Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2018, 05:26 PM

3,220 posts, read 912,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Said to zthatzmanz:

Sorry, Mike...you dunno that...
and to be honest, have no right to say that to another man on this earth.

Not a Bible in my house growing up...knew nothing regarding 'scriptures' ...
I have had a relationship with God my entire life....not made up... not imaginary...
a real Divine Presence. And that Divine One allowed me to know that each man is exactly
where he is supposed to be...working out exactly what he is supposed to...our
job is to love, and only that...support, have compassion, be kind, give what we can...
reach out our hand.
Blessed is He who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it.

The one who is sent by God, he speaks the words of God.

The reason I was born and the reason I came into the world is to testify the truth.

God's word is truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2018, 06:30 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,236,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
no, saying what Christ said, SCRIPTURES are worthless..it is the relationship with god that matters, not the written word..
Of course, it's our relationship with God that matters...we may forget every word that was ever said to us for whatever reason...stroke or dementia, simple forgetting,
but it's our personal connection in our heart with our Creator, Father,
God, the Divine Presence that matters.

I would not say scriptures are worthless, however....just like a map, a road and a road sign are not worthless.
But, once you have reached your goal...none are necessary any more...they were tools.
None are the goal.

As long as you have not reached your destination...reading the map is very helpful and also inspiring for you to keep on keepin' on. My take.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 322 times
Default unseen in the bible

not by all for there is a small number who have seen what I do.

1.Ok. I see that we were angels under Lucifer. sent to earth after the war for a chance to be redeemed. Jesus died for all but all are not redeemable for they serve Lucifer devoutly. from above to below they continue in their sinful devotion. hence the scripture " many are called but few are chosen". To be redeemed we first must be born from our mother's womb on earth and then be born again of the spirit. Jesus tells Nicodemus in John 3 this. many think its water baptism but its not for in John 3:6 Jesus clarifies flesh is flesh and spirit is spirit. When we are redeemed we are placed or given to Jesus as we become free from Lucifer. Jesus is paying the price of our redemption so we are then his. I read the book of Enock and the spirit told some details. Palms 104 tells the story plainly. there are other little hints throughout the bible clarifying this. I realize that to the everyday person this sounds crazy, especially if that person is a church attendee. when one goes through the church they are getting the commandments of men dictated by the beliefs of the particular doctrine. matthew 15: 7-9. When you read the bible and you desire to receive Jesus in the simplest form, you will see the truth of receiving. Jesus told Nicodemus also in John 3: 8 he says that the wind blows where it wants to and you can hear the sound but you cannot tell where it is coming from or going to and then he says ....so is every one that is born of the Spirit. now I've heard people say that is comparing the spirit to the wind and that would be a good comparison, but he says everyone who is born of the spirit will be heard and you won't know where the phenomena came from or who it will go to next. It is describing the receiving of the spirit or Holy Ghost. What God has to give if foolish to the world. well, I ask does the world think that the churches are foolishness? well, there might be a few who do but overall does the majority of the world tell you that you are in danger of going to church that you might be sucked into lies? from acts on to rev. the bible teaches receive or be baptized in the gift of the Holy Ghost. Yet the church will tell you its an automatic thing just ask him into your heart. simple right? no, it's not. was childbirth in this natural simple? No, its a process. You don't just say let's have a kid and poof there it is. well in the spirit there is a process. of which I will let you email me later or search it out for yourself.

I want to tell you how I received. I was 18. I'm 65 now. I had left home at age 14. lived with hippies for a while and then joined a bike club similar to hells angels. I married one of them and we left the club. He moved me from Florida to his home state of North Carolina. When we arrived we were broke and he had no plans for a place for us. I was 8 months along. I was sick and was hospitalized overnight. the next day he called the parents of a childhood friend who let us come for two weeks. the woman prayed as I had never seen ( I had not been raised in the church). I ended up pushing my way between her and her friend when her friend came to pray. she told me if I wanted Jesus to lift my hands and praise him. I did. I said Jesus over and over, louder and louder, faster and faster. I said nothing else but Jesus. I felt something moving up from my legs(inside my body) to my throat where it stuck. I could hardly say, Jesus. Then The spirit spoke through the mouth of one of the women (this is odd for people who have never known this) but I knew it was not her. The spirit said to me "see that devil run" I opened my eyes and before my face, I saw a dark grey moving away from me. it moved from me through the window that I was facing. It wavered and shook. it moved quickly left, right, left and right again, then disappeared. It was a demon. a demon is a person without a body. Immediately I began to speak in tongues. The unknown tongue or as Paul called it "the tongue of angels". this tongue is NOT a gift. it comes with the spirit for it is the voice of the spirit. Moderator edit: email address removed

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-23-2018 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: Read the Terms Of Service. User Direct Messages.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts10 View Post
.... the bible teaches receive or be baptized in the gift of the Holy Ghost. Yet the church will tell you its an automatic thing just ask him into your heart. simple right? no,
it's not.
Was childbirth in this natural simple? No, its a process. You don't just say let's have a kid and poof there it is. well in the spirit there is a process. of which I will let you email me later or search it out for yourself.
I said Jesus over and over, louder and louder, faster and faster. I said nothing else but Jesus. I felt something moving up from my legs (inside my body) to my throat where it stuck.
I could hardly say, Jesus.

