U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 06:38 AM

32,269 posts, read 21,136,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Is that what you tell grieving family members, pastor?
As long as they tell the truth in love, what's the problem?. How the hell did we ever come to think this way?. Father forgive us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 07:08 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,183,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
As long as they tell the truth in love, what's the problem?. How the hell did we ever come to think this way?. Father forgive us!
Not only for believing such a horrendous thing about God, but for trying so hard to make others believe it, too.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:29 AM

32,269 posts, read 21,136,395 times
Quote:
Not only for believing such a horrendous thing about God, but for trying so hard to make others believe it, too.
That too.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:32 AM

9,280 posts, read 3,158,927 times
All I can say is, it's an extremely long list....

Old 10-27-2018, 07:46 AM

2,186 posts, read 793,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Im always amazed when people go to a funeral, and they always say the the guest of honir is in abetter place, even if they were complerely unrelugious. Have they never heard that the vast majority go to hell.
While I’m certain this is nonsense, it is sad that you accept this horrific doctrine and worship such a monster.

Old 10-27-2018, 08:19 AM

25,885 posts, read 13,451,742 times
Quote:
Im always amazed when people go to a funeral, and they always say the the guest of honir is in abetter place, even if they were complerely unrelugious. Have they never heard that the vast majority go to hell.

I'm sure many have heard it. Fortunately, most of them are sane and educated and therefore recognize hell as nonsense, and purveyors of it as sadistic idiots.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:41 AM

2,322 posts, read 631,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I mean, is there something others just do not understand, but you think you do?

Or do most miss something you 'get'?

Do you think something is misinterpreted?

I know this could go south fast...I hope it doesn't...I believe people have different or even great insights into
some things others have overlooked or not considered.

What profound understandings have some missed, in your opinion?
Sometimes where a coma is placed changes the meaning of an entire quote, for example.
Inspired by some 'new takes' on another thread.
Thanks.

There is confusion in the community in general from ignoring Paul's writings in general but specifically this one.........

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Right division in regards to whom the books are addressed.....under what economy (law or grace)

God changes not but how He deals with man (1 rule in the Garden) to 613 under the law, and then total forgiveness for believers under grace is so mangled even by well meaning denominations today it's just crazy. God is no respecter of persons anyone can know the truth, it's all been in the book for centuries.

My last point is God is a perfect keeper of secrets, He says nothing til the time is right.

29 “The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:15 AM

20,433 posts, read 9,849,462 times
Quote:
WELL! Jerwade, that was worth waiting for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I had to drive to Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona early this morning. And will be headed to Phoenix Children’s Hospital, November 5, 2018. My granddaughter (6) has to undergo a couple procedures while under general anesthesia regarding her gastrointestinal tract and lungs, both will be done at the same time.

Hopefully, everything will be fine.
Quote:
Oh boy, it's hard seeing cute little kids go thru this stuff...best wishes.
Quote:
Hoping with you. ((Hugs))
My gratitude and deep appreciation to the women on the forum who see things more clearly than most.
To see what she is going through brings tears to these eyes as she flung herself up into my arms.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:23 AM

20,433 posts, read 9,849,462 times
Quote:
Im always amazed when people go to a funeral, and they always say the guest of honor is in a better place, even if they were completely nonreligious. Have they never heard that the vast majority go to hell.
Quote:
Is that what you tell grieving family members, pastor?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm sure many have heard it. Fortunately, most of them are sane and educated and therefore recognize hell as nonsense, and purveyors of it as sadistic idiots.
Those who teach that nonsense should resign from the pulpit.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:28 AM

40,117 posts, read 26,779,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
My gratitude and deep appreciation to the women on the forum who see things more clearly than most.
To see what she is going through brings tears to these eyes as she flung herself up into my arms.
Most men of my generation are not used to public pronouncements. My prayers went out as soon as I read the post, Jer. I believe in the power of sincere private prayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or