U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-04-2018, 08:00 AM
 
Location: New England
32,234 posts, read 21,119,376 times
Reputation: 2280

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
Is it really another location, or is it something blind eyes cannot see right before them?
This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-04-2018, 10:56 AM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,638,748 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
we must disagree with that assessment, and here's why
Surprising!

Quote:
#1. the Lord Jesus did return in that Generation, "IN SPIRIT" on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2. for his return was two fold. first in Spirit as comforter, and yet to come in bodily form when every eye shall see him, (that's when the gospel will have been preached into all the world), Revelation 1:7 per act 1:11. his first return in Spirit every eye didn't see. his second return is when every eye will see him.
Well, did he or did he not return. You say it is in spirit but then go on to quote II Peter saying he did not return yet. Let me guess you guys can just rationalize anything because all these predictions supposedly given by a omniscience God are just meaningless until you clarify them. Both II Peter and Revelation were after Pentecost. II Peter was written by someone who is not Peter and precisely because people were expecting his return soon and near just as seen in the NT and when that failed they questioned it. You are just following the excuses these guys made 2000 years ago - keep up the good work.

Quote:
#2. Paul letter to the Romans was proof that the gospel was not preached into all the world. it wasn't even preached in Rome, hence the letter to them.
And yet I just quoted you where it said that it was preached to all NATIONS.

Quote:
#3. Revelation said "NEAR" true, it's only been a couple of days that the Lord Jesus been Gone. that's God time table. for a thousand years as but one day to the Lord. and it's just two thousand years since he left, so it's been about two days and a few minuites.
After the fact excuses by some fraud pretending to be Peter. Why would God give scripture to humans and expect them to be on GOD time and not human time. The Scriptures are for humans for faith and practice. Again, just after the fact rationalizations for not being clear in the first place. And this is supposed to be by an all-powerful all-knowing God trying to give guidance about him and his plans only to be adjusted when the **** don't work out as expected. You guys are funny. You have provided laughs for almost 2000 years now. It has got to be the longest running joke in history.

Quote:
#4. "It's not my fault that the NTs predictions of soon and near and that the time is at hand has failed and that it still 2000 years removed and everyone is still having their head in the sand waiting for something that will never happen and is clearly a failure".

my answer to this is in conjunction of #3 above, scripture,

2 Peter 3:3 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

2 Peter 3:4 "And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

2 Peter 3:5 "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

2 Peter 3:6 "Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

2 Peter 3:7 "But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up".
Again, you contradict yourself - did he or did he not come. On one hand he did - oh but in spirit. On the other he did not because God is on a different time than we mere humans.

By the way in Acts it says that he would come in like manner as he left.

This same Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven will come back in the same way you saw him go into heaven.

That's a physical visible return to earth. NOT a Spiritual BS return!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2018, 01:21 PM
 
Location: New Zealand
4,243 posts, read 656,384 times
Reputation: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
Well, Jesus clearly said that the Kingdom does NOT come by OBSERVATION, meaning you can't see it, its not something that can be seen, like his presence. "Far Country" assumes distance, is there really distance involved in spiritual matters, is heaven really another location apart from anywhere else? Even if heaven is another dimension, is it really another location, or is it something blind eyes cannot see right before them?
Yep, since Jesus said that he spoke in parables that’s a hint that you can’t take the things literally and revelation is a book which is symbolised so also can’t be taken literally. Jesus whole “life” is taken from the Old Testament .... we are to “eat” his “flesh” and “drink” his “blood” we are not to think literally when reading the bible ..... what is flesh is flesh and what is spirit is spirit, “heaven” is not a place, physical or literal ...

Jesus return is not a physical thing, there is not going to be a literal end to the heaven and earth, and a new heaven and earth. The preachers who tell us that the bible is a historical record and speaks of a literal prophecy of the end of the world are not using spiritual eyes to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2018, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,539,744 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Surprising!