Then The spirit spoke through the mouth of one of the women (this is odd for people who have never known this) but I knew it was not her.
The spirit said to me "see that devil run" I opened my eyes and before my face, I saw a dark grey moving away from me. it moved from me through the window that I was facing.
It wavered and shook.
it moved quickly left, right, left and right again, then disappeared.
It was a demon. a demon is a person without a body.

Immediately I began to speak in tongues.
The unknown tongue or as Paul called it "the tongue of angels". This tongue is NOT a gift.
It comes with the spirit for it is the voice of the spirit.
Well, I found this story amazing, acts10. I thank you for telling us.
I certainly believe you.

My best friend saw with her own eyes her sister's spirit/soul raise up out of her body when she died of breast cancer in the hospital...I know these things happen, "dark grey" things around people, too.
I 'get' the Holy Spirit taking over someone, truly....and others' faces being shocked as it clearly is happening...it is quite apparent the instant it happens, the entire energy in a room changes! Whoa,
very holy.

(If you write again , pls, make it easier to read by making more paragraphs...a common mistake
of new posters. Sorry to say, people may skip a post if it is in a 'block' of words.)

*I have comments from your orig post...'Jesus is paying'? Um, He is done paying.
Enock, nope, it's Enoch...a typo.
And you may not think it is a gift, you said "NOT a gift", (underlined above) so you feel strongly...but to me it's a Gift!
Good point....receiving the Holy Spirit (fully and developing and growing in HS) IS a process.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You would know NOTHING of Jesus without the scriptures.
But that would not prevent you from walking in the Spirit of loving-kindness, nor that of knowing God.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you consider the Scriptures worthless, disregarding Jesus' high view of the Scriptures, then your relationship with God is very poor indeed.
You do not need the Scriptures to have a relationship with God, neither would it mean, you have a poor understanding?

Old 12-23-2018, 01:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You would know NOTHING of Jesus without the scriptures.
The man Christ Jesus was a living testimony not only of the true nature and character of God, but also our true identity. We are all that he is. Your bible tells you this. As he is so are we in this world. When we come to know this we live the life that he did, for that is the reason he came, that we live how he did. Impossible i hear you say, well it will always will be to you.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:31 PM

32,941 posts, read 26,170,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You do not need the Scriptures to have a relationship with God, neither would it mean, you have a poor understanding?
If you don't believe what God has revealed in His written word then you have a very poor temporal relationship with God. And a very poor understanding, as is the case with you.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you don't believe what God has revealed in His written word then you have a very poor temporal relationship with God. And a very poor understanding, as is the case with you.
Why?. Explain briefly by backing it up with the scriptures.

I will share a verse of scripture that tells us how we develop and grow our fellowship with the Father.

That the communication of thy faith MAY BECOMe EFFECTUAL - BY >>>>the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. Did you notice that Mike ?, it says by acknowledging every good thing which is in Christ Jesus not by acquainting ourselves with the scriptures.

Philemon 1:6

Old 12-23-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I will share a verse of scripture that tells us how we develop
and grow our fellowship with the Father.
And, gee, there are many more verses that have nothing to do with having to know scripture
to have a close personal relationship with God Himself.

And, guess what... a roadmap helps someone get to Disney World, sure....but if it blew out the window...they'd still get there.
A guide helps you if ya get off a bus your first time in NYC, also, sure, not bad to have one...
..but
you'd still manage.

This needing words on a page to know the Unseen Infinite God is not how it's done...it's
Being Still...like He said....and then everything else falls into place...you naturally love and give and
gain patience and become wise and so on.

Touch that Rosetta stone (God Himself within) and then watch yourself blossom!
No words on any page needed.
Or read 'em once and do what they say...period.
All someone need do is tell someone the 'secret to everything' is

1. seeking the Kingdom of Heaven first...
2. acknowledge God in all your ways...and bingo.

But, hey, if someone thinks the scriptures will do it...ok....good luck.
While you are looking at the road map...I'll be in It's A Small Small World ride at Disney World already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity