U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 08:42 PM

11,269 posts, read 8,436,427 times

Advertisements

To the OP, I rarely come here because I tend to get dog piled. I know you probably/hopefully mean well. You come across as a spiritually immature Christian, imo.
Satan believes that Jesus is who he said he is. He knows exactly what Jesus did. Satan is quite religious.
All have sinned. You, me, him, her, all of us. And what God wants is for none to perish, no not one.
Bashing people over the head with theology rarely works. We all have choices to make. Speaking the truth with love is what we (Bible believers) are commanded to do. It's not always easy, especially when we get frustrated.
We are tasked to learn how to defend the faith, but with love. Not condemnation. I wish I were better at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He was not the originator of those...
But it was the answer he gave.
Plus my post was a response to the post that said you'd never hear it from a fundamentalist. (I think I'm in that category. I don't like labels, though.)

Old 10-27-2018, 08:47 PM

14,844 posts, read 4,976,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He was not the originator of those...
Haven't you heard? Jesus brought a new law, only the people who say this can't tell you what that law is or list a single law besides loving your neighbor, do you feel the love bro?

Old 10-27-2018, 10:23 PM

Our pastor said "if you can't watch the news on tv without getting angry, turn it off. You're not spiritually mature enough."
Don't respond in anger. Lay down the sword. Speak in love. Open your ears.
(In response to a PM)

Old 10-28-2018, 06:47 AM

21,093 posts, read 23,921,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Hebrews 11:6

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him
yet scriptures says the GREATEST of faith hope and love is LOVE..

1 Corinthians 13:13 New International Version (NIV)

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:58 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,869,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think its a sad belief to think that just because someone never heard about Jesus or the Christian religion, that they are to burn in hell for all eternity.
God will justly handle those situations. For those who have heard, it's sad that people reject Jesus' great love sacrifice. It would have been better that they had never been born.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:04 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,869,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
yet scriptures says the GREATEST of faith hope and love is LOVE..

1 Corinthians 13:13 New International Version (NIV)

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
And what is love? Love rejoices not in iniquity but in the truth. So, that excludes many on this forum.

1 Corinthians 13
[4] Charity [love] suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
[5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
[6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
[7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:34 AM

32,234 posts, read 21,119,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God will justly handle those situations. For those who have heard, it's sad that people reject Jesus' great love sacrifice. It would have been better that they had never been born.
This statement came straight from the HQ of hell itself.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:52 AM

5,658 posts, read 4,884,202 times
Why should God care about man at all ,seeing that at every turn man proves he wants independence believing his education is going to save him .
The tree of knowledge has some long reaching detrimental effects on the ignorant.
Isn't that what man is , ignorant ?
With all the things man thinks he knows, he must revamp his understanding over and over ,but so long as men choose to rely on other men's thinking it will always be that way.
Jesus came to provide a link to God that cannot be gotten any other way but through Him . Not a knowledge of trivia or of some super power men use to manipulate others .
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit of God to dwell with Jesus believers , Jesus said this is exclusive, in that the world as a whole does not get this. Jesus is very particular as to whom is acceptable . Matthew 7;21,22,23, Jesus said Not every one that says to me Lord ,Lord ,shall enter the kingdom of heaven ………
In essence ,those that use Jesus name but have no relationship ,Lie when they call Jesus Lord.
there are no liars in heaven.
Some one teaching with out the direct instruction of the Holy Spirit, though his words might have some truth, does not certify him with God .Though a man perform miracles in Jesus name , this too does not certify him of God
Obedience through the instruction of the holy Spirit Jesus provided "is" the identifier God recognizes .
God is not bound to the theologies of men, nor their manipulations of scriptures satisfying their own lusts.

So far as scriptures go , what Jesus said ,should be carrying more weight in believers thinking, than any other man through out time, be it; Moses , David , Paul or some preacher.
More than scriptures ,Gods Holy Spirit is quite capable of teaching some one desperate to learn God's will.
And Jesus is more than willing to introduce the Holy Spirit to those the actually seeking after Jesus lordship in their life .

Old 10-28-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Right out of scripture.
Those who have not heard would include children before the age of accountability and the mentally handicapped who are unable to comprehend.
I love the story of Helen Keller when her teacher told her she was going to learn about God. She said she had been waiting her whole life for that. He reached her while she was still in that darkness. Amazing love.

Great post above this one except for one thing "there are no liars in heaven" Repentant sinners of all kind will be there. Believers just try to do the best they can. Soften our hearts and listen for His voice.
We are all pond Scum, equal in scumminess, none better than the other. Some lost, some found, but our very best works are like filthy rags. The struggle is real but if we keep our eyes on him we can walk on water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or