U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2018, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,543,046 times
Reputation: 115

Advertisements

ok, since you fellas can't see, let's put you on some Spiritual glasses. Speaking in Tongues is in Joel. Let’s see it clearly. Joel 2:28 and 29 was fulfilled on Pentecost. Scripture, Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel”. the apostle Peter confirms, what was happening on Pentecost was what Joel said.

Now this, Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance”. the Spirit ... gave utterance? Yes the Spirit. And what was poured out? Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit. STOP, it was the Spirit that was the tongue speaker in the apostle on the day of Pentecost. Now what are the gifts/Manifestation of the Spirit, let’s zero in on the one we’re discussing. Scripture,

1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues”.

See, speaking in tongue is in the Spirit, and the Spirit was poured out on Pentecost, JUST AS JOEL SAID. If one was physically looking for the the term “Speaking in Tongues” in Joel you will never see it, because it’s in the Spirit, it's a GIFT, or a MANIFESTATION of the Spirit. And in 1 Corinthians at the start of the List of Gifts we see this,

1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal”. the what? The “MANIFESTATION” of who? The Spirit.

Now, just like you didn’t see “Speaking in Tongues” in Joel, listen, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. And what did Judas say? Next verse, John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?”. HOW by the Spiritual Gifts.

How easy is it. the scripture are true,

Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

you fellas are still on milk.

else prove me wrong.... (smile).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2018, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,543,046 times
Reputation: 115
Now if you fellas still can't get it, let the bible make it clear who the Comforter is.


Listen, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. READ THAT VERSE OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

you can't even pay someone to lead you wrong on that verse.

see when the Lord Jesus said "I WILL COME TO YOU", and dwell in you. that audience relevance. you is the apostle that he was talking to. .... (smile).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 01:33 PM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,644,835 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
ok, since you fellas can't see, let's put you on some Spiritual glasses. Speaking in Tongues is in Joel. Let’s see it clearly. Joel 2:28 and 29 was fulfilled on Pentecost. Scripture, Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel”. the apostle Peter confirms, what was happening on Pentecost was what Joel said.

Now this, Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance”. the Spirit ... gave utterance? Yes the Spirit. And what was poured out? Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit. STOP, it was the Spirit that was the tongue speaker in the apostle on the day of Pentecost. Now what are the gifts/Manifestation of the Spirit, let’s zero in on the one we’re discussing. Scripture,

1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues”.

See, speaking in tongue is in the Spirit, and the Spirit was poured out on Pentecost, JUST AS JOEL SAID. If one was physically looking for the the term “Speaking in Tongues” in Joel you will never see it, because it’s in the Spirit, it's a GIFT, or a MANIFESTATION of the Spirit. And in 1 Corinthians at the start of the List of Gifts we see this,

1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal”. the what? The “MANIFESTATION” of who? The Spirit.

Now, just like you didn’t see “Speaking in Tongues” in Joel, listen, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. And what did Judas say? Next verse, John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?”. HOW by the Spiritual Gifts.

How easy is it. the scripture are true,

Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

you fellas are still on milk.

else prove me wrong.... (smile).

Your points are irrelevant! Jeez! Understand what is spoken about his return. Deal with the verses I posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 01:33 PM
Status: "be angry and sin not!" (set 13 days ago)
 
4,697 posts, read 1,227,267 times
Reputation: 244
yes he does promise the holy spirit as it is his KINGDOM.. in our hearts.. his kingdom and his spirit of life.. came into men's hearts then at Pentecost ! The tongues of fire on their heads is just a (surity)?)deposit of a full body make over in the Tabernacles of the Righteous ..
yes 101 is right His government came into men's heart then. but that was not the promised coming at the end of the ages ( mathew 24) He just gave men a deposit and promises and legally binding / surity(sp?)( security) deposit..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 01:34 PM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,644,835 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Now if you fellas still can't get it, let the bible make it clear who the Comforter is.


Listen, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. READ THAT VERSE OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

you can't even pay someone to lead you wrong on that verse.

see when the Lord Jesus said "I WILL COME TO YOU", and dwell in you. that audience relevance. you is the apostle that he was talking to. .... (smile).

No one is arguing against the idea that the NT shows that the Spirit came at Pentecost. Your whole point is a strawman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,543,046 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
No one is arguing against the idea that the NT shows that the Spirit came at Pentecost. Your whole point is a strawman.
well then don't worry about it, it's NOT for you. but for those who seek the Lord and will see it.

so I leave with Revelation 22:11.

Good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,543,046 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
No one is arguing against the idea that the NT shows that the Spirit came at Pentecost. Your whole point is a strawman.
nor am I,
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

see, you have no understanding that the Lord Jesus is ..... the First Conforter who came in "FLESH", and returned in Spirit without flesh, meaning he's the "ANOTHER" Comforter without flesh.... (smile).. LOL.

see, another is the Greek word G243 ALLOS, listen, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. "SAME "SORT".

source: Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words
you have no clue, do you...... (smile).... LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 02:17 PM
 
593 posts, read 163,597 times
Reputation: 42
What is said by the speaker of tongue? Without an interpreter, then is gibberish talking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
14,913 posts, read 5,002,235 times
Reputation: 1521
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
ok, since you fellas can't see, let's put you on some Spiritual glasses. Speaking in Tongues is in Joel. Let’s see it clearly. Joel 2:28 and 29 was fulfilled on Pentecost. Scripture, Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel”. the apostle Peter confirms, what was happening on Pentecost was what Joel said.

Now this, Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance”. the Spirit ... gave utterance? Yes the Spirit. And what was poured out? Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit. STOP, it was the Spirit that was the tongue speaker in the apostle on the day of Pentecost. Now what are the gifts/Manifestation of the Spirit, let’s zero in on the one we’re discussing. Scripture,

1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues”.

See, speaking in tongue is in the Spirit, and the Spirit was poured out on Pentecost, JUST AS JOEL SAID. If one was physically looking for the the term “Speaking in Tongues” in Joel you will never see it, because it’s in the Spirit, it's a GIFT, or a MANIFESTATION of the Spirit. And in 1 Corinthians at the start of the List of Gifts we see this,

1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal”. the what? The “MANIFESTATION” of who? The Spirit.

Now, just like you didn’t see “Speaking in Tongues” in Joel, listen, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. And what did Judas say? Next verse, John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?”. HOW by the Spiritual Gifts.

How easy is it. the scripture are true,

Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

you fellas are still on milk.

else prove me wrong.... (smile).
No, you don't know what speaking in tongues is and they are not made to confuse.

Again, you are quoting scripture spoken to Gentiles who accepted the religion of Jesus, that is not modern Christianity.

You are speaking of gifts of the 7 feast days dude. You may as well speak of Ramadan and talk about the great things about Muslim Holy days, they are not your holy days, and so why do you speak of the gifts of Holy days if you don't love and practice them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,543,046 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
What is said by the speaker of tongue? Without an interpreter, then is gibberish talking.
excuse me Speaking in OTHER tongue need no interpreter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top