U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 05:56 PM

2,186 posts, read 793,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Can you explain how a man dressing like a woman, or someone who believes they are a woman in spite of their male physical attributes, kills women? Or even harms women in any way?

Ps. What did this have to do with maat's post about the fact that the bible often portrays God as blood thirsty, genocidal and racist? Do you agree that that is problematic?
I didnít even bother to address the post, because it was so nonsensical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 05:56 PM

32,285 posts, read 21,136,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
No,
Bloodthirsty only reflects those who love as Cain loved.

Abstain from blood.
For vengeance is the Lords.
And the Cain mentality is, someone needs to pay for this. This mentality is so powerful, even though Jacob was a supplanter , he met is twin Esau and there was no vengeance in him(Can you imagine that Pinny?, whatever you think Esau is, he was royaled screwed but yet was freely forgiving more than most of you bible fundamentalists could ever conceive to be), unlike bible fundamentalists like yourself who feel everything needs to be avenged. Talk unconditional forgiveness and you and i will be able to converse. ok

Old 10-26-2018, 06:24 PM

15,449 posts, read 12,170,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
In all honesty, I see a book written by men about a blood thirsty, genocidal racist God.
I know this sounds harsh, but it is written throughout the book.
You are right, many do not see this.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Okay, my bad. John 6:44 tells us that we do not come to God on our own, or "find Him". Without His Holy Spirit drawing us to Him, we would all be lost. Human nature is such that we want to take some credit, but in this case, we cannot. Even our decision to accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior could not be done without His Holy Spirit initiating the process.
And THAT is a big insight to point out, indeed.
I say this because if more really "got that" they would be easier on those that don't think as you do...cuz
the Holy Spirit will one day draw them, also.

The egoic mind will rear it's ugly head in some people here cuz I said that...they resent that way of thinking, I know.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:03 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,112,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And the Cain mentality is, someone needs to pay for this. This mentality is so powerful, even though Jacob was a supplanter , he met is twin Esau and there was no vengeance in him(Can you imagine that Pinny?, whatever you think Esau is, he was royaled screwed but yet was freely forgiving more than most of you bible fundamentalists could ever conceive to be), unlike bible fundamentalists like yourself who feel everything needs to be avenged. Talk unconditional forgiveness and you and i will be able to converse. ok
No,
There is an unforgivable sin.
And for you to speak against it sounds just like what Esau would say all the way to destruction for blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:30 PM

20,433 posts, read 9,849,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What do you see in the Bible you think others don't see?

That depends on who it is you mean by others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hahahaha, anyone other than yourself, my dear.

Hey, there are some very good points being made here...I won't name by whom, cuz if I forget one, dont want to hurt their feelings...but on the order of Saan And Free4you...very interesting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That each person is responsible for their own thoughts, deeds and actions; good or bad.
And that there is no transferring the blame to someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Where do you see that in the Bible, cuz I would like to quote it sometimes!
First, let me just say that Adam, Eve, Aaron and of course King Saul blamed someone else for their sin (error or mistakes); and they never took any personal responsibility for their own actions.

Now, let me ask a question: Is scapegoating ethical? In other words, is sin and/or the punishment for sin transferable from the guilty to the innocent? No, not when it comes to that which requires the death penalty:

Deuteronomy 24:16
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Apparently, there are discrepancies and contradictions between and within the Old and New testaments. But the vast majority will not acknowledge this, even though it only takes a small amount of common sense to see the differences. Much of what Christianism has come to believe is syncretistic in nature, mixing and blending various beliefs over time. A blood sacrifice was never needed to forgive that which another has confessed in his heart. We are to judge our own selves, lest we be judged. And we were never to punish the innocent for the mistakes of the guilty.

Psalm 32:5
... I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord. And you forgave the guilt of my sin.

Psalm 51:3-7
… my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so, you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
No, there is an unforgivable sin.

And for you to speak against it sounds just like what Esau would say all the way to destruction for blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
The only unforgivable sin is the one that you do not acknowledge within yourself.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:18 PM

Proverbs 28:13
Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:24 PM

WELL! Jerwade, that was worth waiting for.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:41 PM

32,285 posts, read 21,136,395 times
Quote:
No,
There is an unforgivable sin.
What are you talkin about unforgivable sin?, who mentioned this ? You are obsessesd with sin, and an hinderance because of it to all those who would enter the kingdom. Answer my question rather than muddy the waters with your belief in the power of sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or