack the thread because you can't control yourself and feel the need to accuse people and tell them how they should behave.
Of cause you did?. You said he is removing himself. You turned this thread from returning to removing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The country first rejected Christ... now Christ is removing Himself. Then later will come more evidence of the judgment. Europe is about a generation ahead of us.
I know exactly what you are saying here, Christ is removing himself and will return in vengeance to bring judgement upon it. Wake up and see that is totally against the scriptures and the Spirit of Christ in all of those that abide in his love to reach the world with the love of God.

You know what i have said to you makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,540,166 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find at Isaiah 46:10 God does know the future. The future as written at Revelation 22:2.
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' Tree of Life ' on Earth as it says for the ' healing ' of earth's nations.

As to who will be part of that coming ' healing ' time on Earth remains to be seen because God has gifted everyone with free-will choices, so God freely chooses Not to know what we will choose.
If God knew in advance then there would be No need to tell everyone to repent as per 2nd Peter 3:9.
There would be No need to have a ' time of separation ' on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 as to see who will be figurative humble ' sheep ' and who are haughty ' goats'.
If known in advance then there would be No need for Jesus to tell us to 'endure to the end' to be saved at Matthew 24:13.
you are correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 06:52 PM
 
107 posts, read 22,894 times
Reputation: 145
Default Well if the sun

goes dark, then it really doesn't matter if he comes or not, we'll all freeze to death in short order. And "Stars falling to earth?" Come on now folks, we're not savages. Its just a story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 06:55 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,506 posts, read 15,466,875 times
Reputation: 11420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
goes dark, then it really doesn't matter if he comes or not, we'll all freeze to death in short order. And "Stars falling to earth?" Come on now folks, we're not savages. Its just a story.
Part of the Christian faith is that He keeps His promises.

Matthew 24, Jesus gives some indicators that the time for His return is getting closer. Some of them we can see happening today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 07:05 PM
 
Location: New England
32,238 posts, read 21,123,632 times
Reputation: 2280
The return is his Life quickened within us. The very last thing he said to his disciples was "Lo I AM with YOU Always". So how could he come again if he was speaking the truth here that he's always with us?. The Spirit is Life and that which the onlookers witnessed on the day of Pentecost was that Spirit being quickened in the early believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,506 posts, read 15,466,875 times
Reputation: 11420
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Of cause you did?. You said he is removing himself. You turned this thread from returning to removing.



I know exactly what you are saying here, Christ is removing himself and will return in vengeance to bring judgement upon it. Wake up and see that is totally against the scriptures and the Spirit of Christ in all of those that abide in his love to reach the world with the love of God.

You know what i have said to you makes sense.
What is wrong with you?

You brought my quote in from another thread, and then lie and accuse me of changing the topic

What do you think... I didn't see that?? See post 94... you pulled that from the other thread.

Something is really wrong with you... other than the fact that you continue to accuse believers - that's still normal for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2018, 03:17 AM
 
Location: New England
32,238 posts, read 21,123,632 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What is wrong with you?

You brought my quote in from another thread, and then lie and accuse me of changing the topic

What do you think... I didn't see that?? See post 94... you pulled that from the other thread.

Something is really wrong with you... other than the fact that you continue to accuse believers - that's still normal for you.
What is wrong with you that you would lie about what you said.Christ is removing himself and then tried pretending that you meant this
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
When I say He is removing Himself - I am not talking about the possibility of people coming to Christ. It's more about removing prayer and any mentions of Christ from schools, removal of crosses from public view, mentions of Christ at Christmas... stuff like that. People can receive Christ at any time, and it's important because one's eternity will be affected.
.
Yes i can see that you meant that but did not stop at that, you continues on and said Christ is removing himself because of what you stated above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The country first rejected Christ... now Christ is removing Himself. Then later will come more evidence of the judgment. Europe is about a generation ahead of us.
So you should be questioning what is wrong with yourself not me that you cannot acknowledge your error in thinking claiming Christ is removing himself, then trying to make out you meant something else. I clearly showed you that Christ has not and will not remove himself and the reason why he won't

Last edited by pcamps; 10-31-2018 at 03:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top