U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2018, 04:28 PM

32,225 posts, read 21,107,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Did Yeshua ever ask anyone to love a lie?
No, never.
Did God ask Jacob to deceive his Dad?. Is it lying when the weak say they are strong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 07:52 PM

11,264 posts, read 8,429,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus does not want anyone to surrender their lives to him, he will aloways point you to the way he taught which is rooted in love. Who said anything about them being concerned about heaven, their only concern is living a life of loveliness. Why bible believers think there are not such people as this about, can only mean they are made blind by their own beliefs.
I guess I misunderstood post #81.
Yes, Jesus wants us to surrender our lives to him. And He is a jealous God. That's why he told the rich man to give away all his money. The man went away sad. Anything we love more than God, anything we put before Him is our idol.
"I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back. No turning back." Written and sing by a martyr who watched his family killed, before he, too, was executed.
Narrow is the way.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:27 AM

20,402 posts, read 9,828,032 times
If you do not love your children, brother, sister, mother, father or neighbor whom you can see.

How can you love God whom you cannot see?

Old 10-29-2018, 01:31 AM

40,058 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I guess I misunderstood post #81.
Yes, Jesus wants us to surrender our lives to him. And He is a jealous God. That's why he told the rich man to give away all his money. The man went away sad. Anything we love more than God, anything we put before Him is our idol.
"I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back. No turning back." Written and sing by a martyr who watched his family killed, before he, too, was executed.
Narrow is the way.
Jealousy, like all human psychological weaknesses, is NOT something God could ever feel. Your jealous God is a figment of the imagination of primitive and barbaric men.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:29 AM

384 posts, read 362,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jealousy, like all human psychological weaknesses, is NOT something God could ever feel. Your jealous God is a figment of the imagination of primitive and barbaric men.
Putting your ignorance on what ‘a jealous God’ means aside, how did you arrive at your conclusion?

Old 10-29-2018, 08:01 AM

5,655 posts, read 4,881,665 times
What , it bothers you that God will invest more interest in those that love Him, than those that don't ?
I have no problem with that, no problem at all .
I know I get His preferential treatment, .
I have learned to depend on Him .
I want His instruction, and need His instruction, and can't see living life with out His instruction .
I have tried doing things from the human perspective , it sucks .
Good intentions, out side Gods instruction ,often lead to greater problems .
God does not manipulate man ,but He does know mans potentials ,but a man that can be guided in God's will ,can be guided into blessing ,an through disaster unscathed .
Ever watch a movie where the hero is fearlessly facing eminent threat with a steel jaw , "it is a script " and he has a contract with the movie studio .
Well parenthetically a man that walks in obedience to God has a script ,knowing God's got his back, and even if the flesh dies, there is a reward for the obedient .
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit for His believers to make this possible .

Old 10-29-2018, 08:07 AM

25,816 posts, read 13,417,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Putting your ignorance on what Ďa jealous Godí means aside, how did you arrive at your conclusion?
Intelligence + education + common sense.

No omni-everything, capital G-worthy god-thing would entertain such a base, petty, entirely human emotion.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:16 AM

767 posts, read 429,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
humans jealousies are much different than that of Jehovah God. he has a righteous reason to become jealous, when we put other things or people before him. after all he and HIS SON, Jesus created everything, though he CREATED Jesus ,(Pro.8:22-30). Jesus isn't the one who claim to be jealous, (Josh. 24:19 Then Joshua said to the people, "You will not be able to serve the LORD, for He is a holy God He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgression or your sins). "LORD" in caps, refers to the Almighty God Jehovah ,(Exo. 6:3). Jesus and his Father are both called "lords", the caps or lower case separates the two. (Psa. 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool). because Jesus KNOWS ALL worships belong to his Father. he even told us that he speaks what HIS Father wanted him to say , (John 14:24 He that love me not keep not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me). so yes God can be a "jealous" God.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:23 AM

5,091 posts, read 2,143,556 times
Seeking God and wanting to learn more / know him is enough to "enter the Kingdom of God".

It's dumb to think you have to accept Jesus before anything can happen. The Bible itself shows many situations where God took the initiative, reached out, and "called" to people, inviting them in (to the kingdom).

Sometimes God calls out, and people reject him/Jesus. Sometimes he reaches out, people tune in and come closer, than drift away. Sometimes people take the initiative, draw close, and stay with him forever. There are no rules about the approach.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:50 AM

15,379 posts, read 12,133,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Seeking God and wanting to learn more / know him is enough to "enter the Kingdom of God".
Wow, such a clear and simple statement that carries so much truth!!!
Bravo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or