U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2018, 09:17 AM

15,354 posts, read 12,114,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Yeshua is just the Hebrew name of JESUS, just covering God Name in English and Hebrew. no harm.
PICYJAG
My gosh, 101c, I'd hope no one here would think i am that uninformed!
I could never, personally, say to a crowd, I do speak to groups...'Peace in Christ'...Peace is enough....there are too many that it would turn off... or even offend...and then where would their Peace be!!?

Yeshua ben Joseph or Yosef is what I know, btw.

An atheist knows what Yeshua stands for. Why put a burr in their saddle by wishing them peace in Yeshua or Christ?
Will it suddenly make them believe in him?
No, it is just an irritant, my friend....that is my perspective. I still love ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 11:07 AM

3,671 posts, read 1,536,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
My gosh, 101c, I'd hope no one here would think i am that uninformed!
I could never, personally, say to a crowd, I do speak to groups...'Peace in Christ'...Peace is enough....there are too many that it would turn off... or even offend...and then where would their Peace be!!?

Yeshua ben Joseph or Yosef is what I know, btw.

An atheist knows what Yeshua stands for. Why put a burr in their saddle by wishing them peace in Yeshua or Christ?
Will it suddenly make them believe in him?
No, it is just an irritant, my friend....that is my perspective. I still love ya.
first thanks for the reply, second, I didn't think so.

and yes, peace is enough. but when we speak to groups, and when the name Yeshua is used, many are interested in the name. it's added to their vocabulary, if not already.

we find many who embrace the name right up front when they know what it is and stand for.

and yes one or two was turned off when they first heard it, but the word of God, either in Jesus name or Yeshua is just effective.

sorry if it irritates, but this is the way of Christ. and in some circle the name Jesus is an offense to some.

but me personally, I have never encountered any.

PICYJAG.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:14 AM

Good post back, 101...

Old 11-03-2018, 11:50 AM

maybe many other don't see is the POWER of forgivness, not only of God, which is our salvation base. but one another.

yes, we have favor with God, but what about men in general. the classic eaxmple of Jacob and Esau. even though, "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated", say the LORD, but was not Esau blessed also. yes, Jacob got the blessing and the birthright, but at what cost?.

yes, many people say I'm blessed, and have favor with God, and their LIFE is going nowhere.

it's Holy hell in one's life when doing wrong, especially aganist their own sister or brother. have favor of God, but God is no respector of person, Jacob caught Holy Hell in his life, for that birthright and favor of God.

for the Lord Jesus said these words, "Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you".

yes, we zero in on Loving one another ..... hmmmm... but what about the POWER of FORGIVNESS, do we practice it enough?

when Esau and Jacob meet again, Jacob was afraid, he thought that his brother would come to him with a sword in his hand. but no, Esau came with forgiveness in "HIS" heart and weep on his brothers neck. WOW, the Power of Forgiveness. and did we hear what Esau said when his brother tried to give him gifts, "Esau said, I have enough". my my my, even Hated by God, yet have enough.

as with Joseph and his brothers who sold him into slavery. he weep ed on their necks also, "Forgiveness".

maybe I'm only seeing this. but just take a look at "forgiveness" and it's Power from God prospective.

is not "Forgiveness" is what the bible is all about?.

PICYJAG.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:56 AM

Save me time....where is that verse, Verily...publicans, etc...thanks.

It does seem the Bible is about forgiveness...but, Who played the game to have to forgive in the first place?!
(I mean according to the story....not saying it happened this way)

Even further into the Bible in Hosea....it's all about utter forgiveness against all odds and love with no condition...
oh, that Gomer....

Old 11-03-2018, 12:56 PM

11,174 posts, read 10,991,690 times
Quote:
Thanks for asking,

it's an acronym that we place at the end of each post.
P= Peace
I= In
C=Christ
J=Jesus
Y=Yeshua
(T)he, no cross, T
A=Almighty
G=God

Peace In Christ Yeshua (t)he Almighty God.
It looks a lot like a Signature line to me.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Save me time....where is that verse, Verily...publicans, etc...thanks.

It does seem the Bible is about forgiveness...but, Who played the game to have to forgive in the first place?!
(I mean according to the story....not saying it happened this way)

Even further into the Bible in Hosea....it's all about utter forgiveness against all odds and love with no condition...
oh, that Gomer....
thanks for the reply, here it is, Matthew 21:31 "Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you".

yes, forgivness is the root of all GOOD..... (smile).

please understand, the bible is written to us who have sinned, and is sinning, and reduce our sinning. the bible is written to Adam fallen line. for there are two lines from Adam. so all of us needs forgiveness.

not only Gomer, but the man with the palsy, or the woman with the issue of blood.. ect... we can go on and on.

but all of us has played the Gomer... the harlot.

thanks.

PICYJAG.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
It looks a lot like a Signature line to me.
Colossians 3:17 "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him".

PICYJAG.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
please understand, the bible is written to us who have sinned, and are sinning, and are reduce to our sinning...
(Excuse my English Lit background correcting grammar..)
Oh, I didn't realize you were one of those that is into that 'sinning' model.

I was made in His image...I am His beloved...
I miss the mark at times...I am still His cherished one....
His eternally.

I do not identify with being 'a sinner'....you can if you prefer.
I identify with being his princess, child, beloved one...part and parcel of Him.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
(Excuse my English Lit background correcting grammar..)
Oh, I didn't realize you were one of those that is into that 'sinning' model.

I was made in His image...I am His beloved...
I miss the mark at times...I am still His cherished one....
His eternally.

I do not identify with being 'a sinner'....you can if you prefer.
I identify with being his princess, child, beloved one...part and parcel of Him.
1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us".

where was sin condemned at? Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:"

Romans 8:4 "That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:8 "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Romans 8:10 "And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Romans 8:11 "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you".

Now we ask you Miss H, is your mortal body "QUICKEN" right now? I'll be looking for that answer.

PICYJAG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or