Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 01:35 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Just a viewpoint. I'm saved now and forevermore. Though trials and tribulations will continue this side of creation, my salvation is secure. Born twice, die once. My eternal address is in stone. Eternity is forever. Not sure how else to describe it.
I would rather have something written within a new heart of flesh, than something etched or inscribed on stone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 06:57 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Jesus being a Jew, the dogs were the Gentiles...
Under the New Covenant, Jesus further elaborates:

Revelation 22
[11] He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
[14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
[15] For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
[16] I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:02 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Just a viewpoint. I'm saved now and forevermore. Though trials and tribulations will continue this side of creation, my salvation is secure. Born twice, die once. My eternal address is in stone. Eternity is forever. Not sure how else to describe it.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:46 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Faith in Jesus is essential to be save from eternal damnation.

Many equate faith and belief. They are not the same. Faith requires knowledge of who Jesus is (God) and what He has done (sacrifice). We also need to trust in Jesus and that His will be done. Thirdly, we must agree with the knowledge that we have about Jesus (Scripture).

The three elements of faith, knowledge, trust, and agreement, are the keys to salvation. All work in unison in order for you to accept and be granted the most important gift of all, eternal life. It is the most important decision in your life.
'the kingdom of God' is and has been for 2000 years in us. making us into Co-heirs with Christ
and a day comes when it will be both in us and On the earth.. that is why we are to pray like the Lord
shows us to pray to the Father when he prayed " Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done" on earth as it is in
Heaven " (and that means it be in more than only in the hearts of men, but on earth also like it is in heaven .and that means completely )
SO YES for the wise there is A WISE PATTERN !

and that pattern is that we should enter into his kingdom at the heart first. and probably before the Father's kingdom comes would be most wise and prudent to follow the Father's patterns!

but there is always those who will not do it that way just because they don't have to now and thus lack knowledge of Him and His ways. ..
and I am sure there is some contingency for those who must or they just will too walk outside of the lines, maybe as long as at some given point they bow their knee in submission or repentance maybe ( and say if they say " blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord" ...
What I am convinced of is there will have been a way made for them already.. really what is it ?
I am not sure!
But I know he(both) is merciful and They ) Father and Son) will have made a way for all willing or for all who were made willing, or for all who were willing to be made willing!! But then the Knowledge and the learning about the Big G begins for all the willing on that long Sabbeth starts.

but sure but it has to have to do with repentance at some level and agreement at some level and maybe some knee bending and or really meaningful and complete "covenant" agreements of peace ( or of non-militancy) and even one of brotherhood and probably even tribute/tax/tithe, in that they are agreeing to going every year to the feasts of God in Jerusalem as a brotherhood of nations and of his government for the sake of those laws common to all nations .. also ! maybe it looks (kind of) like that.

I only can see His patterns in scripture and his word and know He( the Lord/Prince) is prepared for all contingencies which the Father is willing to accommodate. As we all know very well there is things the Father will not be willing to accommodate without a very complete repentance and a turning from those kinds of sins which are very militant.
His kingdom is called the Sabbath rest for a reason. There will be peace.
Also I think we all forget there is really two kingdoms for a reason .. the Son's kingdom age of 1000 years and I believe it will be established first and leads us into (after 1000 years) the time of the fully and completed " Fathers kingdom" on a new Earth, which will be established 1000 years later After the Lord's starts !
it is not talked about a lot or we just have it all blurred up togther now .
But the biggest difference I can find now to explain the two kingdoms difference is that the thousand years there is a temple in Jerusalem and sacrifice/offerings( the son makes them) and Michah/ tributes is established in Ezekiel 's temple..The father comes to earth in that temple.. to play and eat with his kids AND FAMILY ..
But there is no temple in "the Father's kingdom" AND with it a new earth. so THIS COMING it is happening in stages.. the stage we are in now is his kingdom is in our hearts.
but that too will change and expand.

so what you said only partially true..

but yes faith in Jesus as Lord/King and savior is required to enter into "the Father's kingdom", "The kingdom Of God " , which is still at least 1000 years awayas I see it . everything else might be laced in all kinds of bluriness/ because we see through a glass darkly . But we know fore sure He will never make his people be ashamed that they walked in repentance willingly ! that we know for sure!
so every stay in a place with a heart full of repentance and in agreement with his wWord..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-02-2018 at 09:38 AM..

Old 11-02-2018, 09:28 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Under the New Covenant, Jesus further elaborates:

Revelation 22
[11] He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
[14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
[15] For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
[16] I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Yea, like I said, Gentiles...

Old 11-02-2018, 09:31 AM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea, like I said, Gentiles...
He still thinks he is under the covenant of Jeremiah 31 when he clearly is not Ephraim or Judah.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:33 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
He still thinks he is under the covenant of Jeremiah 31 when he clearly is not Ephraim or Judah.
That is the only place in the Tanakh that speaks of a New Covenant and who it is for...

Old 11-02-2018, 10:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Ah, there's no smugness like born-again fundie smugness. It's so childish as to be nearly adorable.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:54 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Ah, there's no smugness like born-again fundie smugness. It's so childish as to be nearly adorable.
You must have fath in gotquestions to enter the kingdom of God .

Old 11-02-2018, 11:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You must have fath in gotquestions to enter the kingdom of God .

Ha! Too soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity