U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 08:34 PM

32,221 posts, read 21,094,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Those damn fundamentalists!
Lol, your view on everthing not deep seated in fundamentalism. Is it any wonder Jesus spoke so harshly about you. Yes i know your church helps the poor, it is not only churches that do that, so why even boast that you do?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 08:52 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,101,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The term,'' Elect,'' does not include Christians, it is a very specific term speaking of the chosen people of God, Ephraim and Judah. The elect doesn't include the world, it is a word to show us specific people pertaining to the covenant made for for Ephraim and Judah, and Christians are no longer Ephraim.

Paul using the term,'' Elect,'' is specifically about the 7000 reserved remnant of Ephraim, not Judah. Those same 7000 God told Elijah about and how they ARE the elect. Paul uses this term about Gentiles who repent of their lawlessness and paganism to convert to the religion of God as Gentiles did in the first Church. Those Gentiles only became a part of the election because they became Israel.

Gentiles stopped converting to the covenant for Ephraim and Judah when they abandoned the Jews, abandoned the ways of God, abandoned the ways of Jerusalem and then outlawed the commandments of God. The elect IS ISRAEL, IS THE JEWS, AND THE PEOPLE WHO BECOME ONE WITH THE JEWS.

The term,'' Elect,'' is showing the few, not the majority, and it certainly doesn't pertain to Gentiles who are not in God's religion .

Gentiles joined Jews, they joined the elect chosen and if somebody wants to make the claim that they are in the election, they sure better not be lawless pagans. The whole world of Christianity became lawless pagan and we were informed about this happening to the whole world so much that even the elect were almost fooled.

Fooled in lawlessness and paganism just as it states about the great apostacy where Christians would stand against everything called of God or worshipped of God as Christians do. They can't be lawless and pagan to then make an absurd claim that they are counted amongst the election who keep the religion of God.
Instead of repeating yourself.
Just ask and I would love to talk with you in another thread.

Bump the thread and I will gladly show you the scales of heaven.
Unless of course you are a coward..

Last edited by pinacled; 10-26-2018 at 09:05 PM..

Old 10-26-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Faith in Jesus is essential to be save from eternal damnation.

Many equate faith and belief. They are not the same. Faith requires knowledge of who Jesus is (God) and what He has done (sacrifice). We also need to trust in Jesus and that His will be done. Thirdly, we must agree with the knowledge that we have about Jesus (Scripture).

The three elements of faith, knowledge, trust, and agreement, are the keys to salvation. All work in unison in order for you to accept and be granted the most important gift of all, eternal life. It is the most important decision in your life.
Hallelyah.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:44 PM

20,345 posts, read 9,815,907 times
Quote:
Faith in Jesus is essential to be saved from eternal damnation.

Many equate faith and belief. They are not the same. Faith requires knowledge of who Jesus is (God) and what He has done (sacrifice). We also need to trust in Jesus and that His will be done. Thirdly, we must agree with the knowledge that we have about Jesus (Scripture).

The three elements of faith, knowledge, trust, and agreement, are the keys to salvation. All work in unison in order for you to accept and be granted the most important gift of all, eternal life. It is the most important decision in your life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Hallelyah.
Right now, I cannot free up enough space in my own mind to believe you said that?
Love is what lays itself down for the benefit of another; and it is greater than faith.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:42 AM

Quote:

Forgive me Sumtingy.

Three times a yr is no small matter.
3s and 4s are the way of the king.
And if the land is persevered for three yr with faith.
You will find 9 fruits.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:31 AM

20,345 posts, read 9,815,907 times
Quote:
Faith in Jesus is essential to be saved from eternal damnation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Forgive me Sumtingy.

Three times a yr is no small matter.
3s and 4s are the way of the king.
And if the land is persevered for three yr with faith.
You will find 9 fruits.
There is no fruit in believing you are saved from eternal damnation.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:45 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,865,384 times
What is faith that saves from eternal damnation?

James 2
[14] What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
[15] If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
[16] And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
[17] Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
[18] Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
[19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:34 AM

954 posts, read 241,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
What is faith that saves from eternal damnation?

James 2
[14] What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
[15] If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
[16] And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
[17] Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
[18] Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
[19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Yes, James talking about how faithís confirmation is works. Works is the result or litmus of faith. It is a way for us to discern if we or others in the Church has the trust.

How is the Spirit guidance shown in our lives? Fruits of the Spirit; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. You cant have these attributes without demonstrating results.

The Scripture all comes together in harmony to reveal that we serve a great and loving God

Old 10-27-2018, 07:36 AM

21,093 posts, read 23,895,889 times
Quote:

what does "faith" look like? How is "faith" evaluated"

More importantly WHO does the JUDGING? Surely not YOU?

What is the biblical definition of FAITH vs BELIEF?

Old 10-27-2018, 07:42 AM
Status: "Trump 2020-make liberals cry again" (set 3 days ago)

16,345 posts, read 8,890,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
what does "faith" look like? How is "faith" evaluated"

More importantly WHO does the JUDGING? Surely not YOU?

What is the biblical definition of FAITH vs BELIEF?
Post #27
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or