U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 04:14 PM

5,147 posts, read 2,532,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I agree we are already living eternity - it's forever.
Do you believe you are already in heaven, in this world where we live?
I am wondering how you concluded we are already living eternity- forever, because to me Jesus is plain at Matthew 24:13 we must endure to the end to be saved.

Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:9-11.
At the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 the figurative haughty ' goat'-type people will Not gain living eternity, but as Psalm 92:7 says the wicked will be destroyed forever.
We are all given two (2) choices at 2nd Peter 3:9 to either ' repent ' or ' perish ' (be destroyed).

So, only the humble ' sheep '-like people will remain alive on Earth, and can continue to live on Earth right into the start of calender Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 04:24 PM

5,147 posts, read 2,532,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Both posts above speak the truth about the teachings of Jesus. Well done @ pcamps
Fire and damnation went by the wayside, and the New Testament pretty well explains WHY God sent Jesus to speak/minister to the flock . One doesn't earn the right to enter Heaven by giving lip service without actions that demonstrate.In other words, It's not WHAT YOU SAY.. IT'S WHAT you DO during YOUR PATH OF LIFE ..
It's what is in your HEART that speaks of your soul when it comes to "Judgement Day" and YES, God sent Jesus when he realized Human's were unable to be perfect! There had to be a path of forgiveness for souls!!
I am wondering about how could what is in your HEART speaks of your soul...... (Mark 7:21-23)
Because Jeremiah 17:9 wrote that the heart is treacherous.
To me, that means we have a traitor within us.
The heart urges us to do something, and after we have done it, the heart gives us all the reasons why we should have Not done what we did in the first place.

I notice Jesus does Not mention the heart on the coming " Judgement Day " on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Rather, Jesus judges on how we have treated his ' spiritual brothers ' while they are alive on Earth.
True, an honest-hearted person would do that, even though we have a treacherous heart within til Jesus comes.

Old 10-31-2018, 04:50 PM

40,084 posts, read 26,750,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I am wondering about how could what is in your HEART speaks of your soul...... (Mark 7:21-23)
That was OT prior to the New Covenant instituted by Christ when God has "written in our hearts" and the Comforter is our guide to the Truth in our hearts. Do you believe Jesus instituted a New Covenant or not? Do you believe God has "written in our hearts" or not? Do you believe God sent the Comforter in Christ's name to guide us to the Truth in our hearts?

Old 10-31-2018, 05:38 PM

20,411 posts, read 9,834,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post

To me, that means we have a traitor within us.

The heart urges us to do something, and after we have done it, the heart gives us all the reasons why we should have Not done what we did in the first place.

I notice Jesus does Not mention the heart on the coming " Judgement Day " on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.

Rather, Jesus judges on how we have treated his ' spiritual brothers ' while they are alive on Earth.
True, an honest-hearted person would do that, even though we have a treacherous heart within til Jesus comes.
That is why you should guard your heart from being under the influence of others.
It is not what goes in that defiles you, it is what you act upon that's important.

An example would be that of hating your brother, sister, mother, father or neighbor.
Remember, we are not called to hate, rather we are to be forgiving of one-another.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:03 PM

384 posts, read 362,992 times
Default Igs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
While you are correct about the atmosphere here, posting scripture is never a bad thing.
Ok. But remember what the Man said. If they don’t listen boogie on down the road. The Bible is of great value but pigs will treat it with great disrespect stomping all over it.

Yet, you do what you feel is best.

Someday, I will See you here, there, or in the air

Old 10-31-2018, 06:11 PM

25,829 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Ok. But remember what the Man said. If they donít listen boogie on down the road. The Bible is of great value but pigs will treat it with great disrespect stomping all over it.

Buh-bye.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:23 PM

14,837 posts, read 4,973,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Ok. But remember what the Man said. If they don’t listen boogie on down the road. The Bible is of great value but pigs will treat it with great disrespect stomping all over it.

When you read of pigs, it is a very specific term used to speak about a Gentile who is lawless, and who disrespects the laws of God.

The Prodigal son is about the prodigal northern kingdom named Ephraim who called the Torah a strange thing and invented their own lawless pagan ways. This is why the Prodigal is shown hearding swine because to have contact with swine is specifically to show a lawless person as the Northern kingdom were.

If you are a Gentile who does not keep the laws and then you teach other people not to keep the law, the term,'' Swine,'' is implied in your lawless actions, your being Gentile with a lawless mentality altogether would symbolically mean that you went off to heard swine and you are teaching lawlessness.

When Jesus referred to a person being a swine, he was referring to lawless Gentiles, and when you see the word,'' Dog,'' it is also referring to lawless Gentiles.

Just saying, if you are going to insinuate that certain people are swines from the symbolism in the bible, you should be certain of what the word swine is referring to.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:40 PM

21,093 posts, read 23,918,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The evidence is abundantly clear to any honest-hearted person that you don't love Jesus. Continue your diatribe now.
What did Jesus say about judging and who is the only one permitted to judge? Unless I missed it, pretty sure Jesus never said it was ok for scgraham to judge?

Old 10-31-2018, 06:46 PM

14,837 posts, read 4,973,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What did Jesus say about judging and who is the only one permitted to judge? Unless I missed it, pretty sure Jesus never said it was ok for scgraham to judge?
It is his to judge, what people are always judging is theyselves. There is the first born of flesh and the second born of spirit within all people, the wicked are amongst us, even in the mirror but when people speak of the lawless sons of perdition, they think it is about people who don't believe as they do when it is really speaking of that man in the mirror.

If you want to walk into the two sections of the Temple proper, you walk up the steps, and while you are standing where the second veil is, you have to see yourself in the mirror before you can get through that entrance.

The mirrors of women, your left eye has become your right, Da Vinci painted a picture portraying this concept of the mirror and what it's mission is from the known traditions of the mirrors.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:57 PM

32,227 posts, read 21,115,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It is his to judge, what people are always judging is theyselves. There is the first born of flesh and the second born of spirit within all people, the wicked are amongst us, even in the mirror but when people speak of the lawless sons of perdition, they think it is about people who don't believe as they do when it is really speaking of that man in the mirror.

If you want to walk into the two sections of the Temple proper, you walk up the steps, and while you are standing where the second veil is, you have to see yourself in the mirror before you can get through that entrance.

The mirrors of women, your left eye has become your right, Da Vinci painted a picture portraying this concept of the mirror and what it's mission is from the known traditions of the mirrors.
I believe you are right on this Hanni.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or