U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 12:15 PM

32,225 posts, read 21,107,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
No. Faith is not a hallmark greeting card. The faithful are commanded to Love by Christ. He is the One that we Elect know , believe, and trust
It would help if you expounded on what loving Christ is. It is in your bible, but i am certain you will gloss over it in favor of your handed down beliefs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 02:25 PM

20,400 posts, read 9,828,032 times
Loving your neighbor is loving God. It has nothing to do with Lording it over others, nor condemning them.

Old 10-27-2018, 02:30 PM

32,225 posts, read 21,107,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Loving your neighbor is loving God. It has nothing to do with Lording it over others, nor condemning them.
Exactly. Will you ever hear this from a bible fundamentalist ? Never.

Old 10-27-2018, 02:32 PM

40,058 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Old 10-27-2018, 02:43 PM

14,812 posts, read 4,970,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Instead of repeating yourself.
Just ask and I would love to talk with you in another thread.

Bump the thread and I will gladly show you the scales of heaven.
Unless of course you are a coward..
I was here for you for years, I never contradicted you and I only sought things to add to your post like side notes. Then out of the blue one day, you started insulting me and getting personal with every one of your posts with your insults and crying and I still never replied, I still didn't try and harm you back. But if you haven't noticed that I stopped replying to your posts a long time ago, you would have to be blind. You keep calling me old friend when we were never friends because friends don't act like you do. You don't know what having a civil conversation means and you sure don't understand friendship, why should I ever reply to all your insults? Try and act like a mature grown up and maybe we could have a conversation.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:56 PM

4,247 posts, read 1,626,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Faith in Jesus is essential to be save from eternal damnation.

Many equate faith and belief. They are not the same. Faith requires knowledge of who Jesus is (God) and what He has done (sacrifice). We also need to trust in Jesus and that His will be done. Thirdly, we must agree with the knowledge that we have about Jesus (Scripture).

The three elements of faith, knowledge, trust, and agreement, are the keys to salvation. All work in unison in order for you to accept and be granted the most important gift of all, eternal life. It is the most important decision in your life.

One must have faith in the real Jesus.
Jesus didn't know anything about being God. He taught he has a God like we do-his Father-John 20:17, Rev 3:12= the true gospel--2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 8:6, 1Cor 15:24-28) 1Pet 1:3--Rev 1:6,= Jesus and 3 REAL teachers teaching Jesus has a God, his Father
We all must choose who we believe.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:16 PM

147 posts, read 38,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I was here for you for years, I never contradicted you and I only sought things to add to your post like side notes. Then out of the blue one day, you started insulting me and getting personal with every one of your posts with your insults and crying and I still never replied, I still didn't try and harm you back. But if you haven't noticed that I stopped replying to your posts a long time ago, you would have to be blind. You keep calling me old friend when we were never friends because friends don't act like you do. You don't know what having a civil conversation means and you sure don't understand friendship, why should I ever reply to all your insults? Try and act like a mature grown up and maybe we could have a conversation.
Sounds like Lyme disease. Talks about watching the stars. Outdoors, laying around in the wrong place... bam.. Lyme.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-schizophrenia

Old 10-27-2018, 05:19 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 11 days ago)

9,524 posts, read 3,654,679 times
I think its a sad belief to think that just because someone never heard about Jesus or the Christian religion, that they are to burn in hell for all eternity.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:21 PM

20,400 posts, read 9,828,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
He doesn't seem to get it, even when you are upfront and honest you are still a liar?

Old 10-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Status: "Living rent-free in Mr. Wade’s head" (set 2 days ago)

16,351 posts, read 8,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think its a sad belief to think that just because someone never heard about Jesus or the Christian religion, that they are to burn in hell for all eternity.
Hebrews 11:6

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or