Well, did he or did he not return. You say it is in spirit but then go on to quote II Peter saying he did not return yet. Let me guess you guys can just rationalize anything because all these predictions supposedly given by a omniscience God are just meaningless until you clarify them. Both II Peter and Revelation were after Pentecost. II Peter was written by someone who is not Peter and precisely because people were expecting his return soon and near just as seen in the NT and when that failed they questioned it. You are just following the excuses these guys made 2000 years ago - keep up the good work.

And yet I just quoted you where it said that it was preached to all NATIONS.

After the fact excuses by some fraud pretending to be Peter. Why would God give scripture to humans and expect them to be on GOD time and not human time. The Scriptures are for humans for faith and practice. Again, just after the fact rationalizations for not being clear in the first place. And this is supposed to be by an all-powerful all-knowing God trying to give guidance about him and his plans only to be adjusted when the **** don't work out as expected. You guys are funny. You have provided laughs for almost 2000 years now. It has got to be the longest running joke in history.

Again, you contradict yourself - did he or did he not come. On one hand he did - oh but in spirit. On the other he did not because God is on a different time than we mere humans.

By the way in Acts it says that he would come in like manner as he left.

This same Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven will come back in the same way you saw him go into heaven.

That's a physical visible return to earth. NOT a Spiritual BS return!
I read your post. if you're going to quote me, do it correctly, ok.


let's take this one point at a time.

#1. he did return on Pentecost. in Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

and will return in bodily form that is yet to happen.


so taking this one step at a time,
do you agree or not that the Lord Jesus Returned on Pentecost Yes or No? be ready to defend your answer by scriptures.

I'll be looking for your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2018, 02:53 PM
 
4,255 posts, read 1,629,291 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus was speaking of the wicked generation which is ongoing.

As for the Son of man, he is not Jesus alone.

Jesus was God the Father portraying the Son to show those who follow His example of serving the Father what is to come.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and it will be given to you.

Matt 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added.
Jesus warned he wouldn't be known( John 15:20-21)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2018, 03:05 PM
 
Location: US
27,989 posts, read 15,066,269 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I read your post. if you're going to quote me, do it correctly, ok.


let's take this one point at a time.

#1. he did return on Pentecost. in Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

and will return in bodily form that is yet to happen.


so taking this one step at a time,
do you agree or not that the Lord Jesus Returned on Pentecost Yes or No? be ready to defend your answer by scriptures.

I'll be looking for your answer.
Ok, he returned in spirit, the Holy Spirit But no one saw him come just as they saw him go...Try again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2018, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
14,844 posts, read 4,979,806 times
Reputation: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Surprising!

Well, did he or did he not return. You say it is in spirit but then go on to quote II Peter saying he did not return yet. Let me guess you guys can just rationalize anything because all these predictions supposedly given by a omniscience God are just meaningless until you clarify them. Both II Peter and Revelation were after Pentecost. II Peter was written by someone who is not Peter and precisely because people were expecting his return soon and near just as seen in the NT and when that failed they questioned it. You are just following the excuses these guys made 2000 years ago - keep up the good work.

And yet I just quoted you where it said that it was preached to all NATIONS.

After the fact excuses by some fraud pretending to be Peter. Why would God give scripture to humans and expect them to be on GOD time and not human time. The Scriptures are for humans for faith and practice. Again, just after the fact rationalizations for not being clear in the first place. And this is supposed to be by an all-powerful all-knowing God trying to give guidance about him and his plans only to be adjusted when the **** don't work out as expected. You guys are funny. You have provided laughs for almost 2000 years now. It has got to be the longest running joke in history.

Again, you contradict yourself - did he or did he not come. On one hand he did - oh but in spirit. On the other he did not because God is on a different time than we mere humans.

By the way in Acts it says that he would come in like manner as he left.

This same Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven will come back in the same way you saw him go into heaven.

That's a physical visible return to earth. NOT a Spiritual BS return!
The years of Messiah are 2000 years from the 4th day to the 6th day, and so when we get to like 2035, you can laugh. I understand that you don't understand the planned comings of the Lord, and his coming to us is as the two comings of rain, the spring and the fall rains. The first rain is appointed on the Passover Atzeret, and the second rain is a double portion appointed on Sukkot Atzeret where a flood is appointed, a flood of spirit that circumcizes the flesh in an evolution of mankind. A repeat of Noah's flood, but spirit.

