U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 03:27 PM

14,824 posts, read 4,973,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
excuse me Speaking in OTHER tongue need no interpreter.
One of your problems is not knowing how 1 Corinthians 14 was written, they wrote two letters to Paul about all the ridiculous things they were teaching.

Paul quotes what they say, and then he mocks and rebukes them for saying it.

Read where they say that women should not speak in church and if they had anything to say, they should ask their husbands when they get home....

The very next scripture is the rebuke after Paul has quoted what they say, not what he said.

WHAT? Did the word of God originate with you people or did it come to you only?

Chapter 7 begins,'' Now concerning the things you wrote unto me.''

From that chapter through the next 7 chapters, Paul is quoting what they say, and then rebuking them..........The word,'' WHAT?,'' in capitol letters with a question mark follows things they said where Paul is saying, '' WHAT?''' IN Shock.

There is literally NO ONE who can really decipher what Paul is saying or where he is quoting through those 7 chapters. I know this because I spent a year just trying to figure out those 7 chapters, and I know it cannot be done 100 percent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
On Pentecost at Mount Sinai, God spoke to the whole world and when God spoke, everyone heard in their own language. The ground was quaking, there was a trumpet sounding louder and louder and if you can imagine the most terrifying thing you could imagine, it would have to been there when the words not only quaked the ground, but God's words were literally seen as waves in the air.

This frightened the poeple so bad that they begged Moses to NEVER let God speak to them again lest they died.

God hovered over them in a fire and his words were as fire sounding above all Israel.

God had heard their plea and so at the next Pentecost tongues of fire hovered over the heads of those who spoke in order to represent God's voice speaking through them just as it was at the mountain with a mixed multitude that did not all speak the same language.......When God spoke, everyone heard in their own language and there was NO confusion.

Now you say you speak in tongues as if God's voice is quaking through you as it did with those disciples where everyone heard in their own language, and so you must be speaking in tongues to people of another language......

To speak to people in a language of your own making is not representing God, and where it is to be a witness to the unbeliever, you have made it a witness against Christianity just like I did.

Instead of proof to the unbeliever, we show ourselves as mad, as people confused. Besides this, if it were real tongues, it wouldn't be the same syllables over and over. I remember the preacher at that Florida Brownsfield thing with his tongues saying,'' Nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanana.

One syllable over and over, that is called meditation, not tongues.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:26 PM

3,671 posts, read 1,538,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
One of your problems is not knowing how 1 Corinthians 14 was written, they wrote two letters to Paul about all the ridiculous things they were teaching.

Paul quotes what they say, and then he mocks and rebukes them for saying it.

Read where they say that women should not speak in church and if they had anything to say, they should ask their husbands when they get home....

The very next scripture is the rebuke after Paul has quoted what they say, not what he said.

WHAT? Did the word of God originate with you people or did it come to you only?

Chapter 7 begins,'' Now concerning the things you wrote unto me.''

From that chapter through the next 7 chapters, Paul is quoting what they say, and then rebuking them..........The word,'' WHAT?,'' in capitol letters with a question mark follows things they said where Paul is saying, '' WHAT?''' IN Shock.

There is literally NO ONE who can really decipher what Paul is saying or where he is quoting through those 7 chapters. I know this because I spent a year just trying to figure out those 7 chapters, and I know it cannot be done 100 percent.
First, who interpreted on the day of Pentecost?. you need to get your setting right first.

second, you said, "Read where they say that women should not speak in church and if they had anything to say, they should ask their husbands when they get home...".

are you that so far sighted? the apostle Paul was not even speaking to WIVES in the Church. he was speaking to their Husbands. before they "SPEAK" they should know when and how to Speak. they should learn at home before they come to CHURCH and speak. my God how hard is it.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:27 PM

