Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 09:16 PM

241 posts, read 95,060 times

Advertisements

interfaith is not bad; it is what jesus intended.

an advocate of peace, jesus, would not be throwing stones at those who advocated interfaith; in fact, jesus condoned the intergration of faiths because he advocated peace , not comdemnation.

jesus taught that the second most important teaching is this: love thy neighbor as thyself.

although i dont adhere to a denomination, i believe interfaith is the embodiment of christ, for jesus often advocated peace--not judgement

Last edited by spiros7; 10-21-2018 at 09:33 PM..

Old 10-21-2018, 09:42 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post

an advocate of peace, jesus, would not be throwing stones at those who advocated interfaith; in fact, jesus condoned the intergration of faiths because he advocated peace , not comdemnation.

jesus taught that the second most important teaching is this: love thy neighbor as thyself.

although i dont adhere to a denomination, i believe interfaith is the embodiment of christ, for jesus often advocated peace--not judgement
No. The Elect are told not to marry unbelievers. If you are not a true believer, I guess you can do whatever you please

Old 10-21-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
No. The Elect are told not to marry unbelievers. If you are not a true believer, I guess you can do whatever you please
what is the elect?

Old 10-21-2018, 09:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
what is the elect?

God's Special-est Snowflakes ever! Just ask Sum+Tingy=0.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
God's Special-est Snowflakes ever! Just ask Sum+Tingy=0.
i read about an employment test that differiates the snowflakes from the other candidates. is that the snowflake u are referring too? i dont follow politics; i am neither liberal or conservative. i tend to get along with both.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:04 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Interfaith that embraces Christ through Jesus Christ and His authorship , as many other beliefs reject the commandments of Jesus Christ

Old 10-22-2018, 05:19 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Interfaith that embraces Christ through Jesus Christ and His authorship , as many other beliefs reject the commandments of Jesus Christ
Wouldn't "embracing Christ through Jesus Christ" mean that the "other faith" has to be Christian as well? And what do you mean by his authorship? Paul's personal letters?

There are many Muslims that accept most if not all of Jesus' stated (directly) pacifist and otherwise commandments, but they only see Jesus as a Jewish/Abrahamic Messiah not a Greek Christ. To them Jesus is not God, but the son of God and Last Messiah as promised in Jewish scripture, since King David was also a Messiah.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:50 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
GINOLJC, to all.

The danger of *Syncretism*. The Lord God almighty, JESUS, is calling his Church out of the effect of Judaism, and any other religion that do not teach his truth completely. he warns them of the stumbling-block that each church have, (see the churches of revelation chapter 2 & 3), and rebuke or commend each respectively. the danger of*Syncretism lay or is embedded in the type, or kind of Leadership one have to hear and is taught by. So the Lord Jesus makes it very clear to all "his" churches that are called by his name to follow him, the WAY of Holiness.

OT, Isaiah 35:8 "And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein".

NT, 1 Peter 1:14-20 "As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you".

God has not changed, "holiness" was here before the world began, and will always be here if you are not.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:29 AM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:

Define what you mean by 'interfaith.' Are you referring to 'interfaith' between various Christian denominations, or are you referring more broadly to 'interfaith' between Christianity and the various non-christian religions of the world?

Even if you are referring to the more narrow sense of interfaith between different Christian denominations, while there can be flexibility on the non-essentials, there is to be no compromise on doctrines that are essential to core Christian beliefs. There is only one true Gospel message. Any other gospel is false and not to be embraced. Ecumenism at the expense of truth is evil.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Define what you mean by 'interfaith.' Are you referring to 'interfaith' between various Christian denominations, or are you referring more broadly to 'interfaith' between Christianity and the various non-christian religions of the world?

Even if you are referring to the more narrow sense of interfaith between different Christian denominations, while there can be flexibility on the non-essentials, there is to be no compromise on doctrines that are essential to core Christian beliefs. There is only one true Gospel message. Any other gospel is false and not to be embraced. Ecumenism at the expense of truth is evil.
no. no. this has nothing to do with creating schisms or self righteouslty codemnimg other faiths.

in my opinion, the sermon of the mount illustrates how we should regard others, including those who we disagree with. i dont condone judging nor do i condone condemning those who have different beliefs

jesus said that the 2nd most important teaching is this: love tht neighbor as thyself

i break down the bible differently. i qoute the canonical gospels before a pauline or any other book of the bible. i dont qoute hebrews, corinthians or another before the canonical gospels( luke, mark, john, mathew)

this is my own interpretation; i dont teach people to regard the bible differently

bible:

Matthew 5:5, 7-11, 22-26 (WEBM)
5 Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people reproach you, persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
22 But I tell you, that everyone who is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment; and whoever shall say to his brother, ‘You good-for-nothing! ’ shall be in danger of the council; and whoever shall say, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of the fire of Gehinnom.
23 “If therefore you are offering your gift at the altar, and there remember that your brother has anything against you,
24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are with him on the way; lest perhaps the prosecutor deliver you to the judge, and the judge deliver you to the officer, and you be cast into prison.
26 Most certainly I tell you, you shall by no means get out of there, until you have paid the last penny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity