U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-30-2018, 10:44 AM
 
10,618 posts, read 2,710,396 times
Reputation: 7192

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Don't judge whether or not Christ is present based on the reactions from others...

It is an incorrect assumption to believe people will automatically welcome Christ with open arms when He is presented. It certainly did not happen when He was on the earth.
Doesnt the bible say people will mourn when they see God coming on the clouds?

I read something not long ago, cannot remember what verse it is, but it stated that the 'world/nations' would try to make war on the returned Christ,they will see it as a threat to their power and control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-30-2018, 11:18 AM
 
Location: New England
32,225 posts, read 21,111,453 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Don't judge whether or not Christ is present based on the reactions from others...

It is an incorrect assumption to believe people will automatically welcome Christ with open arms when He is presented. It certainly did not happen when He was on the earth.
He would be flat out rejected by the bible fundamentalists if he appeared today, he would be around everyone you believe God's condemnation is on them, and that alone would cause you to reject him. He would not be preaching from the scriptures everytime he opened his mouth, just like he didn't last time he showed up in the flesh, and he would scold the fundamentalists for having a view of the world he so loves as the scribes and pharisees had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 11:47 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,172,359 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He would be flat out rejected by the bible fundamentalists if he appeared today, he would be around everyone you believe God's condemnation is on them, and that alone would cause you to reject him. He would not be preaching from the scriptures everytime he opened his mouth, just like he didn't last time he showed up in the flesh, and he would scold the fundamentalists for having a view of the world he so loves as the scribes and pharisees had.
As usual, you’re on point today with all your posts. Preach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,497 posts, read 15,453,012 times
Reputation: 11415
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Doesnt the bible say people will mourn when they see God coming on the clouds?

I read something not long ago, cannot remember what verse it is, but it stated that the 'world/nations' would try to make war on the returned Christ,they will see it as a threat to their power and control.
If it's after Revelation 4, it's possible...

Context matters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 11:50 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,172,359 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Doesnt the bible say people will mourn when they see God coming on the clouds?

I read something not long ago, cannot remember what verse it is, but it stated that the 'world/nations' would try to make war on the returned Christ,they will see it as a threat to their power and control.
Again, pretty sure the “world” being referred to is religious in nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,497 posts, read 15,453,012 times
Reputation: 11415
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He would be flat out rejected by the bible fundamentalists if he appeared today, he would be around everyone you believe God's condemnation is on them, and that alone would cause you to reject him. He would not be preaching from the scriptures everytime he opened his mouth, just like he didn't last time he showed up in the flesh, and he would scold the fundamentalists for having a view of the world he so loves as the scribes and pharisees had.
There's nothing really relevant here to which I feel the need to respond.

But hey - your day is coming when all Bible believers will be gone. I'm sure you will enjoy it if you are physically alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 12:13 PM
 
Location: New England
32,225 posts, read 21,111,453 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There's nothing really relevant here to which I feel the need to respond.

But hey - your day is coming when all Bible believers will be gone. I'm sure you will enjoy it if you are physically alive.
Yes, Jesus is going to slay the lot of you with his word, like the last lot of fundamentaists that opposed him. Who hated everything he did because he associated himself with all they believed were unworthy of God never mind his love that is beyond grasping.

Like i said, you showed where your heart is towards the world in stating that Christ as left it, the believers heart is where Christ is and Christ is in all.. You have a poor opinion of it(the world) and believe it can only be loved by God through acceptance of your beliefs about Jesus and the bible. It is so oved of God, leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 12:21 PM
 
20,411 posts, read 9,831,311 times
Reputation: 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes, Jesus is going to slay the lot of you with his word, like the last lot of fundamentaists that opposed him. Who hated everything he did because he associated himself with all they believed were unworthy of God never mind his love that is beyond grasping.

Like i said, you showed where your heart is towards the world in stating that Christ as left it, the believers heart is where Christ is and Christ is in all... You have a poor opinion of it (the world) and believe it can only be loved by God through acceptance of your beliefs about Jesus and the bible. It is so loved of God, leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 12:57 PM
 
583 posts, read 161,056 times
Reputation: 37
Jesus Christ has returned but people did not notice it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2018, 01:19 PM
Status: "Smacking fundies." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,829 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Reputation: 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Jesus Christ has returned but people did not notice it.

Get a flashier halo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top