Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 04:51 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did you know the mark God put on Cain when he was banished into the land of Nod was the imprint of himself?. The idea is we enter the land of Nod and we keep focused on the mark until we come to the realization and wake in this life of the land of Nod, that God was always present and abundantly available to be called up on. I wll never leave you nor forsake was not something God decided to impress on man years after he created us. Even in the cursed state God is there. Hope that makes you feel better jimmie about all your loved ones who pass and don't believe your beliefs about God.

Of cause this is just Camps just making it up as he goes along.
I find the names are interesting

Cain (lance, spear) kills Abel (emptiness, vanity) went to nod (wandering, exile) and Seth is the replacement

CAIN = H7013

From H6969 in the original sense of fixity; a lance (as striking fast): - spear.

ABEL H1892

From H1891; emptiness or vanity; figuratively something transitory and unsatisfactory; often used as an adverb: - X altogether, vain, vanity.

NOD = H5112

From H5110; exile: - wandering.

SETH = H8352

From H7896; put, that is, substituted; Sheth, third son of Adam: - Seth, Sheth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 04:56 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have no doubt that what people follow is the Church and the ministers of the hell doctrines, not Christ Jesus himself.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:51 PM

421 posts, read 153,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did you know the mark God put on Cain when he was banished into the land of Nod was the imprint of himself?. The idea is we enter the land of Nod and we keep focused on the mark until we come to the realization and wake in this life of the land of Nod, that God was always present and abundantly available to be called up on. I wll never leave you nor forsake was not something God decided to impress on man years after he created us. Even in the cursed state God is there. Hope that makes you feel better jimmie about all your loved ones who pass and don't believe your beliefs about God.

Of cause this is just Camps just making it up as he goes along.
That's an interesting take. Genesis does say that the mark was put there to protect Cain.

I think I like it.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:27 AM

30 posts, read 11,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The Father forsaking Jesus on the cross is backed up by this passage.

Galatians 3:13

“Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a treeâ€
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The Father forsaking Jesus on the cross is backed up by this passage.

Galatians 3:13

“Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a treeâ€
I assume you are referring to the "curse" Christ became and not the "curse" of the Law. Therefore I shall only respond to that portion of the verse you give. I can also explain that "the curse of the Law" is not saying God's Law is a curse, but for now will deal with Christ's becoming a curse.

Paul did not say that God made His Son a curse. He said Christ was made a curse (Gal 3:13), but he didn't say it was by God. But who made Him a curse? Those who "hung" Him! The Law stated that everyone hanged on a tree is cursed of God (Deut 21:23). But these people did not utilize the Law of God. They pretended to be God's servants doing God's work (John 8:41; 16:2). Therefore their pretending to uphold the Law of God was their making Christ a curse by "hanging Him on a tree." That's why Paul didn't say Christ was accursed by God. Christ was made a curse by the "law" of man. Not the Law of God! They had to get the Romans to kill against even their will (John 19:40.

He was a blessing to those that were redeemed by His death and resurrection. But He was a curse to His enemies who would not have Him to rule over them (Luke 19:27). Those that had Him crucified, i.e., the Jews who lost the Kingdom (Mat 21:43) because of Him. Therefore they pretending to be doing the work of God (John 16:2). But they were not doing God's work in the sense they were fulfilling the Law of God. They were executing Christ under man's "law", which is no "law."

Paul said that Christ was made a curse because of those He redeemed. He was! His enemies railroaded Him into a kangaroo trial under the pretense they were doing God's work thereby making Him a curse to their illegal "law." In so doing He was made a curse to them because they were decimated in 70 A.D. among other things. After all Paul did say did say quite the opposite when he said Christ was a blessing (Tit 2:13).

Old 09-21-2019, 05:45 AM

18 posts, read 9,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I mean, is there something others just do not understand, but you think you do?

Or do most miss something you 'get'?

Do you think something is misinterpreted?

I know this could go south fast...I hope it doesn't...I believe people have different or even great insights into
some things others have overlooked or not considered.

What profound understandings have some missed, in your opinion?
Sometimes where a coma is placed changes the meaning of an entire quote, for example.
Inspired by some 'new takes' on another thread.
Thanks.

That everything goes back go gardening = Gen 1
ex: educ(ATE) = Gen 2:17 because adam/eve "ate" the fruit of knowledge.
I talk about it more in the link below.
https://master-elaine.blogspot.com/2019/07/Garden.html

Life is like being employed either by Satan or God?
If you work for satan your wage is what you would have earned which is death.

I talk about it more in the link below
https://master-elaine.blogspot.com/2...ding-Time.html

Old 09-21-2019, 01:15 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1am3laine View Post
That everything goes back go gardening ....
Thanks !

Old 09-26-2019, 11:19 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I mean, is there something others just do not understand, but you think you do?

Or do most miss something you 'get'?

Do you think something is misinterpreted?

I know this could go south fast...I hope it doesn't...I believe people have different or even great insights into
some things others have overlooked or not considered.

What profound understandings have some missed, in your opinion?
Sometimes where a coma is placed changes the meaning of an entire quote, for example.
Inspired by some 'new takes' on another thread.
Thanks.
Simply that God deals with us only in two ways---justly and mercifully out of His AGAPE love.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:00 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndnms View Post
I assume you are referring to the "curse" Christ became and not the "curse" of the Law. Therefore I shall only respond to that portion of the verse you give. I can also explain that "the curse of the Law" is not saying God's Law is a curse, but for now will deal with Christ's becoming a curse.

Paul did not say that God made His Son a curse. He said Christ was made a curse (Gal 3:13), but he didn't say it was by God. But who made Him a curse? Those who "hung" Him! The Law stated that everyone hanged on a tree is cursed of God (Deut 21:23). But these people did not utilize the Law of God. They pretended to be God's servants doing God's work (John 8:41; 16:2). Therefore their pretending to uphold the Law of God was their making Christ a curse by "hanging Him on a tree." That's why Paul didn't say Christ was accursed by God. Christ was made a curse by the "law" of man. Not the Law of God! They had to get the Romans to kill against even their will (John 19:40.

He was a blessing to those that were redeemed by His death and resurrection. But He was a curse to His enemies who would not have Him to rule over them (Luke 19:27). Those that had Him crucified, i.e., the Jews who lost the Kingdom (Mat 21:43) because of Him. Therefore they pretending to be doing the work of God (John 16:2). But they were not doing God's work in the sense they were fulfilling the Law of God. They were executing Christ under man's "law", which is no "law."

Paul said that Christ was made a curse because of those He redeemed. He was! His enemies railroaded Him into a kangaroo trial under the pretense they were doing God's work thereby making Him a curse to their illegal "law." In so doing He was made a curse to them because they were decimated in 70 A.D. among other things. After all Paul did say did say quite the opposite when he said Christ was a blessing (Tit 2:13).
This is an interesting witness. Well done.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:05 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Prophesy fulfilled

Old 09-27-2019, 01:16 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
I don't think there's anything I see that others have not seen. The only factors are what and how many. I've met quite a few people since coming online that have been shown by Him several of the things I've shared that He's given me, from a variety of different countries. He's no respecter of persons, He will give His wisdom to all who are willing to pay the price for it, and He always provides at least one witness. Blessings....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity