Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 10:02 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times

Advertisements

Well I guess so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 04:28 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Today is the day we live for tomorrow we will die, then comes the resurrection.
There will be no thousand year reign, as a thousand years is but a day.
In our limited view a day is a 24-hr. day, but in God's unlimited view a thousand-year day is as a day.
Since Christ's day then in Gods' eyes only two (2) days have passed.
So, Christ's millennium-long day is a thousand-year day.
Satan is Not bound for a 24-hr. day but for 1,000 years as per Rev. 20:2. See also Rev.20:6 B.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:38 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Matthew 24: 29
29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’[b]
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
Jesus said he will return and be VISIBLE in the sky to where the whole earth will see him. He said it would happen to the generation of people he was speaking to.
Preterism isn't the answer either; Jesus said his return would be visible to all the tribes of the earth. VISIBLE.
" Immediately " is Not in time, but in events. Matthew 24:29 bridges over a long period of time to Revelation chapter 6.
The modern-day 'great tribulation' of Rev. 7:14 has No opening point of specific time.
Jesus gave us a composite sign for both the first century and for us at Matthew 24 and Luke 21.
The ' minor ' generation fulfillment came in the year 70 when the Roman armies destroyed un-faithful Jerusalem.
The ' MAJOR ' generation fulfillment is for our day as stressed at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
When Jesus as Shepherd will separate people at this 'time of separation' placing righteous people at his right hand of favor.
They will come through the great tribulation and can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into calendar Day One of Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:49 PM

11,085 posts, read 7,149,943 times
How about Jesus being seen in others? In other words, people modeling Jesus's life and ministry to others, as he commanded us to do. That would be more effective - and showing true change and 'new life' in others - than him simply reappearing again.

We are the ones to change and 'be Jesus' to others; not depend on him to come back and do everything for us.

I see no failure on Jesus' part, but I can see failure on ours.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
How about Jesus being seen in others? In other words, people modeling Jesus's life and ministry to others, as he commanded us to do. That would be more effective - and showing true change and 'new life' in others - than him simply reappearing again.

We are the ones to change and 'be Jesus' to others; not depend on him to come back and do everything for us.

Too many Christians, especially those of the fundie sub-sects, would much rather talk the talk* than walk the walk.

Good post. Too soon...

*Say the Magic Words To Jesus and then live a nasty fundie life.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:57 PM

241 posts, read 95,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
ERROR, get is right.

Mark 9:1 "And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power."

Matthew 16:28 "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Luke 9:27 "But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

understand, there is a two fold return to our Lord's coming back. First in Spirit, and then in flesh and bone, where every eye will see him.

PICYJAG.

Luke 13:6-9

World English Bible (WEB)

He spoke this parable. “A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it, and found none. He said to the vine dresser, ‘Behold, these three years I have come looking for fruit on this fig tree, and found none. Cut it down. Why does it waste the soil?’ He answered, ‘Lord, leave it alone this year also, until I dig around it, and fertilize it. If it bears fruit, fine; but if not, after that, you can cut it down.’”

Luke 8:5-8

“The farmer went out to sow his seed. As he sowed, some fell along the road, and it was trampled under foot, and the birds of the sky devoured it. Other seed fell on the rock, and as soon as it grew, it withered away, because it had no moisture. Other fell amid the thorns, and the thorns grew with it, and choked it. Other fell into the good ground, and grew, and produced one hundred times as much fruit.” As he said these things, he called out, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

Interpretation:

Luke 8:11-15

Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those along the road are those who hear, then the devil comes, and takes away the word from their heart, that they may not believe and be saved. Those on the rock are they who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; but these have no root, who believe for a while, then fall away in time of temptation. That which fell among the thorns, these are those who have heard, and as they go on their way they are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. That in the good ground, these are such as in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, hold it tightly, and produces fruit with patience

Matthew 24:43-44 (KJV)
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Today is the day we live for tomorrow we will die, then comes the resurrection.
There will be no thousand year reign, as a thousand years is but a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
In our limited view a day is a 24-hr. day, but in God's unlimited view a thousand-year day is as a day.

Since Christ's day then in Gods' eyes only two (2) days have passed.
So, Christ's millennium-long day is a thousand-year day.

Satan is Not bound for a 24-hr. day but for 1,000 years as per Rev. 20:2. See also Rev.20:6 B.
I understand the thousand year reign theology of men and their doctrines of Satan, however I disagree.
And I don't see it as being a thousand years predicated on a six day/six thousand year creation story.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:31 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Matthew 24: 29

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days

“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’[b]

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Jesus said he will return and be VISIBLE in the sky to where the whole earth will see him. He said it would happen to the generation of people he was speaking to.

Preterism isn't the answer either; Jesus said his return would be visible to all the tribes of the earth. VISIBLE.
Preterism is a Christian eschatological view that interprets some (partial preterism) or all (full preterism) prophecies of the Bible as events which have already happened.

This school of thought interprets the Book of Daniel as referring to events that happened from the 7th century BC until the first century AD, while seeing the prophecies of Revelation as events that happened in the first century AD. Preterism holds that Ancient Israel finds its continuation or fulfillment in the Christian church at the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70.

- Wikipedia

Preterism is also extremely anti-semitic in that it excludes Jews from eschatological consideration. The Bible truly teaches that Jews are the oracle of God and that the State of Israel is an integral part of End Times prophecy and the revealed Will of God.

Israel has not been displaced by the church. Preterism and Dispensationalism and Replacement Theology all make this erroneous assertion. Read Romans chapters 9, 10 & 11. Israel as a people and as a nation has not been replaced or usurped by the church.

Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
- Jesus as quoted by Luke 21:24b

In June of 1967 the Israel Defense Force liberated the city of Jerusalem. For the first time in more than two thousand years the city was under the control of a Jewish government. Beginning at that time, the fortunes of the church began to circle the drain of history. From that time until today, the church has become more and more confused about its mission and less and less of a high moral standard. The church is withering - according to Jesus' prophecy.

The FACTS of history prove Preterism wrong. The State of Israel exists for all the world to see. All the world hates it because it goes against everything the world wants for itself. Preterism Dispensationalism and Replacement Theology exalts itself and demonizes the intent of scripture. It is lie and innuendo. It has its origin in and support of the world system - the system of satan.

Anti-Semitism is growing in the world and in America. It must be recognized for the hateful wrong it truly is. Preterism is part of it. Hate is not what Christians ought to embrace.

It is time to humbly repent of SIN and wickedness and to seek God and His ways instead of our own. Jesus is indeed returning and may in fact be already at the door. Time is short.

Repent now.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 10-30-2018, 09:16 AM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post

Don't judge whether or not Christ is present based on the reactions from others...

It is an incorrect assumption to believe people will automatically welcome Christ with open arms when He is presented. It certainly did not happen when He was on the earth.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post

It is time to humbly repent of SIN and wickedness and to seek God and His ways instead of our own. Jesus is indeed returning and may in fact be already at the door. Time is short.

Repent now.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
It is time to repent from the belief that believing right things about the bible and Jesus is the way. His way is a way of righteousness. Righteousness has got nothing to do with quitting sin, but everything to do with living how God intends and desires us too...... rooted and established in the love of God, being all that he is to a world that believes it is separated from God due to the constant condemnation of it by self appointed religious nut jobs from down the ages who out of fear of hell have embraced such a false concept, they dare not entertain the thought they could be wrong in that false concept in fear of ending up separated from God in the hell they fear .

That's just me exposing the false belief systems of bible fundamentalists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity