U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2018, 11:42 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,220,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
In all honesty, I see a book written by men about a blood thirsty, genocidal racist God. I know this sounds harsh, but it is written throughout the book.
I was just talking with my husband about something like that and how men are given to such genocidal tendancies and to think just how genocidal tendencies are even considered even normal.

Like the matricial tendencies in this and really all societies..
so is it really God doing it or is yet again men doing it?

because when a confused Dude.. so why doesn't he come out of his closet like bear or a lion? He comes out of his closet looking like his mom.!and pretends to be a woman. yet woman can not say anything about it wihtout being call such horrible names.

and we are told we are to except that as "normal" and yet we are to consider say someone in the Blackface as "abnormal".. and even raciest and " genocidal" even !

and MY God had nothing to do with any of those choices.. I say it is abnomral that they do not come out of their closests dressed like bears and lions and then we would let the bears and lions explain to the confused ones what bearcildal and lionacide tendancies and what they look like.. and what is really what !

and if someone is recording such profound ignorance and confusion, it surely isn't God's doing it either !
it is from and rooted in very much mankind's state of confusion.
Matricidal and Femicide is a very real present danger in most societies today and has been since a woman and children have been found to be weaker than a man!
yet in todays world it is acceptable for a big ugly hairy brute dressed as a woman to dismiss and degrade a female in public and even in her bathrooms and other such "honor" killings, sure because "those men seek to honor their mothers" right? Oh, I'm sure they are and will claim to be.. just like blackface was honoring a nigro right? ..
but God has nothng to do with men choices or obviously what men deem "Normal" or acceptable even in this society !!

men will never be women ! but men can and do kill women everyday in one way or another.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 10-26-2018 at 11:55 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 12:19 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,415,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
No one is pretending and no one said anything about it not being available anyone.
If you have gleaned something particularly insightful you think others may not have realized
or missed in their studies...share...pure and simple.
No reason to sit on it, keeping it to yourself, right?
There are some 'baby Christians' here....this is a Path of learning and sharing and helping.
Okay, my bad. John 6:44 tells us that we do not come to God on our own, or "find Him". Without His Holy Spirit drawing us to Him, we would all be lost. Human nature is such that we want to take some credit, but in this case, we cannot. Even our decision to accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior could not be done without His Holy Spirit initiating the process.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:26 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,170,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Which is the real magic and the horror of that particular collection of parchments: Anyone can see anything they want in it -- AND consider it God-approved.

It's like giving monkeys dynamite and matches.
That is a very real problem. My hope is always that the descriptions of the God who is love will cause people to see that the depictions of God which do not mesh with love aren't coming from the same "spirit". It's got to at least give them pause, one would think.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:41 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,170,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I was just talking with my husband about something like that and how men are given to such genocidal tendancies and to think just how genocidal tendencies are even considered even normal.

Like the matricial tendencies in this and really all societies..
so is it really God doing it or is yet again men doing it?

because when a confused Dude.. so why doesn't he come out of his closet like bear or a lion? He comes out of his closet looking like his mom.!and pretends to be a woman. yet woman can not say anything about it wihtout being call such horrible names.

and we are told we are to except that as "normal" and yet we are to consider say someone in the Blackface as "abnormal".. and even raciest and " genocidal" even !

and MY God had nothing to do with any of those choices.. I say it is abnomral that they do not come out of their closests dressed like bears and lions and then we would let the bears and lions explain to the confused ones what bearcildal and lionacide tendancies and what they look like.. and what is really what !

and if someone is recording such profound ignorance and confusion, it surely isn't God's doing it either !
it is from and rooted in very much mankind's state of confusion.
Matricidal and Femicide is a very real present danger in most societies today and has been since a woman and children have been found to be weaker than a man!
yet in todays world it is acceptable for a big ugly hairy brute dressed as a woman to dismiss and degrade a female in public and even in her bathrooms and other such "honor" killings, sure because "those men seek to honor their mothers" right? Oh, I'm sure they are and will claim to be.. just like blackface was honoring a nigro right? ..
but God has nothng to do with men choices or obviously what men deem "Normal" or acceptable even in this society !!

men will never be women ! but men can and do kill women everyday in one way or another.

Can you explain how a man dressing like a woman, or someone who believes they are a woman in spite of their male physical attributes, kills women? Or even harms women in any way?

Ps. What did this have to do with maat's post about the fact that the bible often portrays God as blood thirsty, genocidal and racist? Do you agree that that is problematic?

Old 10-26-2018, 01:35 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,105,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The transferring of blame.
Is that what the serpent told you?

Old 10-26-2018, 01:42 PM

32,225 posts, read 21,107,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Is that what the serpent told you?
Told me what? , don't play games. In Genesis 3 Adam blamed his Missus and she blamed the serpent. If you see it differently then let's hear it.

Old 10-26-2018, 02:57 PM

56,082 posts, read 54,565,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
In all honesty, I see a book written by men about a blood thirsty, genocidal racist God. I know this sounds harsh, but it is written throughout the book.
That reflects the culture and way of life of the times in which those things were written.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:45 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,105,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That reflects the culture and way of life of the times in which those things were written.
No,
Bloodthirsty only reflects those who love as Cain loved.

Abstain from blood.
For vengeance is the Lords.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:44 PM

2,186 posts, read 791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
That is true in big chunks of the various books of the bible, but contradicted in many places within the same or different books of the same bible.
True. That is why I cannot accept it as divinely inspired. IMO, what makes the abrahamic religions so dangerous is that in order to believe there is divinity one has to dumb down morality and common sense. There are good aspects to take away, but the absurdities, even today, have horrific consequences. There is no rational justification for genocide, mass rape, slavery or eternal torment in hell, yet most abrahamic religious followers accept these as righteous by their God.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But in no way is defensible or moral. They might as well be saying that their god has to lower itself to their level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or