Jesus had 7 years appointed to walk where the first 42 months was his spring, and like us all, his 7 year week is divided in two comings. Jesus had to walk the first half of his 7 years in flesh walking as Ephraim, but his second coming is in the clouds, and his people ARE those clouds. His second coming is to every generation to anyone who progresses through a planned walk..........

Messiah was to come 4 days after Adam, or 4000 years, and Messiah comes teaching secrets of Torah and his years are 2000 years.

There are 3-2000 years that split up a 6000 year plan, and we are nearing the end of that plan.

Just saying, you can have a laugh after 2035, but not right now because the years of Torah are not yet finished. These were known things before Jesus ever came along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2018, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
14,844 posts, read 4,979,806 times
Reputation: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yep, since Jesus said that he spoke in parables that’s a hint that you can’t take the things literally and revelation is a book which is symbolised so also can’t be taken literally. Jesus whole “life” is taken from the Old Testament .... we are to “eat” his “flesh” and “drink” his “blood” we are not to think literally when reading the bible ..... what is flesh is flesh and what is spirit is spirit, “heaven” is not a place, physical or literal ...

Jesus return is not a physical thing, there is not going to be a literal end to the heaven and earth, and a new heaven and earth. The preachers who tell us that the bible is a historical record and speaks of a literal prophecy of the end of the world are not using spiritual eyes to see.
People don't understand Revelation because they don't know the appointed prayers of the Torah cycle or what the priests say and do on Jewish holy days. A Jew was being held Captive by Gentiles and he wanted to write a secret letter that a Gentile could not decipher and so he used old Testament scripture with traditions, riturals and sayings that only Jews would know concerning the comings and goings and laws of the temple.

Written for Jews teaching Gentiles.

Revelation is written to the Gentile in how to transform into Israel, it was written for every generation about what a Gentile must go through to be born again. The first sentence says that everything written in the book must shortly come to pass, and that is the last thing said, but also that we have to live by the prophesies of the book like that angel, and what is interesting is the fact that that angel is telling us that he was once a human himself, and also a Gentile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2018, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,539,744 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ok, he returned in spirit, the Holy Spirit But no one saw him come just as they saw him go...Try again...
ERROR, no need to see him, only his MANIFESTATION. listen, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?.

the ANSWER, in the Spiritual Gifts, supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:9 "To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: (there is the MANIFESTATION on Pentecost) .... (smile).

1 Corinthians 12:11 "But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

divers kinds of tongues is a "MANIFESTATION" of the Lord Jesus in Spirit. and what happen on Pentecost? they spoke in divers kinds of tongues. this was the MANIFESTATION that Judas asked about.

Acts 2:1 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Acts 2:2 "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Acts 2:3 "And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance".



that's in Spirit, now when he comes in bodily Form, his "GLORIFIED" body, then "EVERY" eye will see him including you... scripture, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.



see how easy it is to answer questions, ...... Now what about reconciling John 1:3 with Isaiah 44:24.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2018, 05:30 PM
 
Location: US
27,989 posts, read 15,066,269 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
ERROR, no need to see him, only his MANIFESTATION. listen, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?.

the ANSWER, in the Spiritual Gifts, supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:9 "To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: (there is the MANIFESTATION on Pentecost) .... (smile).

1 Corinthians 12:11 "But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

divers kinds of tongues is a "MANIFESTATION" of the Lord Jesus in Spirit. and what happen on Pentecost? they spoke in divers kinds of tongues. this was the MANIFESTATION that Judas asked about.

Acts 2:1 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Acts 2:2 "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Acts 2:3 "And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance".



that's in Spirit, now when he comes in bodily Form, his "GLORIFIED" body, then "EVERY" eye will see him including you... scripture, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.



see how easy it is to answer questions, ...... Now what about reconciling John 1:3 with Isaiah 44:24.
He said you would see him come just as you seen him go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top