U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 07:34 PM

11,280 posts, read 8,452,432 times

Advertisements

The Bible is the Word of God.
"(The)Bible did not consist of merely ten authors, but forty. It was not written in one generation, but over a period of 1,500 years; not by authors with the same education, culture and language, but with vastly different education, many different cultures, from three continents and three different languages, and finally not just one subject but hundreds.

And yet the Bible is a unity. There is complete harmony, which cannot be explained by coincidence or collusion. The unity of the Bible is a strong argument in favor of its divine inspiration. The unity of the Scriptures is only one reason among many which supports the Bible’s claim to be the divine Word of God"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 08:02 PM

15,440 posts, read 12,170,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
"(The)Bible did not consist of merely ten authors, but forty. It was not written in one generation, but over a period of 1,500 years; not by authors with the same education, culture and language, but with vastly different education, many different cultures, from three continents and three different languages, and finally not just one subject but hundreds.

And yet the Bible is a unity. There is complete harmony, which cannot be explained by coincidence or collusion. The unity of the Bible is a strong argument in favor of its divine inspiration. The unity of the Scriptures is only one reason among many which supports the Bible’s claim to be the divine Word of God"
hunterseat, I like you, but we must be reading a diff book....complete harmony and unity?
Sure sometimes...some parts are pure poetry, such inspiration and wisdom....but, those 2 would not be words I would use, without getting many examples as to why not.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:03 PM
Status: "Waving a sign that reads John 3:16" (set 13 hours ago)

16,379 posts, read 8,915,844 times
Quote:

Old 10-29-2018, 08:37 PM

25,882 posts, read 13,451,742 times
Quote:
...snip...

And yet the Bible is a unity. There is complete harmony, which cannot be explained by coincidence or collusion. ...snip...
LOL. Whatever "complete harmony" you can muster from that collection of old parchments most certainly CAN be attributed to multiple editors over multiple centuries - polishing the script.

It's amazing how naive some Christians can be.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:02 PM

56,211 posts, read 54,678,928 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
hunterseat, I like you, but we must be reading a diff book....complete harmony and unity?
Sure sometimes...some parts are pure poetry, such inspiration and wisdom....but, those 2 would not be words I would use, without getting many examples as to why not.
I think we all just have to come to some sort of acceptance that some Christian people believe the Bible is literally "The Word of God" and other Christian people do not believe that to be true.

We aren't going to change one another's minds.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:03 PM

11,280 posts, read 8,452,432 times
It's crazy how God was silent for 400 years between the old and new testaments. Yet the Savior is found throughout. And it's still a best seller after all these years, wait, no. Decades. No wait. CENTURIES. And it's alive! It's crazy how the Word can give you whatyou need when you need it. Hermeneutics. A beautiful thing.
I'm sorry you're missing the joy that's free for the taking.
I'm not in it enough and that's my loss. I'm convicted and hope to do better.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:49 PM

15,440 posts, read 12,170,934 times
I find more things in the Bible than just joy...I don't find 'complete harmony or unity', is all....just sayin.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:37 PM

20,433 posts, read 9,849,462 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Quote:
It's crazy how God was silent for 400 years between the old and new testaments. Yet the Savior is found throughout. And it's still a best seller after all these years, wait, no. Decades. No wait. CENTURIES. And it's alive! It's crazy how the Word can give you whatyou need when you need it. Hermeneutics. A beautiful thing.
I'm sorry you're missing the joy that's free for the taking.
I'm not in it enough and that's my loss. I'm convicted and hope to do better.
[It] is syncretistic in nature, as it contains all the various beliefs and perceptions of men over the centuries. Nothing inerrant or infallible about it. Hell, they even included an underworld of pain and suffering, as if demons weren't enough. You don't believe a loving God would come up with all that, do you?

Old 10-29-2018, 11:51 PM

20,433 posts, read 9,849,462 times
The only unity I see is people being gullible to a certain extent.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:08 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,872,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think we all just have to come to some sort of acceptance that some Christian people believe the Bible is literally "The Word of God" and other Christian people do not believe that to be true.

We aren't going to change one another's minds.
You cannot be a Christian without the Bible. God and His Word are inseparable. You people are simply wasting your time with vain religion. You're trying to get into Heaven some other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or