U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-29-2018, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,387 posts, read 12,138,366 times
Reputation: 16624

Advertisements

Thanks, CCCyou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-29-2018, 11:00 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,172,359 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Forgiveness is recognizing that someone who has offended you the worst is the one MOST in need of YOUR continuous prayers to God for their forgiveness/mercy/conversion/salvation, doing everything you can in your power to effectuate such for THEIR benefit and NOT your own, and THANKING God for entrusting you with the burden of this cross even if you must carry it to the end of your days!


/rant over
I'm not a believer in people needing to be converted/saved in the sense that perhaps you mean it, but I do appreciate the idea that people doing something that offends us is an opportunity for us to learn to grow in our concern and unconditional love for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2018, 06:18 AM
 
107 posts, read 22,852 times
Reputation: 145
Default Hi Miss Hepburn

When asked how we shall forgive, Jesus answered, "You shall forgive seventy times seven." Which means infinitely, without limit.


He backed those words up by forgiving the very ones who had just driven iron spikes into his body. An impressive demonstration of total understanding and limitless forgiveness. This requires a total vision of reality as it truly is, beyond our conditioning, that sees death as a dark foreboding, fearful experience into an unknown realm, the quality of which is dependent upon our behavior in life. Total, unlimited forgiveness would seem to put all that fear to rest. Unconditional forgiveness is the ultimate act of love and kindness one can give and receive. And we need to begin by forgiving ourselves, for we cannot give what we do not have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2018, 06:26 AM
 
107 posts, read 22,852 times
Reputation: 145
Default The potent words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Forgiveness is an acknowledgement of a wrongful act: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do," which recognizes the truth of the matter. It does not transfer blame to that of the victim, rather it releases them from the bondage of the perpetrators.


Father, forgive them,For they do not know what they are doing" Also pinpoints the central human problem,...not evil, but...Ignorance, the root cause of all delusional offences. The notion that gaining the impermanent, by any means, will result in anything ever lasting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2018, 09:27 AM
Status: "be angry and sin not!" (set 4 days ago)
 
4,697 posts, read 1,221,381 times
Reputation: 244
here is a case for forgiveness.. it is wrongful accusations .
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/a...kistan-n926636

the reason I pray always for his kingdom to come is cases like this..

how do you get back 10 years with her children?
She( Asia )NO doubts will forgive them all!! but will her husband ? and her children forgive the liar, and the courts and the murders and those making the threats? ?
what about the men who were killed for standing up for her ?
will their children and wives forgive and be forgiven if they do not forgive ?
will the murdered forgive their murderers?
will all the liars and murders, war mongers of zillions of "offended" , and criminal judges and religious leaders even ask for forgiveness from the Lord at any point in the future . how many will receive his forgiveness before it is too late for them?

see "sin" is always death to so many.

one or two lies ( AKA "to bear false witness" ) and Now look at the death tolls?
and we are yet to see the eternal death created by just one liar and just one lie.

aBUT even if she said the truth ( it was God given truth they accused her of , though I doubt she said it like that to them) ..
but even if she did say it just like that . look at the death created by one truth and one who was "offended" at Jesus life and Jesus death and the price HE paid for us.( blessed are those who are not offended at him )
that story there is a lesson about what real sin is and what it does .
and how sin just like LIFE it multiplies and breeds and becomes a " demonic " life" all it's own..
and it is a really good case for having a culture based on forgiveness! His forgiveness and then ours also !

so now it is not time to stop praying yet! not until the " breeding" of it stops and His healing of it starts !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 10-31-2018 at 09:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2018, 10:08 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,093 posts, read 23,914,063 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
here is a case for forgiveness.. it is wrongful accusations .
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/a...kistan-n926636

the reason I pray always for his kingdom to come is cases like this..

how do you get back 10 years with her children?
She( Asia )NO doubts will forgive them all!! but will her husband ? and her children forgive the liar, and the courts and the murders and those making the threats? ?
what about the men who were killed for standing up for her ?
will their children and wives forgive and be forgiven if they do not forgive ?
will the murdered forgive their murderers?
will all the liars and murders, war mongers of zillions of "offended" , and criminal judges and religious leaders even ask for forgiveness from the Lord at any point in the future . how many will receive his forgiveness before it is too late for them?

see "sin" is always death to so many.

one or two lies ( AKA "to bear false witness" ) and Now look at the death tolls?
and we are yet to see the eternal death created by just one liar and just one lie.

aBUT even if she said the truth ( it was God given truth they accused her of , though I doubt she said it like that to them) ..
but even if she did say it just like that . look at the death created by one truth and one who was "offended" at Jesus life and Jesus death and the price HE paid for us.( blessed are those who are not offended at him )
that story there is a lesson about what real sin is and what it does .
and how sin just like LIFE it multiplies and breeds and becomes a " demonic " life" all it's own..
and it is a really good case for having a culture based on forgiveness! His forgiveness and then ours also !

so now it is not time to stop praying yet! not until the " breeding" of it stops and His healing of it starts !

and you do not think that evangelicals would love to impose similar laws here in Amerikkka?

That is why I pray that the evangelical's interpretation of god's will NEVER be done here on earth as it is in their convoluted mushroom minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2018, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,387 posts, read 12,138,366 times
Reputation: 16624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
When asked how we shall forgive, Jesus answered, "You shall forgive seventy times seven." Which means infinitely, without limit.

He backed those words up by forgiving the very ones who had just driven iron spikes into his body. An impressive demonstration of total understanding and limitless forgiveness. This requires a total vision of reality as it truly is, beyond our conditioning, that sees death as a dark foreboding, fearful experience into an unknown realm, the quality of which is dependent upon our behavior in life. Total, unlimited forgiveness would seem to put all that fear to rest. Unconditional forgiveness is the ultimate act of love and kindness one can give and receive. And we need to begin by forgiving ourselves, for we cannot give what we do not have.
Inspiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2018, 10:09 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,093 posts, read 23,914,063 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
When asked how we shall forgive, Jesus answered, "You shall forgive seventy times seven." Which means infinitely, without limit.


He backed those words up by forgiving the very ones who had just driven iron spikes into his body. An impressive demonstration of total understanding and limitless forgiveness. This requires a total vision of reality as it truly is, beyond our conditioning, that sees death as a dark foreboding, fearful experience into an unknown realm, the quality of which is dependent upon our behavior in life. Total, unlimited forgiveness would seem to put all that fear to rest. Unconditional forgiveness is the ultimate act of love and kindness one can give and receive. And we need to begin by forgiving ourselves, for we cannot give what we do not have.
yet He cursed the fig tree for not bearing fruit?????


When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again". And his disciples heard him say it. In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots.


How stupid is this, really???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2018, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,387 posts, read 12,138,366 times
Reputation: 16624
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
yet He cursed the fig tree for not bearing fruit?????
There was a very amazing explanation I read once as to why he did that.
I had no idea it was something I, myself, would never have understood on my own.

I will try to find it.
He was making a specific point to the disciples that were with him I recall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2018, 11:24 AM
 
Location: New England
32,225 posts, read 21,111,453 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Anything goes.
What is it to you? What do you think Jesus meant?
Is it hard for you ? Is it easy for you?
What has been your exp regarding forgiveness....being forgiven..

Rant and ramble on 'Forgiveness', please.
Thank you.
I have seen what unforgiveness does to the unforgiving and unforgiven. Better to always walk in uncondittional forgiveness, it is far better than being eaten up alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top