U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2018, 09:55 AM

56,301 posts, read 54,748,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
jesus cured the romans soldier's boy even though it was blatant to jesus that the roman soldier would not believe. jesus never refused or condemned anybody who asked for help

there are people who seek special numbers in the bible, short cuts to heaven, and bible prophecies to gain knowledge; yet they dont study jesus character or their own heart or intentions towards others

John 4:48-54 (WEB)
48 Jesus therefore said to him, “Unless you see signs and wonders, you will in no way believe.”
49 The nobleman said to him, “Sir, come down before my child dies.”
50 Jesus said to him, “Go your way. Your son lives.” The man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him, and he went his way.
51 As he was now going down, his servants met him and reported, saying “Your child lives!”
52 So he inquired of them the hour when he began to get better. They said therefore to him, “Yesterday at the seventh hour, the fever left him.”
53 So the father knew that it was at that hour in which Jesus said to him, “Your son lives.” He believed, as did his whole house.
54 This is again the second sign that Jesus did, having come out of Judea into Galilee.
But the fact is that not everyone who prays for/has someone else pray for healing of disease or illness gets better. Sometimes they die. Then the person who did the praying believes or is told, "Well, you just didn't have enough faith."

That is wrong, and it can be extremely damaging.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:15 AM

241 posts, read 49,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If Christian fundies are in heaven, I won't mind going elsewhere. In fact, I think I'll insist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But the fact is that not everyone who prays for/has someone else pray for healing of disease or illness gets better. Sometimes they die. Then the person who did the praying believes or is told, "Well, you just didn't have enough faith."

i dont regard prayer that way, nor do i advocate for people to pray that way

spirituality is not about being behaviorally rewarded with gifts of affluence and good health from the divine.

i am down to earth when it comes to health.

also, i dont convert or persuade people to interpret the bible like i do

i have never prayed away health woes; i went to a doctor if i was truly sick

jesus elaborated about the practicalities of our existence in these verses:

this is a forum where people express their views about their beliefs or non-beliefs without the encroachment of people who dislike the united states constitution

the us constitution keeps us from the encroachment of a dictatorship by allowing people to freely adhere to a religion, or not to believe in a religion

as an american, i love the constitution that keeps us free from the encroachment of dictatorships and autocrats.

jesus elaborated about the practicalities of our existence in these verses:

Luke 13:1-4 (WBS)
1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galileans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus answering, said to them, Suppose ye that these Galileans were sinners above all the Galileans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, No; but except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and killed them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 10:18 AM

15,520 posts, read 12,198,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
\\\:cryi
Ok, you have a spiritual secret club. Apparently, most everyone is included.

And your members seem to gang up on the ones that are not part of that club and argue?
Ask anyone if I argue with them. I may say things they disagree with...that's not arguing.
C'ya, KJoe. Bye.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:37 AM

15,520 posts, read 12,198,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's not what I believe...just sayin'.
And would never say that either...to the husband left behind or to anyone else!

Old 10-30-2018, 01:27 PM

595 posts, read 163,943 times
Jesus Christ said in Matthew 7:21-23, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." If you were to believe in a god, be sure that He is the true God.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:28 PM

20,452 posts, read 9,864,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Jesus Christ said in Matthew 7:21-23, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." If you were to believe in a god, be sure that He is the true God.
Be sure that he is not a walking contradiction between that of loving and hating.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:44 PM

384 posts, read 363,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ask anyone if I argue with them. I may say things they disagree with...that's not arguing.
C'ya, KJoe. Bye.
I stand corrected. You say things that a few disagree with. But you do have quite bit of posters that appear to have the same religous philosophy overwhelmingly disagreeing with a small sect of Bible believers. I am trying to understand how all of this is fits into this forum.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:56 PM

20,452 posts, read 9,864,420 times
Quote:
I stand corrected. You say things that a few disagree with. But you do have quite bit of posters that appear to have the same religious philosophy overwhelmingly disagreeing with a small sect of Bible believers. I am trying to understand how all of this is fits into this forum.
People do not always follow the herd, mob or pack mentality, even if the group is not large.
Individually, they have the ability to reason things out for themselves, whether they agree or not.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:18 PM
Status: "Waving a sign that reads John 3:16" (set 4 days ago)

16,397 posts, read 8,927,626 times
Quote:
I stand corrected. You say things that a few disagree with. But you do have quite bit of posters that appear to have the same religous philosophy overwhelmingly disagreeing with a small sect of Bible believers. I am trying to understand how all of this is fits into this forum.
This forum is overrun with universalists. Traditional Christianity is in the minority here.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:27 PM

1,765 posts, read 1,953,773 times
Faith in Jesus is essential to be save from eternal damnation.

Nahh. Never having been a boss (what some call worshipfully, an "employer,") I have no fear of hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or