U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-23-2018, 02:28 PM
 
20,385 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Reputation: 1677

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you consider the Scriptures worthless, disregarding Jesus' high view of the Scriptures, then your relationship with God is very poor indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You do not need the Scriptures to have a relationship with God, neither would it mean, you have a poor understanding?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you don't believe what God has revealed in His written word then you have a very poor temporal relationship with God. And a very poor understanding, as is the case with you.
A poor understanding is anything that disagrees with you? LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-23-2018, 02:33 PM
 
21,839 posts, read 16,687,197 times
Reputation: 8661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A poor understanding is anything that disagrees with you? LMAO
A poor understanding, as well as a rejection of God's word, is anything that disagrees with the apostles who were chosen by Jesus to spread the gospel and who said that what they taught is not the word of men, but the word of God as per 1 Thessalonians 2:13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2018, 02:47 PM
 
20,385 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Reputation: 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
A poor understanding, as well as a rejection of God's word, is anything that disagrees with the apostles who were chosen by Jesus to spread the gospel and who said that what they taught is not the word of men, but the word of God as per 1 Thessalonians 2:13.
I am sure he knows the thoughts and intentions of the heart (yours and mine) without the use of the Scriptures. Unfortunately, people like yourself would rather hold others in bondage to a belief system, than see them walking in the Spirit of truth - that which comes from within the heart (Spirit) and soul of the person themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2018, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,376 posts, read 12,129,606 times
Reputation: 16623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am sure he knows the thoughts and intentions of the
heart (yours and mine) without the use of the Scriptures.
Amen. Yup.
And that's all we are saying...again we aren't enemies here, Mike and others.
Finger Moon, finger Moon....people can actually look at the Moon without someone pointing to it...
shocking, right?
But, true!

Just because you needed a finger to point to it, that's fine....but, no need to worship the finger!
Now you have the actual Moon! Yay!
No need to put anyone down saying we couldn't possibly know the Moon, because we didn't see the finger pointing to it first ..like you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2018, 02:57 PM
 
40,054 posts, read 26,735,309 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am sure he knows the thoughts and intentions of the heart (yours and mine) without the use of the Scriptures. Unfortunately, people like yourself would rather hold others in bondage to a belief system, than see them walking in the Spirit of truth - that which comes from within the heart (Spirit) and soul of the person themselves.
Amen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2018, 02:57 PM
 
1,382 posts, read 486,925 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
A poor understanding, as well as a rejection of God's word, is anything that disagrees with the apostles who were chosen by Jesus to spread the gospel and who said that what they taught is not the word of men, but the word of God as per 1 Thessalonians 2:13.

The supposed writer of 1 Thessalonians 2:13, was the self professed apostle Paul, and per John 5:31, makes his testimony "not true". "Satan" appears to be his partner. (1 Timothy 1:20) Neither Luke, nor Mark were chosen as "apostles".


New American Standard Bible John 5:31
"If I alone testify about Myself, My testimony is not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2018, 04:14 PM
Status: "Living rent-free in Mr. Wade’s head" (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
16,348 posts, read 8,896,576 times
Reputation: 1653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
A poor understanding, as well as a rejection of God's word, is anything that disagrees with the apostles who were chosen by Jesus to spread the gospel and who said that what they taught is not the word of men, but the word of God as per 1 Thessalonians 2:13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2018, 04:42 PM
 
21,839 posts, read 16,687,197 times
Reputation: 8661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am sure he knows the thoughts and intentions of the heart (yours and mine) without the use of the Scriptures. Unfortunately, people like yourself would rather hold others in bondage to a belief system, than see them walking in the Spirit of truth - that which comes from within the heart (Spirit) and soul of the person themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Amen. Yup.
And that's all we are saying...again we aren't enemies here, Mike and others.
Finger Moon, finger Moon....people can actually look at the Moon without someone pointing to it...
shocking, right?
But, true!

Just because you needed a finger to point to it, that's fine....but, no need to worship the finger!
Now you have the actual Moon! Yay!
No need to put anyone down saying we couldn't possibly know the Moon, because we didn't see the finger pointing to it first ..like you did.
Intentions without correct beliefs are meaningless. The apostles themselves warned against wrong beliefs and false teachers. Since God is truth one must worship not only in spirit, but in truth. Without correct beliefs you don't have the truth.

2 John 1:9 Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.

2 Tim. 1:13 Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

If you reject the apostolic teachings and think you are worshiping in truth, you are deceiving yourselves. If you mix new age beliefs with Christianity, you are being deceived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2018, 05:07 PM
 
Location: New England
32,225 posts, read 21,104,768 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Intentions without correct beliefs are meaningless. The apostles themselves warned against wrong beliefs and false teachers. Since God is truth one must worship not only in spirit, but in truth. Without correct beliefs you don't have the truth.

2 John 1:9 Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.

2 Tim. 1:13 Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

If you reject the apostolic teachings and think you are worshiping in truth, you are deceiving yourselves. If you mix new age beliefs with Christianity, you are being deceived.
Complete misuse of the scriptures to make it sound like correct doctrines are important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2018, 05:15 PM
 
Location: New Zealand
4,235 posts, read 653,284 times
Reputation: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Intentions without correct beliefs are meaningless. The apostles themselves warned against wrong beliefs and false teachers. Since God is truth one must worship not only in spirit, but in truth. Without correct beliefs you don't have the truth.

2 John 1:9 Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.

2 Tim. 1:13 Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

If you reject the apostolic teachings and think you are worshiping in truth, you are deceiving yourselves. If you mix new age beliefs with Christianity, you are being deceived.
Mike, the scriptures are not about a new covenant for Christianity separate from THE COVENANT that God made with Noah/Abraham/Isaac/Israel.

There is only one covenant and Christianity is saved by grace to enter as fellow heirs with Israel if they keep the law in spirit and truth which is “ADAM/EDOM” being “raised” as “Israel” to rule as God

The written things in the “Old Testament” are fulfilled in the “New Testament” the signs/metaphors about the future things are explained all throughout the scriptures.... like with like, not to be treated as literal things and literal history and not to be dismissed as Mesopotamia fables

The prophets were foretelling the future things of Christ/messiah/Israel, not telling us of a past Israel that went to Egypt and Babylon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top