583 posts, read 161,056 times
Quote:
Yes, "speaking in OTHER tongue need no interpreter" if it is Spirit Himself who is giving the message. Otherwise, an interpreter is needed. We all speak Filipino and can understand what the spirit of Ama is saying. Hence, no interpreter.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
First, who interpreted on the day of Pentecost?. you need to get your setting right first.

second, you said, "Read where they say that women should not speak in church and if they had anything to say, they should ask their husbands when they get home...".

are you that so far sighted? the apostle Paul was not even speaking to WIVES in the Church. he was speaking to their Husbands. before they "SPEAK" they should know when and how to Speak. they should learn at home before they come to CHURCH and speak. my God how hard is it.
Paul quoted what the Corinth church said of women and immediately mocked and rebuked them for saying what they said.

AGAIN, God spoke and everyone heard in their own language, AGAIN, the dicsiples spoke and everyone heard in their own language.

If somebody in a church is speaking a foriegn language, it is because a foreign unbeliever is standing there and he is atonished to hear in his own language and interprets what he heafs BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS HEARING.

You get somebody speaking gibberish in a church where somebody gets it in their mind that God has given an interpretation, that is simply people speaking from their own imagination, and people call this prophesy lol.

Tongues are for the unbeliever, not for believers to come and speak gibberish while some other person takes it upon themselves to interpret for their church.......There wouldn't be any tongues unless a foreigner was present.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:18 PM

Here is an idea, we get 5 Christians to speak in tongues to prove their holy spirit, and I will stand 5 Atheists up against them to do the same thing.

Which 5 have proven that they are indwelled with power from on high?

Old 11-06-2018, 07:26 PM

20,402 posts, read 9,831,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Here is an idea, we get 5 Christians to speak in tongues to prove their holy spirit, and I will stand 5 Atheists up against them to do the same thing.

Which 5 have proven that they are indwelled with power from on high?
Those who speak a known language; not gibberish, bunkum or balderdash.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:45 PM

It aint an easy thing to stop speaking in tongues and I try and avoid the conversation because I know how personal it really is. Every bad thought, every good event, and every bad event, I had my tongues and I knew I was speaking to God, and I almost always cried. 40 years of speaking in tongues every single day, very many times a day. It becomes a part of a person.

I just decided to go where the truth led, where common sense led. You don't meet many people who speak on tongues for decades and then stop.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Yes, "speaking in OTHER tongue need no interpreter" if it is Spirit Himself who is giving the message. Otherwise, an interpreter is needed. We all speak Filipino and can understand what the spirit of Ama is saying. Hence, no interpreter.
thank you, what most christian get confused on is an OTHER tongue vs an UNKNOWN tongue. and other tongue is another LANGUAGE. on Pentecost it was a "KNOWN" tongue or Language to the hearer. no need for a translator. now if the apostle was speaking in an unknow tongue, they would have never beeen speaking to the men from their own country.

UNDERSTAND, 1 Corinthians 14:2 "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries".

UNKNOWN tongues are not for men, but God. 1 Corinthians 14:13 "Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret".

1 Corinthians 14:27 "If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

1 Corinthians 14:28 "But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

this is at church, now if you're at home, that's on you.

conclusion: 1 Corinthians 14:21 "In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. (STOP, menof "other", other, other, not unknown.

1 Corinthians 14:22 "Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

the speaking of "OTHER" tongues are for other nantions, other Languages in your midst, where was this written in the Law? Deuteronomy 28:49 "The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand". WHY did the Lord do this? to witness to them, scripture, Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people". why do you think Daniel and the Hebrews boys who was thrown in the fiery furnish was sent to Babylon.

most christian think that they was carried off by the Babylonians, no it was God way or plan of sending to Babylon. to witness to other nations.

so OTHER or ANOTHER TONGUES needs no interpreter if they is someone of another Langue or Tongue to hear what God is saying.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:35 AM

Now back to the topic at Hand.

the Lord Jesus came to us as the Comforter in Flesh, John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth".

and then he returned as Comforter without flesh, which is the "ANOTHER" Comforter.

supportive scripture, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity